Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: October 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - Preseason - 0-0

Every time Hayes caught the ball beyond the 3pt line I'm like ''take it. Take the shot.''
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Buds.. the squad looks pretty good considering the poor competition. We all should be excited and optimistic.

I also think Melli is going to look really good on the floor with Holiday, and Zo..

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    You know you haven’t been a fan since the beginning, so you deflect. But your opinion is that he fits in, and my opinion is that Mirotic is a better option. Doesn’t make me a “casual”. But whatever Internet dude.
    lmao oh my falt I obviously haven't been around here at all unlike you man sit down casual

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Your opinion is that he fits in, and my opinion is that Mirotic is a better option. Doesn’t make me a “casual”. But whatever Internet dude.

Yea nothing wrong with that at all. Mirotic was a great fit here. I think Melli brings everything he does but better in some other areas.

Lol y’all lil dudes really feminine, man. But in other news, the squad as a whole looked good. Anxious to see if Zo can stay consistent with that 3-Ball all season.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea nothing wrong with that at all. Mirotic was a great fit here. I think Melli brings everything he does but better in some other areas.
    oh no no GA don't you do it melli looked horrible apparently lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    my opinion is that Mirotic is a better option.
    You know who's a better option than Melli AND Mirotic? Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime. Unfortunately he is just as available as Mirotic. You're literally making something an option that was not an option. Might as well be wishing for leprechauns and unicorns.

Lol y’all lil dudes really feminine, man. But in other news, the squad as a whole looked good. Anxious to see if Zo can stay consistent with that 3-Ball all season.
    annnnmnnd we found the dude who isn't comfortable with his sexuality

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    You know who's a better option than Melli AND Mirotic? Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime. Unfortunately he is just as available as Mirotic.
    lmfao, I love you guys

Good first pre-season game! Good to get a win on the board.

All of the main guys had at least okay games tonight.

Jrue played barely 18 minutes and put up 21 points on 78% shooting and 60% from 3, and was our clear best defender. Just came in and carved ATL up.

Zion had a great professional debut, 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals. Turned it over a few times, although once it wasn't really a turnover it was a foul. Didn't play as much active D as I know he can, so that's kind of disappointing, but hey, it's the first game and nobody played great D outside of Jrue.

Ingram really warmed up in the second half. His first half was really rough, he shot terribly, took several bad choices, made bad reads and decisions, etc, but after halftime it looks like he cleared his head a little because he made a big improvement in terms of his decision making and passing. Moved better off ball too. Hope we see more of ''second half'' Ingram moving forward. That third quarter was where he did most of his damage, and he looked good then.

Lonzo looked pretty good too. He had 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists in 25 minutes, read the floor very well, made a bunch of good passes. There was a time in the second quarter where he caught the inbounds and you could see him gearing up to launch the outlet pass before realising nobody was down-court and he just pounded the ball like he was annoyed by it Dude just wants to launch big passes. His new reworked shot looked really nice as well, and he maintained it pretty well. The form drifted on the stepback, but it was otherwise good and he shot 3 for 8 which is 37.5%. Much more comfortable with him shooting high volume 3s if he's making them at that pace.

Good game! Good fun to watch, lots of promise. Lots of stuff that needs fixing too but hey, it's game 1 of the preseason, we have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good first pre-season game! Good to get a win on the board.

All of the main guys had at least okay games tonight.

Jrue played barely 18 minutes and put up 21 points on 78% shooting and 60% from 3, and was our clear best defender. Just came in and carved ATL up.

Zion had a great professional debut, 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals. Turned it over a few times, although once it wasn't really a turnover it was a foul. Didn't play as much active D as I know he can, so that's kind of disappointing, but hey, it's the first game and nobody played great D outside of Jrue.

Ingram really warmed up in the second half. His first half was really rough, he shot terribly, took several bad choices, made bad reads and decisions, etc, but after halftime it looks like he cleared his head a little because he made a big improvement in terms of his decision making and passing. Moved better off ball too. Hope we see more of ''second half'' Ingram moving forward. That third quarter was where he did most of his damage, and he looked good then.

Lonzo looked pretty good too. He had 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists in 25 minutes, read the floor very well, made a bunch of good passes. There was a time in the second quarter where he caught the inbounds and you could see him gearing up to launch the outlet pass before realising nobody was down-court and he just pounded the ball like he was annoyed by it Dude just wants to launch big passes. His new reworked shot looked really nice as well, and he maintained it pretty well. The form drifted on the stepback, but it was otherwise good and he shot 3 for 8 which is 37.5%. Much more comfortable with him shooting high volume 3s if he's making them at that pace.

Good game! Good fun to watch, lots of promise. Lots of stuff that needs fixing too but hey, it's game 1 of the preseason, we have plenty of time.
    yeah I think that's the most encouraging thing our guys didn't play much but dominated a team we should dominate I think we just get a lot better I'm even more excited now

Ingram is just 23 minutes putting up 19 points 6 rebounds and 50% from FG/3pt..
    This 22 year old kid is about to blow up this year. Then you have Zion who has shown how dominant he can be and his game already showing to translate very well. Throw in Ball who will be a legit triple double threat every night giving Gentry exactly what he wants to run is offense at the point. We all know what we have in Jrue who is about to have the best season of his career. I believe he will shot 40% from 3pt where he really put work in this offseason. This team is going to be a lot better then people think.

I’m

Casual? Nah, been a fan since the franchise first came here bro. I mean you joined this site 5 years AFTER me. I’m not a fan of this guy “Melli”
    Thats just an extremely weird take. And Melli fits this team better than "shoot 15 threes per game" Mirotic

This 22 year old kid is about to blow up this year. Then you have Zion who has shown how dominant he can be and his game already showing to translate very well. Throw in Ball who will be a legit triple double threat every night giving Gentry exactly what he wants to run is offense at the point. We all know what we have in Jrue who is about to have the best season of his career. I believe he will shot 40% from 3pt where he really put work in this offseason. This team is going to be a lot better then people think.
    it wasn't always great but he looked good needs more time

The Franchise
    "Thumbs up"

Man I get busy for a couple months and come back into the fire I see. Lol

I really liked Mirotic. He would be great on this team. Unfortunately he wanted to get paid a crap ton of money and play in Europe. I'm happy for him. Melli looked really good for us. I'm hoping he can turn into our Joe Ingles.

This game was fun to watch. My only question is: How long before they finally just give backup PG to NAW? I mean Moore isn't even... No. Jackson is getting every chance but everytime I look at NAW play I just think he should be getting minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Thats just an extremely weird take. And Melli fits this team better than "shoot 15 threes per game" Mirotic
    I'm glad you guys can say it better than me lol I'm a little drunk but I mean according to him 6ou came be a fan if you weren't on the message board since they got here lol

LoL!! If that recap doesn’t show what a hater you are I don’t know what does! Had a “really rough” 1st half with several bad shots, choices, and reads.. Haha is first half was not that bad but nice dramatizing. Just because you don’t like when an 89th percentile shooter from mid range takes mid range shots doesn’t make them bad decisions or shots. Go tell Kawhi he does nothing but take bad shots. Makes a ton of sense to tell someone who is elite to stop doing it because it doesn’t agree with their view of analytics.

I mean NAW. Dude slaps his own butt after a made 3. You can see the shooting guard in him take over at times but...thats EXACTLY what you want out of a backup point guard.

I know Gentry trying to be diplomatic to the older guys but give it to the rook...NOW.

Agreed, plus it was obvious that a few guys needed to get in better basketball shape. I can only see more intensity as the season progresses, especially from Zion as he gets his legs up under him. Jrue really looked like a special player out there and I can tell the guys trusts him as the leader and most talented player on the team.

It was the Hawks, but the Pels put it away by the 3rd... Can’t wait until everybody really gels.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And you've been on the site longer than him so he can't disagree with you. That's the rule, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I really liked Mirotic. He would be great on this team. Unfortunately he wanted to get paid a crap ton of money and play in Europe. I'm happy for him. Melli looked really good for us. I'm hoping he can turn into our Joe Ingles.

This game was fun to watch. My only question is: How long before they finally just give backup PG to NAW? I mean Moore isn't even... No. Jackson is getting every chance but everytime I look at NAW play I just think he should be getting minutes.
    yup exactly what I'm thinking sorry Moore isn't a pg and I love Jackson but naw hasn't been here 6 months and dude seems like he belongs. I think Moore and Jackson are trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And you've been on the site longer than him so he can't disagree with you. That's the rule, apparently.
    lmfao exactly!!

I wrote out my pre season playoffs stuff in the middle of August, and in it, I predicted we'd make the playoffs as the 7th seed.

This game has done nothing to change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I think he is getting the backup minutes. Moore only had 8 minutes tonight while NAW got 15 minutes. Frank got 16, Hart 16, and JJ 13.. Which to me shows Moore will be a non factor. We need to show some minutes so his trade value can stay up somewhat imo.

Thread Information