Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 2 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And I told you: nothing. We will run it back largely the same. We will get roughly 46-50 wins from pure team talent for the next few years until guys start running out of contracts and deciding to leave, and the team will atrophy back to a re-set. Because there needs to be changes in order to improve, and we cannot reasonably expect that from a Griff/Benson team.

Maybe they surprise us, but that is not a reasonable expectation - that would be a surprise.
    You should have told me this when I first joined this forum lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    You should have told me this when I first joined this forum lol..
    The ''war chest'' that Griff was so proud of after the LA trade has been thoroughly squandered. There's not much left to make moves with. The only real shake-ups you can make are with BI and possibly CJ, unless you want to start just emptying the cabinets of Trey and Herb too. Obviously that's going too far.

So it comes down to asking whether you think Griff would trade BI. And I don't think he would, no. So there's nowhere to go.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    You are being extremely generous. If BI had played like he did in the second half we would have just lost by 20 instead of 30. He was a -12 in the second half. The only difference is that some of the bad shots went in, which makes it look better on a stat sheet but did not actually represent an improvement in his play overall.

And sure it would be closer if SGA was out, but I'm pretty certain that if we swapped Chet and BI, the Pels don't look this miserable. Chet wouldn't collapse in this same way. We've had 7 quarters of terrible play from BI across 2 playoff games so far, and he wasn't exactly great in the play-ins either.
    The difference in the 2nd half is that he was aggressive, finally. He had 2 shots in the first half.

Everyone was in the negative plus minus that game. Thats what happens in a blow out. I dont think you can name a single NBA team that can lose their best player and still win a champtionship.

Even Hawkins bringing open ones. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    The difference in the 2nd half is that he was aggressive, finally. He had 2 shots in the first half.

Everyone was in the negative plus minus that game. Thats what happens in a blow out. I dont think you can name a single NBA team that can lose their best player and still win a champtionship.
    I don't expect to win a championship.

Not get swept in completely embarrassing fashion however, is much more on the table.

Look at what Miami did tonight against Boston without Butler. Did they win? No. But they didn't just embarrass themselves.

The Franchise
    The ''war chest'' that Griff was so proud of after the LA trade has been thoroughly squandered. There's not much left to make moves with. The only real shake-ups you can make are with BI and possibly CJ, unless you want to start just emptying the cabinets of Trey and Herb too. Obviously that's going too far.

So it comes down to asking whether you think Griff would trade BI. And I don't think he would, no. So there's nowhere to go.
    I guess this is where our views diverge. Even though I'm probably being overly optimistic. I'd rather keep the major talent, in hopes of drawing in a third guy. Maybe.. just maybe ownership would consider paying for a 3d guy if an opportunity opened up.

The alternative is moving Ingram, getting 2 players that aren't as good, but possibly fit better with Zion. That team isn't a championship team. A team with Zion, Ingram, and another guy get's you close. But again, if what you're saying holds true, ownership would never spend what's needed to get the 3d guy.

Impressive win by Miami with no Butler in Boston

The good news is: I got a lot of paperwork done.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The good news is: I got a lot of paperwork done.

My Dallas Stars played at the same time. Was hoping to have at least one team make a deep run.

Now I have to spend quality time with my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    My Dallas Stars played at the same time. Was hoping to have at least one team make a deep run.

Now I have to spend quality time with my kid.

I’m going to sleep

Celtics, 3 expensive main guys. Lakers 3, Heat 3, Clippers 3, Suns 3, etc.. If this team isn't willing to spend enough for 3 of these types where are we going??
    We have 3 expensive main guys. Problem is, they do not seem to work together at a high level.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Everyone wanted them to win for this. All they do is make fans suffer.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We have 3 expensive main guys. Problem is, they do not seem to work together at a high level.
    I don't believe CJ is a main guy anymore. I put him in the category of a premier vet that can give you a good 25 minutes per game. But shouldn't be counted on to shoulder the load of what's driving a teams success.

I'm thinking someone like Siakam, Zack Lavine, Paul George, or even Porzingis. Players in that tier.

With that being said, I understand what you guys are saying about the ownership. So I suppose it's just unrealistic to expect or want a team configured in that manner.

Anyone got audio of David Wesley last night? There is a report he went on radio and called the team and coaching staff quitters last night.

0 3pt attempts for Ingram last night

Big disappointment... weak defense, waaaayyyy too soft - without commitment. We won't win any Playoffs game without Z, with BI and CJ playing so poorly...

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Anyone got audio of David Wesley last night? There is a report he went on radio and called the team and coaching staff quitters last night.
    He's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Big disappointment... weak defense, waaaayyyy too soft - without commitment. We won't win any Playoffs game without Z, with BI and CJ playing so poorly...
    BI and CJ have really disappointed. BI is way too soft and tentative. Very disappointing.

Say what you will about Zion as a leader, but he's in the sidelines doing Willie Green's job for him and when we lose, he's always up there in front of the media answering for it. You can tell he isn't always happy, but he takes responsibility.

BI rarely ever on the podium. Dude loves to duck the smoke.

Say what you will about Zion as a leader, but he's in the sidelines doing Willie Green's job for him and when we lose, he's always up there in front of the media answering for it. You can tell he isn't always happy, but he takes responsibility.

He?s soft as Charmin, physically and mentally.

Let Zion coach the team. He did more than Willie. Surely he can’t hurt himself doing that. Right?

The Franchise

Win or lose he's rarely there. So how is that ducking smoke??

Win or lose he's rarely there. So how is that ducking smoke??
    Just another reason not pay him.
    He's not a leader, alpha or a star.
    I will laugh when **** wit Griff pays him 45M a year

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Just another reason not pay him.
    He's not a leader, alpha or a star.
    I will laugh when **** wit Griff pays him 45M a year
    That's fine if you feel that way.. But some of the commentary in here is silly. My response was to a contradictory statement that was made. If you don't like Ingram or want him on the squad, I'm sure it's because of basketball reasons. I get it. But as I said, let's not get silly with it.

Thread Information