Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 1 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nothign wrong with that, if we were hitting any of them.

2/13 between Trey, BI, and Herb combined.

CJ not much better but at 2/5 he looks like a sharpshooter compared to those three.
    jonas in now...they are doubling jonas, if we play inside out and put all shooters around jonas, someone get a wide open 3 and the shots should start falling..

At this rate, this game is going to have a real 2003 looking score by the end. 74-80 type stuff.
    Basketball.

BI waking up a bit here to close the half

43-43 at the half.

Grinding first half, woke up a bit at the end there but woof. Not anyone's idea of perfect execution.

Tied though, I'll take that. It's all there to play for in the second half on the road against a top seed, why can complain?

On one hand this tie feels good and gives me hope. On the other hand it feels like we should have a double digit lead and we'll regret not taking advantage of that.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

43-43 at the half.

Grinding first half, woke up a bit at the end there but woof. Not anyone's idea of perfect execution.

Tied though, I'll take that. It's all there to play for in the second half on the road against a top seed, why can complain?
    Can't really ask for anything else.

Seems like a Hawkins game, we someone who can score off the dribble. We keep getting it inside and have to kick it back out. Trey need that middy game.

Basketball Guru
    i want to see trey attack and try to murder someone attempting to dunk the ball since they're running him off the 3pt line.....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Seems like a Hawkins game, we someone who can score off the dribble. We keep getting it inside and have to kick it back out. Trey need that middy game.
    yeah...get the lead and put all shooters around jonas and just run n gun....

The mistake people made about JV vs Holmgren (including me) is discounting Old Man strength. The rookie did good during the regular season but playoff basketball is different. JV really might own him all series long. Too bad Zion is not in because we would be destroying them low.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The mistake people made about JV vs Holmgren (including me) is discounting Old Man strength. The rookie did good during the regular season but playoff basketball is different. JV really might own him all series long. Too bad Zion is not in because we would be destroying them low.
    I didn't make that mistake. I've been begging for more JV the entire season (the bits I was active, anyway). JV really bullied Chet in the regular season matchups, WG just hated letting him.

I didn't make that mistake. I've been begging for more JV the entire season (the bits I was active, anyway). JV really bullied Chet in the regular season matchups, WG just hated letting him.
    But you and I know WG is a stubborn fool with JV

Yeah you did, Dae. Almost all the talking heads dog JV. They're about to regret it.

We HAVE to start hitting our shots.

Anyone elese feeel like if Zion was playing we would be crushing them?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Anyone elese feeel like if Zion was playing we would be crushing them?
    Zion averaged 25/8/9 against the Thunder this year. One game super efficient, one game under his averages. It's that weird area where Chet gets blocks but he also weighs nothing so they kind of cancel each other out at the rim and you just get Zion collapsing defenses and creating crazy opportunities even though his own scoring stays relatively stable.

If he was playing we'd be up 10 right now.

TNT absolutely never replays the controversial calls.

For Christ sake they going to let these stupid YHT fans take over the game.

Trailer park night in OKC

Basketball Guru
    the wheels falling off

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the wheels falling off
    Need someone to start scoring at a consistent rate. Nobody seems able to put two buckets in in a row.

Trey hitting some big shots tonight to keep us in it

Jose and Nance, bench mob saying 'not today, evil Thunder'

Basketball Guru
    i wonder if zion would get the calls tonight if he was playing...

Man. Seriously. It's like a dozen calls now that seemed bad but I don't know for sure because TNT just will not show replays.

I miss Joel and AD.

Still winnable but it would take CJ or BI having a good quarter and neither of them have looked good this game.

Thread Information