Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zion Williamson is the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How do you propose we proceed in improving this noncontending team with 3 players making $35 million plus a year and its second best player expecting a $50 million a year max extension? Shall we trade Murphy in order to pay BI as both are due a lucrative extension? Is that mid range shot taking us to the promise land?

We will have an opportunity to see in the playoffs.
    I've asked this question a million times and never got an answer.

The reality is that if you sign BI for that max, and extend Trey, you must do it on the assumption that this is a championship level team in the waiting. If you don't believe that, then you're admitting you don't care about championship upside because there will be no more needle-moving options available to us.

If you don't think this is already a championship calibre team, then you accept there needs to be change and you can't do that while committing that money. So someone's got to go.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've asked this question a million times and never got an answer.

The reality is that if you sign BI for that max, and extend Trey, you must do it on the assumption that this is a championship level team in the waiting. If you don't believe that, then you're admitting you don't care about championship upside because there will be no more needle-moving options available to us.

If you don't think this is already a championship calibre team, then you accept there needs to be change and you can't do that while committing that money. So someone's got to go.
    It's simple. You package a positive asset with a perceived negative asset. We've seen this done before, time and time again. So I'm puzzled as to why some of you are puzzled on how keeping Ingram, and Zion together while upgrading is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would also like to win the lottery and marry a supermodel.

BI is not signing a contract for way below his max, if he was going to do that he would have extended last year. Trey is not extending for half of the money that comparable players from his class have been extending for. CP3 is not coming home.
    Yes, hence why I am part of team trade BI. Because, I?d rather D Murray, extending Murphy, and Capela.

Thread Information