Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game 68 - A Trip to the 'Bad Apple'

Game 68 - A Trip to the 'Bad Apple'

I know it's been hit or miss (mostly miss) with regard to game day interest in this forum, but in the event anyone here still cares, here goes....

Tonight begins a four game tour of Eastern Conference teams. We play the Brooklyn (sorry, New Jersey) Nets at the Barclays Center at 6:30 CDT (guys, PLEASE stay out of the subway system). The Nets are currently on the outside looking in as they are in 11th place trailing 10th place Atlanta by four games, so they are in desperation mode if they hope to join the Postseason Party this year.

Anticipated Starting Lineups

Pelicans....

- CJ McCollum
    - Herb Jones
    - Jonas Valanciunas
    - Max 197
    - Brandon Ingram

Nets

- Cam Johnson
    - Mikal Bridges
    - Nic Claxton
    - Dennis Schroder
    - Cam Thomas

Odds

Pelicans: -7.5

DEFENSE!!!! DEFENSE!!! DEFENSE!!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-19-2024 at 07:06 PM.

All-Star
    what happened to this place? Did Pelicanadae leave? this team is looking so good atm they have a killer instinct. no gameday thread???

All-Star
    i did notice the saints report forum is quite active. sad though. Ive been coming here since the hornets days.

I'm still here and get on daily but I never post dring games since I usually watch them on delay. So, I tend to avoid the forum until I finish watching the games. But with that saud the team is looking legit. Half game out of 4th with the tiebreaker over the Clips. A home playoff sereis sounds like progress to me.

All-Star
    very exciting. we just need to stay healthy! Getting dyson back will be important for a playoff series.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    i did notice the saints report forum is quite active. sad though. Ive been coming here since the hornets days.
    This board's irrational rampant negativity drove everyone there. Sounds like I'm kidding but it's the truth. I still prefer this board because I hate change, but it is what it is.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Got to watch the games at 2 am due to living overseas now, so it?s harder for me to post irrational rampant negativity when my eyes are barely open. I still watch though. Every single minute.

Was a good end to end win nonetheless. Need to tighten up to win the next two. Would love to beat Miami.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 03-19-2024 at 11:46 PM.

Another dub. Keep ‘em coming

4 more road wins ties the franchise record with seven to go. That's pretty wild.

All-Star
    ouch difficult timeslot. im usually in australia or indonesia so most games are a good time for me but can be a distraction when "working"

This site used to have dedicated analytical contributors such as McNamara who could generate discussion about the actual basketball being played and bring informed opinions to bear. That takes more time and effort than the occasional venting or even persistent complaining about the obvious.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    This site used to have dedicated analytical contributors such as McNamara who could generate discussion about the actual basketball being played and bring informed opinions to bear. That takes more time and effort than the occasional venting or even persistent complaining about the obvious.
    He used to get major backlash for that and even was called negative. So, I think people here just prefer everyone to say things are going great. Which, was not realistic in seasons prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    He used to get major backlash for that and even was called negative. So, I think people here just prefer everyone to say things are going great. Which, was not realistic in seasons prior.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason this forum is ghost town has nothing to do with negativity. It's the constant unmoderated trolling that runs people off. The forum I visit is 10x more active, is moderated, has both positive and negative takes, and has plenty of healthy discussion (without personal attacks and blatant trolling)

The guy who refuses to call our best player anything but his jersey number or "Max 197" is a great example of pure toxicity and trolling. You can look back to see that any thread that went off the rails when this forum was more active was usually because of that poster. It's a big part of why forum is absolute crickets.

It's unfortunate, because there are/were quite a few guys here who were great contributors to discussion.

Edit: I also don't want to hear anything about McNamara. Most people valued his opinions and analysis. It's when he went into his weird psychology of fandom mode, which was quite frankly unhealthy behavior, that people got annoyed by him.
    Last edited by urboyJD; 03-20-2024 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    The reason this forum is ghost town has nothing to do with negativity. It's the constant unmoderated trolling that runs people off. The forum I visit is 10x more active, is moderated, has both positive and negative takes, and has plenty of healthy discussion (without personal attacks and blatant trolling)

The guy who refuses to call our best player anything but his jersey number or "Max 197" is a great example of pure toxicity and trolling. You can look back to see that any thread that went off the rails when this forum was more active was usually because of that poster. It's a big part of why forum is absolute crickets.

It's unfortunate, because there are/were quite a few guys here who were great contributors to discussion.

Edit: I also don't want to hear anything about McNamara. Most people valued his opinions and analysis. It's when he went into his weird psychology of fandom mode, which was quite frankly unhealthy behavior, that people got annoyed by him.
    That was the case. I think it went beyond normal basketball talk and tended to alienate other posters at times. He tends to jump between message boards until he gets enough arguing and then goes to twitter/X for a while until he gets bored and disappears for a while.

I call our best player 'Herb'.

The guy who i call MAX 197 is a guy who has done absolutely nothing for four years (playing less than 40% of his teams games) to earn that max contract, thus hamstringing the team financially. It's not that difficult to understand. I can't help but wonder, if you were to show up to work less than 40% of the time if your bosses would treat you so generously.

Truth be told, just by your comment alone, I submit that you are toxic and trolling me. But don't worry, nothing will happen. It never does.

PS: The National Media has been far more critical of MAX than AISI has ever been.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-20-2024 at 11:04 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pelicans are half a game back from 4th place...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I had my disagreements with him but he seemed like a good guy and was a fan. I’ll see what I can do to make him return.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    You couldn't pay me to go to Tiger droppings lolz. Saints Report is also good because there's a dark mode which makes reading it far easier on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I had my disagreements with him but he seemed like a good guy and was a fan. I’ll see what I can do to make him return.
    Please don't, he has good takes on basketball but gets bored easily and treats people like garbage, just a toxic personality and the forum is better overall without him. I also find this ironic since people were accusing you of being a dummy account for him. All I can say is lol.

Edited to add: or was is AISI people were saying was Mac? I can't remember. Anyway, better off without his narcissism.

It’s healthy to disagree. It’s good to be informative. Mac was informative at times. He was also a massive ************ that contributed nothing at times. There is always revisionist history when it comes to certain posters. He was very toxic overall and I wouldn’t be bothered if he never came back.

And I get it, the negativity can be overbearing at times. People are emotional. But what is infinitely worse is when people are being confrontational for no reason. This board is dying because it is outdated. Toxicity doesn’t help, but this board has seen it’s time.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

The guy who i call MAX 197 is a guy who has done absolutely nothing for four years (playing less than 40% of his teams games) to earn that max contract, thus hamstringing the team financially. It's not that difficult to understand. I can't help but wonder, if you were to show up to work less than 40% of the time if your bosses would treat you so generously.

Truth be told, just by your comment alone, I submit that you are toxic and trolling me. But don't worry, nothing will happen. It never does.

PS: The National Media has been far more critical of MAX than AISI has ever been.
    Sure. You be yourself. But if you want to know why this place is ghost town, just look in the mirror. It's literally tumbleweeds here. Why? Because no one wants to read your cringe posts.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

So you are Mac's alt account...gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    So you are Mac's alt account...gotcha.
    Very possible. I've been saying it for a long time. He would even interact with himself.
    Last edited by donato; 03-20-2024 at 09:24 PM.

Sure. You be yourself. But if you want to know why this place is ghost town, just look in the mirror. It's literally tumbleweeds here. Why? Because no one wants to read your cringe posts.
    Agree. And once people leave they usually don't come back.

Thread Information