Pelicans Report

Thread: Bucks vs Pelicans Gameday thread 3/28/2024

Pelicans Bucks vs Pelicans Gameday thread 3/28/2024

Even the Marketing Department gets it . Does Willie? We find out tonight.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It?s insane that he won?t play this guy. One of the most frustrating things I can recall as a Pels fan because it has cost them multiple games playing a 6?7 guy who does nothing well.

We gonna get killed tonight. We don't match up with them at all. Even though we should with the players we have. But the coach will have larry nance guarding brook lopez for no reason.

Basketball Guru
    we all seen ingram carry us into the playoffs and showed out against the suns when zion was out.....

i need to see zion to carry us into the playoffs while ingram is out...it would help if zion had an outside shot to make it easy for himself but i need to see zion carry us.....we just dont need willie handicapping us...

Basketball Guru
    I hope Hawkins gets Jose mins tonight because we are going to need the scoring.....hope Ryan play tonight also

Man what a nice half by JV. Imagine that.

Geez. Larry is beyond terrible. Dude passed up 6 layups in the final three minutes lol. Thank goodness for that W.

Great win! Answered every run they made. We are starting to beat good teams now. I think Zion is finally realizing it needs to be him making it happen in crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Man what a nice half by JV. Imagine that.
    Thats because Willlie is a stubborn Moron.

People will say, why be upset after a W, so I say because the coach is playing a Gleague center in crunch time.

People will say, why be upset after a W, so I say because the coach is playing a Gleague center in crunch time.
    People who don't understand nuance are morons too tbh.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    People who don't understand nuance are morons too tbh.
    I completely agree. It’s why I usually try to explain my thoughts but others just say I’m negative instead of telling me why they are so positive. This isn’t aimed at anyone either, because I know a lot of Pels fans that are just positive and happy for a winner. I want them to be a contender. For example, I want to know why anyone would prefer playing Larry over JV?
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 03-29-2024 at 08:31 AM.

Can’t even describe how massive this win is. Keep it goin boys.

Geez. Larry is beyond terrible. Dude passed up 6 layups in the final three minutes lol. Thank goodness for that W.
    Larry’s fall from grace has really hurt this team. That can’t be denied. He was a real boon when he was playing well.

So what is wrong with Jose? Injury?

We need Ingram back bad. If we had him for the OKC game we likely would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Larry’s fall from grace has really hurt this team. That can’t be denied. He was a real boon when he was playing well.
    I can definitely deny it! Against the Bucks Larry shot 50% from the field, 50% from 3 and was +5. A well-rounded role player game. While I would like more Jonas in most games, Larry fills a necessary role on the team. Most big men don't show great BBIQ, but both Larry and Jonas seem to be in the upper echelon and able to communicate in real time to the team.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    I can definitely deny it! Against the Bucks Larry shot 50% from the field, 50% from 3 and was +5. A well-rounded role player game. While I would like more Jonas in most games, Larry fills a necessary role on the team. Most big men don't show great BBIQ, but both Larry and Jonas seem to be in the upper echelon and able to communicate in real time to the team.
    Good observation and I agree

I'll third this. He's a backup center that can guard the pick and roll much better than Jonas when matchups dictate. Sometimes Willie has a brain fart like the OKC game but that isn't Larry's fault. He's good in his role and its on Willie to get the best guy on the court for the situation.

I really don't think anyone can deny that Willie has been getting better as well as the team. It's a slow process but it appears to be heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah, he is dinged up. Sounds like DD may be back before Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    They said oblique strain. He will likely miss a few games and then its just pain tolerance. As long as it doesn't turn into the dreaded sports hernia...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, he is dinged up. Sounds like DD may be back before Jose.
    I've heard Dyson may be available tomorrow. I mean, he played well in Bham, and then they called him back. If he still needed time, wouldn't they have left him in Bham longer?

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Posted this on another board but I happen to think Willie gets a raw deal because he's caught between a rock and a hard place on this. Nance is athletic but he's a sub-par scorer and defender. JV is big and can score but he his movement is terrible. Playing Zion at 5 hurts our offensive versatility. There's no real answer.

I hope we can replace Nance in the offseason with a starter and JV can be the matchup sub rotational piece. No question we need to upgrade the 5 no matter how you slice it, and we really need someone long and athletic who can finish.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Posted this on another board but I happen to think Willie gets a raw deal because he's caught between a rock and a hard place on this. Nance is athletic but he's a sub-par scorer and defender. JV is big and can score but he his movement is terrible. Playing Zion at 5 hurts our offensive versatility. There's no real answer.

I hope we can replace Nance in the offseason with a starter and JV can be the matchup sub rotational piece. No question we need to upgrade the 5 no matter how you slice it, and we really need someone long and athletic who can finish.
    I think you are spot on. Larry isn?t good to me, but Willie doesn?t have much choice, because the center that fits the role he wants isn?t on the roster. I think he wants someone like Claxton Minimum.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I think you are spot on. Larry isn?t good to me, but Willie doesn?t have much choice, because the center that fits the role he wants isn?t on the roster. I think he wants someone like Claxton Minimum.
    Yes and he's playing Nance because he's a closer fit to what he wants for the position, but he's clearly not the answer. it doesn't currently exist on the roster (and it lowers our ceiling). That's why I have low expectations and prefer to be encouraged when we exceed them

This team isn't a real title contender yet, and many of our players (and our coach) are still young & inexperienced. I'm willing to give them time and try to enjoy the process along the way. But it's clear some hard decisions will need to be made - THIS offseason - to address our glaring weakness at the 5. In the meantime, I hope we avoid the play-in and get as much postseason experience as possible.

Thread Information