Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Willie, Griff, And Trajan secretly extended in offseason.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

Willie, Griff, And Trajan secretly extended in offseason.

Play in games for life. Yeah starting to agree Zion won’t be here much longer.

And people question why nobody posts here.
    The FO and ownership, just aren't serious about ever being a contender and care more about the uneducated fans who continue to have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And people question why nobody posts here.
    The FO and ownership, just aren't serious about ever being a contender and care more about the uneducated fans who continue to have the wool pulled over their eyes.
    But but but, they led the league in road wins?. But, they have a high rated defense and offense?.But, they beat good teams...even though those teams rarely were full strength?.but, 0-25 when losing going into the 4th doesn?t matter cause they got 49 wins.

Fan base is the reason they don?t win. If the fan base is happy with the sixth seed and never cares if they are even remotely championship contenders, they will continue to squeak by. Life is about expectations. ?. When you raise the bar, it will get rid of the people that can?t touch it. It?s pretty simple. The lower the expectations, the lower the success rate. People will say, this team just isn?t a top team yet, well that?s because nobody ever expects them to be. It?s not about reality. The reality is what it is, because people with low expectations are 90% of the fan base. The salary of the teams players say they should be winning consistently. Three 30 million players. Lol
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 04-16-2024 at 01:19 AM.

And people wonder why our arena is full of Lakers fans . They’re response to that is that they are customers and is long as they buy a ticket and buy our concessions we don’t care. They are giving us money. They are good business people. Can you imagine what the Pelicans players must feel?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    And people wonder why our arena is full of Lakers fans . They?re response to that is that they are customers and is long as they buy a ticket and buy our concessions we don?t care. They are giving us money. They are good business people. Can you imagine what the Pelicans players must feel?
    Yeah, they don?t even try to make a winner . They just want to maintain to sell tickets. As long as ppl will show up with a mediocre product, they will continue to produce one.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Except the other reality is that this team won 49 games in a brutal western conference, the 2nd best record in our history, and several key players showed tremendous growth. On and we did it with a serious hole on the roster at the 5 (which I blame Griffin for..)

I don't disagree that you have to raise the bar and demand better, and that both the coach and GM have to be responsible for our shortcoming this year. But to say that fans supporting one of the team's best seasons EVER are somehow responsible for not being elite is absolute hogwash. I mean it's honestly as absurd an argument as it gets.

So fans are the problem for supporting the team and buying tickets - when we should just walk and way and demand better - but fans are ALSO the problem for supposedly not using their tickets to the Lakers game. Which is it? We support the team too much or not enough?

Also - a ton of fans post on another Pelicans forum. It's crazy active. But I guess those are just "uneducated fans" and the real ones are all here?

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Except the other reality is that this team won 49 games in a brutal western conference, the 2nd best record in our history, and several key players showed tremendous growth. On and we did it with a serious hole on the roster at the 5 (which I blame Griffin for..)

I don't disagree that you have to raise the bar and demand better, and that both the coach and GM have to be responsible for our shortcoming this year. But to say that fans supporting one of the team's best seasons EVER are somehow responsible for not being elite is absolute hogwash. I mean it's honestly as absurd an argument as it gets.

So fans are the problem for supporting the team and buying tickets - when we should just walk and way and demand better - but fans are ALSO the problem for supposedly not using their tickets to the Lakers game. Which is it? We support the team too much or not enough?
    Exhibit A.

Also - a ton of fans post on another Pelicans forum. It's crazy active. But I guess those are just "uneducated fans" and the real ones are all here?
    I read tiger droppings too. Fans are actively discouraged is what I see.

Tickets are cheap tonight . Demand in not high. This morning they were at $15 at one point for a play in game.

Question for you . How many games did we blow in the final minutes of game? See why people are frustrated? You could have at least 54 wins and been a top tier team going into the playoffs. 3 years of PLAYIN GAMES gets old quick. Time to move to the next level or make a change.

Look at what OKC has accomplished in 2 years . Now look at us. See the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Exhibit A.
    Exhibit B.. as to why this forum is a ghost town. Because this board is 98% doom & gloom - dismissive and often downright nasty towards those who show even the slightest bit of optimism and (gasp) even enthusiasm about the team we root for. I can't tell you the number of times I've logged on during a huge win to see a thread with 5 posts, all of which are massively critical.

As I've said in the past, I don't think this roster as it's currently constructed is a a true contender. So yeah, I think the fact that we won the second most games in franchise history despite a gaping hole at center is reason to feel pretty good about the season. If we don't make the playoffs, the season will still be a disappointment despite the 49 wins. And yes, blowing leads has been super frustrating and it's obvious that some changes need to be made. But this record gets us the 3 seed last year. It's not insane to acknowledge the reality of this year's situation, and it's not pulling the wool over your eyes to state the obvious that the team has a ton of young talent that is still learning (ditto the coach) - but has clearly grown this season in a number of ways.

Seems the only way forward for you and others is to fire everyone, blow the team up, and start from scratch. I think that would be beyond stupid.

And I was talking about the pelicans board on SaintsReport.

Let me know when we make the playoffs

Exhibit B.. as to why this forum is a ghost town. Because this board is 98% doom & gloom - dismissive and often downright nasty towards those who show even the slightest bit of optimism and (gasp) even enthusiasm about the team we root for. I can't tell you the number of times I've logged on during a huge win to see a thread with 5 posts, all of which are massively critical.

As I've said in the past, I don't think this roster as it's currently constructed is a a true contender. So yeah, I think the fact that we won the second most games in franchise history despite a gaping hole at center is reason to feel pretty good about the season. If we don't make the playoffs, the season will still be a disappointment despite the 49 wins. And yes, blowing leads has been super frustrating and it's obvious that some changes need to be made. But this record gets us the 3 seed last year. It's not insane to acknowledge the reality of this year's situation, and it's not pulling the wool over your eyes to state the obvious that the team has a ton of young talent that is still learning (ditto the coach) - but has clearly grown this season in a number of ways.

Seems the only way forward for you and others is to fire everyone, blow the team up, and start from scratch. I think that would be beyond stupid.

And I was talking about the pelicans board on SaintsReport.

Well that was an interesting thought. Hooray mediocrity! Pray for Zion!

Well that was an interesting thought. Hooray mediocrity! Pray for Zion!
    Exhibit C. Officially done with this board, congrats for running off another!

The Western conference is tough and there is more talent than ever in the NBA right now. It will always be tough. At the end of the day with the talent we have at our disposal, we fell short. We couldn’t even guarantee a playoff spot. I think Griff took too long to get things right. Green would have been the right appointment if he was hired in Gentry’s final year. He was thrown to the wolves and hasn’t really had enough experience in the league to take on such a talented roster. The only one I can sing the praises of is Langdon. He has found lots of talent and we look legitimately good for the first time since the CP3 years. We just were way too inconsistent and a lot of that falls on Green (who I don’t really blame too much). The organization as a whole has just been run poorly and will probably continue to be run poorly. I hope we have a miracle run because I like the squad we have and the guys on the team. I like Willie. I just think it’s asking too much of a coach like Green who needed more time.

The fans are not the problem. I think optimism is a good thing and I think the organization’s owner is a very sweet human being with the right intentions. It just undeniably falls short every year because of poor decisions.

Exhibit C. Officially done with this board, congrats for running off another!
    Bye. It will be an interesting offseason.

Likely either B.I. or Zion or both are gone next season. Zion's legs could be breaking down. Something that will have to be looked at and a decision will have to be made.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Likely either B.I. or Zion or both are gone next season. Zion's legs could be breaking down. Something that will have to be looked at and a decision will have to be made.
    Zero chance they're both gone.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Zero chance they're both gone.
    So you are not extended Herb then? Bad move

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...brandon-ingram

One NBA executive told The Ringer's Howard Beck that the Pels might have to choose between the oft-injured Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram this offseason.

"New Orleans has to make a decision between Zion [Williamson] and [Brandon] Ingram," said an Eastern Conference exec. "I think that happens this summer."

Williamson, Ingram and C.J. McCollum are all earning more than $33 million per season, and players like Herb Jones, Trey Murphy III and Jordan Hawkins will be among those due for extensions in the future.
    If the Pelicans want to retain those players and avoid the luxury tax, it's no surprise Williamson or Ingram could be made available for trade.

While both players are talented, it's worth wondering how the Pelicans feel about Williamson's future in the Big Easy, in particular, given his injury history.

The Duke product has never played a full season and continues to have issues staying on the court.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    So you are not extended Herb then? Bad move

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...brandon-ingram
    Can you read? Are you literate? I said BOTH. Besides, they could easily keep BOTH if they dumped CJ's contract anyway. Not to mention Herb is already under contract for the next three seasons after this one.
    Last edited by donato; 04-17-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Sounds like Ingram is done here . The decision has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Can you read? Are you literate? I said BOTH. Besides, they could easily keep BOTH if they dumped CJ's contract anyway. Not to mention Herb is already under contract for the next three seasons after this one.
    It?s not that easy

Signed

The Luxury tax

Thread Information