Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 2 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Playoffs Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 2 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Let’ s try again. Let’ s not throw bricks and let’ s hope Willie got a brain!

The question once again will be can they score enough points..

Ingram needs to be a lot better

Oh and keep Jonas on the court if he is playing well

If we can make to round 2 we may get Zion back . That is my prediction of what it sounded like in his interview yesterday. I don’t think he has touched a basketball yet.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-24-2024 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If we can make to round 2 we may get Zion back . That is my prediction of what it sounded like in his interview yesterday. I don’t think he has touched a basketball yet.
    I'm holding out hope he can get back for later in this series if we can manage to stretch it out to 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'm holding out hope he can get back for later in this series if we can manage to stretch it out to 6 or 7.
    The pipe dream for me is to have him return Game 3 at home, but I recognise that's probably not going to happen even if he does come back eventually.
    Basketball.

Before the series started, I was convinced the Thunder would come out hot game one and this game would be our best chance at snagging an away win. But then the Thunder spent game one looking like a young team not ready to play under the big lights and we let them off the hook......

So...will OKC still come out nervous or will that win bolster their confidence? We'll see. I think it's important we start hot to destroy that confidence.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball Guru
    we need to learn how to close games out....we need clutch players or a coach who can put the right players in that position...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The pipe dream for me is to have him return Game 3 at home, but I recognise that's probably not going to happen even if he does come back eventually.
    At some point you would think they just need to let him decide if he feels like he can give it a go. Best case is he's fine, worst case is he aggravates it and is out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    At some point you would think they just need to let him decide if he feels like he can give it a go. Best case is he's fine, worst case is he aggravates it and is out anyway.
    I mean, worse case is that by playing on an active injury he's overcompensating by relying too heavily on the other leg or something and what would have been a couple of weeks of re-hab turns into a career ender when he ruptures his achilles or something.

If he's not ready to play, don't force it.

Once all scans are clear and imaging is clear, then give him the option but don't even allow him to touch the court until that's the case.

I mean, worse case is that by playing on an active injury he's overcompensating by relying too heavily on the other leg or something and what would have been a couple of weeks of re-hab turns into a career ender when he ruptures his achilles or something.

If he's not ready to play, don't force it.

Once all scans are clear and imaging is clear, then give him the option but don't even allow him to touch the court until that's the case.
    No way you force it. He would need to pass whatever testing they want him too. I just fear we may end up with the "I don't fell like myself," stuff again even though he's cleared. I'm hoping that taste of dominating a game and carrying the team in a playoff scenario when he went out will motivate him to get back out there even if he isn't feeling 100% but things are stable.

Mainly, if you get cleared get ya butt back out there and play through it.

Looks like away teams are trending right now.

We're gonna win game 2, I have faith.

BI bounce back game.

I will choose to believe.

Unstoppable JV early

Take Jonas off Chet and let him defend Giddey. Dear Giddey to shoot

Can Willie Green just do basic coaching

The Franchise
    Unstoppable JV early
    Who would have thought?

Let's see.. Everyone except for his coach. lol.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount_Zion View Post
    Take Jonas off Chet and let him defend Giddey. Dear Giddey to shoot

Can Willie Green just do basic coaching
    he will put nance in because chet shooting 3s..

Basketball Guru
    okc had a bad shooting game one...we will have to match them in shooting if they stay hot like this....i want to see willie play jonas and nance together and see if okc try to match up...then play zone defense....

IMO, Green has been putting everyone where they need to be....they're just bricking shots.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The offense is really bad with out JV. Put Brandon Ingram in. We need something going

Double digit deficit in the first?

Classic Pelicans.

Basketball Guru
    if hawkins or ryan can spell herb then see if okc will leave them open for 3s or unclog the inside for some inside scoring..

Looks like the refs have decided OKC will win this one. Plus they can't miss from 3

Basketball Guru
    i wonder if the refs are going to call that offensive push off that alexander does alot...

The officiating is so much worse with TNT. Joel and AD will call it out and somehow relaxes me knowing someone agrees. The TNT announcers are just like "you have to love the way OKC keeps hitting Ingram. Shots to the body. Yeah."

Then they call every touch we make to them.

Thread Information