Play in game will be a home

Ok just read Lakers will be 8th seed

Sit all the starters

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount_Zion View Post
    Play in game will be a home
    And they will get rolled the same way.

Fed up I think the Lakers will tank next game to avoid the Nuggets 2nd seed

Bringing BI in, starting, after missing a month and he'd only done 1v1s in practice really threw a spanner in the works, huh? Pacing all off, guys not knowing how to play with each other. All the chemistry that had been building up playing the way we had been recently went down the drain.

Tough to overcome that. Team let themselves down. Inefficient from Zion, lacklustre overall on the boards for most of the team in the first half which is when the lead opened up. Willie relying on Nance even when the matchups don't really call for it continues to be annoying. Defensive intensity we've seen lately just gone (partly because of how it's being called, in fairness).

Refs weren't great but they weren't the deciding factor in this one. Internal problems.
    Basketball.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Well that was f'ing miserable. The cherry on top was being surrounded on all sides by the world's worst Faker fans you could imagine. Seriously, imagine in your head the most stereotypically obnoxious blowhard Laker fan and then multiply it by 200. Then put that person directly behind you during a 2 hour blowout loss. Geaux Pels.

Fed up I think the Lakers will tank next game to avoid the Nuggets 2nd seed
    And risk not making the playoffs at all? I don't think so.

It was really disheartening to see all of the yellow jerseys in the crowd, especially after the season we've had. Maybe NOLA doesn't deserve a team.

Pels haven't earned the fans respect, that's what today told me. Big game and Pels fans can't fill it up.

Lakers want OKC..it's risky, but I'm expecting a tank job vs Pels
    Last edited by Mount_Zion; 04-14-2024 at 06:30 PM.

Pels haven't earned the fans respect, that's what today told me. Big game and Pels fans can't fill it up.

Lakers want OKC..it's risky, but I'm expecting a tank job vs Pels
    what you are talking about? It was totally packed. Of course there were Laker fans, but that was obviously going to be the case especially on a FQF weekend.

Also i'm sorry there's zero chance the Lakers would tank and be forced to beat Golden State to make the playoffs. Not happening.
    Last edited by neworleanshoo; 04-14-2024 at 08:12 PM.

Quote from the reporter who wrote the article - after receiving a mountain of ridicule over his ridiculous suggestion.

Harrison Faigen
    @hmfaigen
    Like I said in the post, there is a 0% chance they do it (at least not intentionally)

Pels are a high school team at home anyway. Lakers probably couldn?t throw the game if they wanted.Unless they sit AD…
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-14-2024 at 10:47 PM.

All-Star
    i think very strange to start a guy after being out with injury. Especially when team on a roll. He was always going to get minutes but straight back into starting lineup I think that was a mistake.

Tanking the play-in game is the funniest thing ive ever heard lol.

After very good road trip They play so bad at home …
    Again … No defence , no heart - pathetic effort.
    BIG disappointed.

It will be the Pels vs Warriors Friday night for the eighth seed.

So disappointing!

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...82067485925394 its making its way to the talk shows
    And he's likewise getting roundly criticized. There is zero chance of it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    And he's likewise getting roundly criticized. There is zero chance of it happening.
    I also think the Lakers have struggled this year against the Warriors and Kings, so no chance would they risk tanking against us.

It?s a disastrous result. I don?t blame the players for losing this specific game. It?s just the culmination of mistakes over the year that have led us to this point. It will be a very difficult road at this point. We have to make it out of the first round, but we made it as difficult as possible. More than it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bringing BI in, starting, after missing a month and he'd only done 1v1s in practice really threw a spanner in the works, huh? Pacing all off, guys not knowing how to play with each other. All the chemistry that had been building up playing the way we had been recently went down the drain.

Tough to overcome that. Team let themselves down. Inefficient from Zion, lacklustre overall on the boards for most of the team in the first half which is when the lead opened up. Willie relying on Nance even when the matchups don't really call for it continues to be annoying. Defensive intensity we've seen lately just gone (partly because of how it's being called, in fairness).

Refs weren't great but they weren't the deciding factor in this one. Internal problems.
    BI absolutely should not have featured big minutes in this one. That is a boneheaded error on the part of our staff. He just got back from a lengthy injury and the team was on a roll.

Thread Information