Pelicans Report

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    There are plenty of people who said they wouldn't like a in season firing. In this very thread. I think there was even a poll about in a separate thread. I am the only person you were talking to this morning in this issue. So when you said something as general as that yes I am going to assume you are talking to me.

Also I don't take anything on this forum personal. You keep saying I do but I really don't I'm sorry I don't care about you guys enough for it to let what you say get to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    There are plenty of people who said they wouldn't like a in season firing. In this very thread. I think there was even a poll about in a separate thread. I am the only person you were talking to this morning in this issue. So when you said something as general as that yes I am going to assume you are talking to me.Also I don't take anything on this forum personal. You keep saying I do but I really don't I'm sorry I don't care about you guys enough for it to let what you say get to me lol
    I'm not saying that a good coach wouldn't take a job mid season. I'm saying BSH said that when asking who could do better than Monty, so he was assuming that anyone who wants Monty fired wants it done mid-season.
    Changing arguments again.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

There are plenty of people who said they wouldn't like a in season firing. In this very thread. I think there was even a poll about in a separate thread. I am the only person you were talking to this morning in this issue. So when you said something as general as that yes I am going to assume you are talking to me.

Also I don't take anything on this forum personal. You keep saying I do but I really don't I'm sorry I don't care about you guys enough for it to let what you say get to me lol
    You said something that was wrong. I'm going to call you out if you are lying what do you want me to say?

You said something that was wrong. I'm going to call you out if you are lying what do you want me to say?
    Nope, you took it out of context and made up an argument. Regardless, this is getting us no where. and is turning petty. I take some fault in that. Have a good day man.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Changing arguments again.
    Nothing changed? I really don't know what you are trying to accomplish. I understand now. You really don't care about topics, you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I get it I'm sorry and will adjust my comments accordingly.

This thread was already so anemic I didn't think it was possible for it to devolve any further.

I was wrong.

Holy crap. This is awesome!!!

Sometimes I wish Jester and ItsRynosTime were still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Sometimes I wish Jester and ItsRynosTime were still around.
    I thought he came back?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I thought he came back?
    Was put back on DNP - CD

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    He had a naughty mouth if I remember right

I, for one, think Monty deserves at least a second chance to let this "Tyreke" situation pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Was put back on DNP - CD
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    He had a naughty mouth if I remember right

I, for one, think Monty deserves at least a second chance to let this "Tyreke" situation pan out.
    I'm sort of on the fence with this. I just for the life of me can't understand why tyrekes min are so inconsistent. I'm not just talking about last game or 2. Been that way for a while now. When we had our keys guys go out. The super sub off the bench idea should've went out the window immediately. He should of then stepped into a starting role and logging 35+ min IMO. Also, with the season being lost as far as playoffs go. I can't understand why steisthma and some of these guys are logging major min. All the while our rookies and 2nd year guys are barely seeing the floor in comparison. This is the perfect time for Withey to develop on the floor. Miller as well. I know miller hasn't been great as of late but only way for him to get better is to see some consistent pt. I mean forget Withey being a rookie and steisthma being a vet. Withey is the better player hands down. That, and on top of him being a rookie just makes it even more discouraging for me to continue to see the opposite happening. Idk man Monty has been here goin on 5 years now. We are seeing the same things happening since year 1. As far as rotations go and his in game adjustments. His lack of recognizing momentum swings and when to disrupt them. He waits entirely too long to call tos when other team is going on a run. Although it doesn't happen every time. It does happen way too often. Like I said tho. as far as the rotations and in game management goes. He does those things correctly as well at times. It's not always just all bad with him. I do think the negatives outweigh the positives tho. Cause the positives aren't great enough to over come his shortcomings. IMO. I don't think dell gets enough blame on this board by some of the pure anti Monty guys. Dell deserves his fair share of the blame for dealing Monty his hand as well. I'm just ready to start winning and I'm sure Anthony Davis is too. Losing gets old real quick especially for a young guy like ad. Who is used to winning at every level so far in life. Hopefully we get this thing right and start winning next year. Whether that be with Monty and dell or not. I could honestly not care less if they are here or not. As long as we are winning. Winning cures all. Truest statement in professional sports.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 02-10-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I'm sort of on the fence with this. I just for the life of me can't understand why tyrekes min are so inconsistent. I'm not just talking about last game or 2. Been that way for a while now. When we had our keys guys go out. The super sub off the bench idea should've went out the window immediately. He should of then stepped into a starting role and logging 35+ min IMO. Also, with the season being lost as far as playoffs go. I can't understand why steisthma and some of these guys are logging major min. All the while our rookies and 2nd year guys are barely seeing the floor in comparison. This is the perfect time for Withey to develop on the floor. Miller as well. I know miller hasn't been great as of late but only way for him to get better is to see some consistent pt. I mean forget Withey being a rookie and steisthma being a vet. Withey is the better player hands down. That, and on top of him being a rookie just makes it even more discouraging for me to continue to see the opposite happening. Idk man Monty has been here goin on 5 years now. We are seeing the same things happening since year 1. As far as rotations go and his in game adjustments. His lack of recognizing momentum swings and when to disrupt them. He waits entirely too long to call tos when other team is going on a run. Although it doesn't happen every time. It does happen way too often. Like I said tho. as far as the rotations and in game management goes. He does those things correctly as well at times. It's not always just all bad with him. I do think the negatives outweigh the positives tho. Cause the positives aren't great enough to over come his shortcomings. IMO. I don't think dell gets enough blame on this board by some of the pure anti Monty guys. Dell deserves his fair share of the blame for dealing Monty his hand as well. I'm just ready to start winning and I'm sure Anthony Davis is too. Losing gets old real quick especially for a young guy like ad. Who is used to winning at every level so far in life. Hopefully we get this thing right and start winning next year. Whether that be with Monty and dell or not. I could honestly not care less if they are here or not. As long as we are winning. Winning cures all. Truest statement in professional sports.
    Not that your message was tl;dr but I stopped after the first couple of sentences, I got really eager to respond. I promise I'll go back and read the rest later. Probably even after I finish typing this.

What if he's not shoving Tyreke into a starting role because he wants him to get acclimated into the role of the supersub. Yeah, maybe its stubborn-ness but at the same time, Tyreke was brought in to be the supersub. He could spot start, but Monty may want him to develop a mindset that his place is the bench brigade and he's the leader of the pine pack. I dunno, but maybe?

Anyway, snooches

Not that your message was tl;dr but I stopped after the first couple of sentences, I got really eager to respond. I promise I'll go back and read the rest later. Probably even after I finish typing this.

What if he's not shoving Tyreke into a starting role because he wants him to get acclimated into the role of the supersub. Yeah, maybe its stubborn-ness but at the same time, Tyreke was brought in to be the supersub. He could spot start, but Monty may want him to develop a mindset that his place is the bench brigade and he's the leader of the pine pack. I dunno, but maybe?

Anyway, snooches
    Monty is a blind jester that does things without reason to **** off the fan base. Mystery solved.

Anyway, snooches
    Could be, but when 1 of the main guys that he was brought here to pair with goes out. You adjust accordingly. I think that was the main reason Babbitt was brought In. Looking at our roster tho without holiday, Ryno, and smith. Rekes min need to increase IMO. Whether it be not starting for the first 5-6 min.i mean who actually starts out the game don't mean jack. My gripe is more of him not getting a consistent amount of min every night. We are paying him way too much money for him to be getting only 15-20 min a night when he does play. That's just ridiculous.

Let's not start the personal attacks guys.

Today in my 2k14 Mycareer I scored 54 points 6 rebounds 3 assists and 2 blocks in 26 minutes. Monty then pulls me into his office and tells me how I didn't take advantage of my opportunity and he is going to cut my minutes. That's So Monty!

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Today in my 2k14 Mycareer I scored 54 points 6 rebounds 3 assists and 2 blocks in 26 minutes. Monty then pulls me into his office and tells me how I didn't take advantage of my opportunity and he is going to cut my minutes. That's So Monty!

Brian Roberts, Greg Stiemsma, and Aminu will be starting over you in no time.

Get it started early. Monty's clueless. Watches a lineup go on a 22-5 run. Lineup doesn't see the court in the entie 3rd quarter. Instead the lineup that got us down by 13 gets us back down by 17. Just brilliant coaching.

I put 100% of the blame on Monty for this loss. Not sarcastic at all
    @mcnamara247

Stupid substitution patterns is killing this team...

Lineup back in. 4 pt game in the 4th. Monty has to see it right? I mean, he can't be that clueless or stubborn.

Thread Information