Pelicans Report

Thread: February 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 33-22

Pelicans February 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 33-22

Pelicans are back post all-star break to a home game against the 24-30 Rockets.

Don't let records fool you: the Rockets can be a tough out, and have beaten us before this season. We'll get a good look at how the Pels are going to respond after the long lay-off in which almost none of them saw accolades or action.

Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

Does anyone know how this current record compares to other pels teams? This has to be one of the best ever coming out of the break. Top 2 maybe?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Yeah they are usually below 500. I can?t recall a better record at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Does anyone know how this current record compares to other pels teams? This has to be one of the best ever coming out of the break. Top 2 maybe?
    The franchise record was 2007-08, when they were still the Hornets. 36-15 at the break.

2017-2018 they were 31-26. That year they closed on a 17-8 run to finish 48-34.

In both of these seasons they won their first round series.

Refs inserting themselves into the game again. Pels had 5 fouls in the first half. They had 12 in the 3rd quarter alone, and Houston took 20 free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Refs inserting themselves into the game again. Pels had 5 fouls in the first half. They had 12 in the 3rd quarter alone, and Houston took 20 free throws.
    That 3rd qtr was ridiculous

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Effort was great tonight - benefit of rest was obvious. I thought we controlled pretty much every aspect of the game, and in particular we had our way in the paint. Hope Trey can snap out of it but otherwise not much to complain about. Herb was ferocious, CJ's touch was a thing of beauty, Jonas got the best of the Turk, and Zion was dialed in. Gotta keep it up tomorrow.

Great game. My only complaint is the minutes Willie played the starters especially with the game in hand given we have a game tomorrow night. Officiating very inconsistent as well at best, but we still won handily.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Great win. I hate Dillon Brooks.

I applaud the decision to re-insert the starters to maintain the cushion. An extra 10 minutes of rest is not worth the risk of a miracle comeback and a stressful close finish. The goal should be to win every game by at least a dozen. Last night Jose, Larry and Naji were less impactful than they have been, while Herb, Jonas and CJ were very strong. Great coaching in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    The franchise record was 2007-08, when they were still the Hornets. 36-15 at the break.

2017-2018 they were 31-26. That year they closed on a 17-8 run to finish 48-34.

In both of these seasons they won their first round series.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Great win. I hate Dillon Brooks.
    agreed!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Herb Jones 7 steals... Zion did an interview after where it looks like he has a huge man crush on Herb... could not stop smiling and praising Herb

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Great game. My only complaint is the minutes Willie played the starters especially with the game in hand given we have a game tomorrow night. Officiating very inconsistent as well at best, but we still won handily.
    yeah,i was mad about the staters mins myself...maybe it was a rhythm thing for tonight game..

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Herb Jones 7 steals... Zion did an interview after where it looks like he has a huge man crush on Herb... could not stop smiling and praising Herb
    at this point, we all know herb work ethic is way better than zion... so at this point for me,,if watching herb go hard on and off the court is motivating zion, then im all for it...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Aleksej Pokusevski getting waived. Any interest? Statistically his 22-23 numbers showed promise.
    Last edited by donato; 02-23-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Thread Information