Pelicans Report

Thread: February 14th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Washington Wizards - 32-22

Pelicans February 14th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Washington Wizards - 32-22

Will tonight be a fairytale ending or with the Pelicans go home brokenhearted? It's Valentine's Day in the NBA.

We play the Washington Wizards, who are terrible. 9-44 on the season, the Wizards are 28th in the NBA overall and bottom 4 in each category in isolation. They're on a 7 game losing streak, going 3-18 through 2024 thus far, and two of those wins were against Spurs and Pistons, so not exactly statement wins.

This needs to be a game for the Pelicans to continue their momentum. Pelicans are currently the 5th seed and have won 5 of their last 6; this is an opportunity to keep building towards success. A win tonight would give us a 33-22 record; that is, it would put us as .600 on the season and inch us ever closer to a 50 win pace. Remember, the Pelicans haven't won 50 games in a season since 2007-8, and that was the only time it's happened.

There's some potential in the end of the season but it requires us to put away these games against bad teams.

Let's see if the team can do it.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Pathetic.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    whoa, something is wrong. Nobody even attempted to get the rebound on Jose's 3 point attempt, ok fine i guess they wanted to get back on defense. nope, somehow gave up quick basket in transition when everyone was already back on D.

So we might lose to Washington Generals .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jose playing with heart is really fixing the vibe

Dodged one there.

This team needed this all star break. Hopefully they get re energized once they play again on the 22nd, cause these last few games have been so bad despite wins against tanking teams. You just don't want to create bad habits in situations like these.

All-Star
    is it just me or are less ppl commenting here than there used to be? it seems that when we were really bad there was more discussion. its very quiet for a team that is +11 or so over .500

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    is it just me or are less ppl commenting here than there used to be? it seems that when we were really bad there was more discussion. its very quiet for a team that is +11 or so over .500
    I've noticed that as well. I guess people just prefer to complain.

I thought last night the two keys were Zion at the point in the first and fourth quarters, and the energy of Jose and Naji. Naji came in and at least slowed Avdija down a bit, made him work more for his shots. Not often you see a guy break his career high by 18 points.

Not as much to talk about to be fair. Companies don’t call meetings every day when business is running to perfection. It’s just human nature. More to talk about when improving is needed. Very simple concept.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I've noticed that as well. I guess people just prefer to complain.

I thought last night the two keys were Zion at the point in the first and fourth quarters, and the energy of Jose and Naji. Naji came in and at least slowed Avdija down a bit, made him work more for his shots. Not often you see a guy break his career high by 18 points.
    Can’t ignore blowing a 20 point lead to a team with 9 wins is my issue. Also, can’t ignore the fact that we don’t have a rebounding big on the roster that gets minutes. The people that complain probably have higher expectations than the ones that don’t.

All-Star
    it is a simple concept but I dont think sports fans are like a business. The other sports forums I follow all are just as popular after a win (different sport) and yes certainly passionate after a poor performance. its just fun talking after a win and im surprised its so quiet here. just my 2 cents.

it is a simple concept but I dont think sports fans are like a business. The other sports forums I follow all are just as popular after a win (different sport) and yes certainly passionate after a poor performance. its just fun talking after a win and im surprised its so quiet here. just my 2 cents.
    Some only comment on the gameday threads when things are going bad. When they are going well, they do not even visit the thread. It appears to be the "I told you so" mentality.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Kvetching has become the preferred pastime when it comes to sports, so there is some truth to there being less activity after a win. I just scrolled through TD and the amount of vittiol dorected towards Zion is embarrassing. Yeah, the guy is still figuring out the defensive side of the ball, but considering he had something like 36/8/6, you’d think there would be some positive takes. Nah! Personally, as long as we get the W in a game like yesterday, I’m fine. That was a tough stretch travel wise and they only lost to the Lakers. I’ll certainly take it! Too many people think that pro sports are a simulation and that random variables won’t affect a game. It is those people that make post game analysis a miserable exercise

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    This team needed this all star break. Hopefully they get re energized once they play again on the 22nd, cause these last few games have been so bad despite wins against tanking teams. You just don't want to create bad habits in situations like these.
    Hopefully, they address the lack of Hawkins playing. That’s kind of discouraging.

I will say only one thing - 33-22 Guys !!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Some only comment on the gameday threads when things are going bad. When they are going well, they do not even visit the thread. It appears to be the "I told you so" mentality.
    Bingo. I imagine it's driven many away. I rarely come here anymore because it's just a tornado of negativity, often unreasonably vicious. The verdict is in, and our coach is miserable and our team is hopeless. Let's discuss!

Thread Information