Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lakers vs Pelicans: Play-In Game 4/16/2024 GAMEDAY THREAD

I’m just assuming that the season is now over. What what a soul crushing end to a promising season

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The big story here is Zion's injury and BI not getting any minutes down the stretch. If the injury was bad enough for Zion to leave the game in that situation, I dont expect to see him next game either. Ordinarily that would mean we hand the keys to BI... but i am genuinely confused and concerned by what happened with him tonight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Again, minutes restriction and coming off extended injury. He probably wasn't feeling well / still hurt.

I think it's important to note that whatever injury curse plagues the city of New Orleans is starting to spill over to prominent forum posters who live an entire ocean away and that's very concerning. How experts have not been flown in to exorcize this curse is beyond me and the FO for both franchises deserve all scrutiny.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

BI for D Murray and C Capela in the offseason!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Again, minutes restriction and coming off extended injury. He probably wasn't feeling well / still hurt.
    its the season on the line. Not feeling well or minutes restriction is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    The big story here is Zion's injury and BI not getting any minutes down the stretch. If the injury was bad enough for Zion to leave the game in that situation, I dont expect to see him next game either. Ordinarily that would mean we hand the keys to BI... but i am genuinely confused and concerned by what happened with him tonight.
    Probably a minutes restriction that wasn't worth breaching when he wasn't good tonight anyway.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Probably a minutes restriction that wasn't worth breaching when he wasn't good tonight anyway.
    idk man its a tie game in a do or die situation with 3 minutes left, and Zion had to leave. If ever there was a moment we needed BI to step up, that was it.

Best wishes to Zion.

Dude played like crazy the last half of the season, played 70 games, deserves All NBA 3rd Team, and put up 40/11/5 on solid efficiency in a must win game where there was precious little help to be found.

Not surprised he got hurt trying to carry half the squad.

idk man its a tie game in a do or die situation with 3 minutes left, and Zion had to leave. If ever there was a moment we needed BI to step up, that was it.
    There were 45 minutes he could have stepped up in prior and he didn't. I'd rather ride with guys like Jose in those minutes who had at least left it all out there.

Minutes restriction combined with a "we're currently down and don't match up well against these guys, let's go all in on Fri" that may have blown up spectacularly if Zion's injury is more than a day or two.

There were 45 minutes he could have stepped up in prior and he didn't. I'd rather ride with guys like Jose in those minutes who had at least left it all out there.
    right thats what im leaning towards too, which is not a good look for BI.

Thanks for telling us nothing, I guess.

It's not 'sore', he slammed the towel and went to the back and Griff followed. That's not what happens when you're 'sore'. You don't drop 40 and then get sudden onset 'soreness'.

I get that they don't know because the imaging is tomorrow, but damn.

right thats what im leaning towards too, which is not a good look for BI.

Confirmed, that was it. Just didn't want to interrupt the guys who were already going.

This team needs changes. If we give BI that contract I'm going to be fuming.

The Franchise
    Obviously Ingram isn't back into common form, which can be expected. Considering, he might not even be fully recovered, and if he is, it's going to take a bit of time for him to round back into form. I see his detractors are still at it, which is predictable. lol

For those that want him gone, good luck finding a player of that caliber that wants to come to NO, and good luck holding on to Zion when or if Ingram is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Obviously Ingram isn't back into common form, which can be expected. Considering, he might not even be fully recovered, and if he is, it's going to take a bit of time for him to round back into form. I see his detractors are still at it, which is predictable. lol

For those that want him gone, good luck finding a player of that caliber that wants to come to NO, and good luck holding on to Zion when or if Ingram is gone.
    I'd rather have a lesser player who doesn't cost $50m a year, frankly.

If the fit is more natural, even better.

Confirmed, that was it. Just didn't want to interrupt the guys who were already going.

This team needs changes. If we give BI that contract I'm going to be fuming.
    Yikes, he clearly doesn't fit this teams future. Trade him

The Franchise
    I'd rather have a lesser player who doesn't cost $50m a year, frankly.

If the fit is more natural, even better.
    That's what you'd rather have. I get the logic. Problem is, what you'd prefer won't translate to a significant improvement. Nor will it keep Zion here. Zion, Ingram, and another star that plays up to the potential that CJ was supposed to play up to, is a possible contender. Replacing Ingram with lesser more cost effective players, actually loses the owners revenue, and reduces the likelihood that this team advances. Also accelerates Zion's departure.

That's what you'd rather have. I get the logic. Problem is, what you'd prefer won't translate to a significant improvement. Nor will it keep Zion here. Zion, Ingram, and another star that plays up to the potential that CJ was supposed to play up to, is a possible contender. Replacing Ingram with lesser more cost effective players, actually loses the owners revenue, and reduces the likelihood that this team advances. Also accelerates Zion's departure.
    I'm not convinced Ingram is actually a winning player.

X
    Last edited by Mount_Zion; 04-16-2024 at 09:57 PM.

The Franchise
    Not sure what that means. He's not the best player on a championship team. I wouldn't say he's the second best either. I'd consider him a second tier star. You can win a chip with a Zion/Yannis/Bron tier player as your 1. And 2 Ingram tiered players as support.

But if you trade him, you're not getting two players that can equal him. And you're certainly not getting 2 Ingram tiered stars to come to NO willingly.

The Franchise
    And Zion will be leaving.

Not sure what that means. He's not the best player on a championship team. I wouldn't say he's the second best either. I'd consider him a second tier star. You can win a chip with a Zion/Yannis/Bron tier player as your 1. And 2 Ingram tiered players as support.

But if you trade him, you're not getting two players that can equal him. And you're certainly not getting 2 Ingram tiered stars to come to NO willingly.
    I don't think his on court impact with that max contract will be anywhere close to what he will need to provide to this team. Once that contract is done, the Pels are pretty stuck

The problem is that even in this hypothetical setup you outline, you need two Ingram tiered players to make it work.

If you pay Ingram this contract, you won't be able to afford even a roleplayer, let alone yet another top 75 player.

You can argue that moving Ingram for maybe two strong roleplayers with better fits/contracts will accelerate Zion's departure (which I don't personally agree with, but okay) but I can just as easily say that dooming your entire cap by tying it to something that has already proven not to work will only encourage his departure to a similar extent.

The Franchise
    Well, how many stars play up to the value of their contracts currently? This concern you and the other gentleman have, I get.. But in today's NBA, players of Ingram's caliber are max players. It's really a non issue. There should be two priorities. Keeping Zion, and being in championship contention. Trade Ingram, and you tank both of those priorities. Move on from CJ, and get a few more pieces and you're a contender. Assuming everyone is healthy.

Thread Information