Pelicans Report

Thread: Strength of Schedule

Strength of Schedule

I will be happy if the Pelicans simply stay out of the Play-In Tournament. They have the tenth hardest schedule down the stretch, while Golden State, Dallas and Denver have cupcake schedules. Unless Phoenix (hardest remaining schedule in the league) gets Booker back soon, they are in a heap of trouble and could easily fall into the Play-In (we have two games left with them and they may need those games badly). Also, don't look now, but the Lakers are definitely relevant...not only for a playoff spot, but for a conference title (Russel is playing lights out)

Here is a Strength of Schedule Chart as of today....

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    They will have to find a way to keep Nance and CJs minutes significantly lower. Those two guys are a serious liability. CJ makes shots, but not enough to justify him starting. Larry has no idea what to do on offense. He passes up easy shots all game long. It’s exhausting to watch him catch it with 4 seconds and then pass it to a guard to shoot a much tougher shot. He’s not really an NBA player, and I’m sure some people who can’t see what they are watching will have a different opinion. The truth is this team hates physicality and they will see nothing but that down this stretch. They better put on their work pants instead of their Tutus. Nobody will admit that they lost the lead for the most part yesterday, simply because Philly started to play physical.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 03-09-2024 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    They will have to find a way to keep Nance and CJs minutes significantly lower. Those two guys are a serious liability. CJ makes shots, but not enough to justify him starting. Larry has no idea what to do on offense. He passes up easy shots all game long. It’s exhausting to watch him catch it with 4 seconds and then pass it to a guard to shoot a much tougher shot. He’s not really an NBA player, and I’m sure some people who can’t see what they are watching will have a different opinion. The truth is this team hates physicality and they will see nothing but that down this stretch. They better put on their work pants instead of their Tutus. Nobody will admit that they lost the lead for the most part yesterday, simply because Philly started to play physical.
    Totally agree. Imagine what we would be today if we still had Josh Hart, gotten anything at all for NAW (if not NAW himself), and had those draft picks. I know both CJ and LNJ, have there defenders, but, to me, the further this trade runs out...the worse it looks.

All-Star
    who do we ideally want to play first up in the playoffs? we have been good on the road but home court advantage is essential

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Totally agree. Imagine what we would be today if we still had Josh Hart, gotten anything at all for NAW (if not NAW himself), and had those draft picks. I know both CJ and LNJ, have there defenders, but, to me, the further this trade runs out...the worse it looks.
    That’s how I see it as well. Those two are doing nothing but slowing down the younger players development.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    who do we ideally want to play first up in the playoffs? we have been good on the road but home court advantage is essential
    I would prefer the Clippers. I think the Pels match up well with them.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Also definitely want to move CJ. I fear this front office overly values him and his supposed "leadership". Nance at times looks great or bad also, but is a much less important part and easily moved.

Would rather play the Timberwolves than the Clippers

As long as Trey keeps improving and we keep moving the ball, we will continue to climb. We can reach the playoffs and hit the ground running. Sometimes it’s better to get hot late and have momentum going in. We absolutely need to just get first round home court. That should be our primary target. Get that as quickly as possible then work from there

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    As long as Trey keeps improving and we keep moving the ball, we will continue to climb. We can reach the playoffs and hit the ground running. Sometimes it’s better to get hot late and have momentum going in. We absolutely need to just get first round home court. That should be our primary target. Get that as quickly as possible then work from there
    We have CLE at home on Wednesday. The LAC have MIN at home on Tuesday, then @ CHI on Thursday, then come here for a huge game on Friday. There's a reasonable chance we could enter that contest one game out of the 4th seed. A win would also give us the tiebreaker with the Clippers, as we currently lead the series 2-1. Massive game Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    We have CLE at home on Wednesday. The LAC have MIN at home on Tuesday, then @ CHI on Thursday, then come here for a huge game on Friday. There's a reasonable chance we could enter that contest one game out of the 4th seed. A win would also give us the tiebreaker with the Clippers, as we currently lead the series 2-1. Massive game Friday.
    Yes indeed. Gotta make it count. We can make up for lost results here. Get the dubs, get that home court.

IDK if it's just me but I think we getting lucky with the breaks in the schedule. It seems we always have 2 or 3 days off after a game

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Off topic question:

Will this forum ever get a dark mode? My retinas always scream when i log on here.

This is pretty incredible to even think about.

If you looked up the definition of difference maker you should find a picture of Herb.

Imagine a team with 5 Herb Jones'. Nobody would be able to score on them. lol

Thread Information