Pelicans Report

Thread: Expectations and how you will feel about this season

Expectations and how you will feel about this season

How far do they need to get for you to be happy with this season? For me, I think it will feel like a let down if it isn't second round. At the same time the circumstances matter. Such as losing a game 7 on the road on a last second shot would suck but would certainly feel like progress.

With all that said, where do they need to end up for you to be satisfied?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Second round would be good. Hate to give them a pass because of the Ingram injury, but if need-be, fine. Really happy with Zion's current health/play/improved defense. Trey also looks back so happy about that. Herb has taken things to the next level. Even Willie looks like he has improved. Jordan looks like a good piece going forward. Overall I'd say an A- for this season, but there's still basketball to be played.

Just as intriguing will be what the offseason brings, but we'll have time for that later.

Get past the first round. I’d still say they underachieved if we didn’t make top 3 in our division, but I’d consider it progress and overall a success. We have to build a winning culture. In fairness the NBA is more competitive than it has ever been. There is so much talent in the league right now and most games are not a walk in the park.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Agreed, we need to get out of the first round

Okay, 2 more questions.

Make the second round and lose in a competitive series. Do we run it back next year?

Lose in a competitive first round series, what changes should be made?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Okay, 2 more questions.

Make the second round and lose in a competitive series. Do we run it back next year?

Lose in a competitive first round series, what changes should be made?
    It's probably going to be the same either way I think, Jonas is gone so they have to figure out what to do at the 5 and resign BI.

All year it has been make it out of the 1st round, and i still expect it. my concern is, with our remaining schedule, avoiding the play-in games.

in regards to what changes should be made, not many, for we are improving. perhaps rid of cj mcullum's contract and develop Hawking and Daniels

get one of these guys in the draft

Alexandre Sarr
    Matas Buzelis
    Tyler Smith

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    get one of these guys in the draft

Alexandre Sarr
    Several mocks have him going #1 overall. How exactly do you plan on doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Several mocks have him going #1 overall. How exactly do you plan on doing that?
    Do we still have time to tank?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Here we are in a pivotal game for seeding and we have Larry nance playing the five against the Bucks. Can?t imagine this is anything other than tanking. Lol

Thread Information