Pelicans Report

Thread: February 12th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 31-22

Pelicans February 12th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 31-22

The Grizzlies, who are 18-35, had a brief resurgence around 6-8 weeks ago when Ja Morant had returned and they were riding high on that.

Since then, Morant has been injured, and they've had other injuries since. The Grizzlies are 0-8 in their last 8 games, and only 4-12 over their last 16.

They're not very good right now. This is largely driven by their league-worst offense: they're actually a top 10 defense, but as we've seen, you can't be good defensively and expect that to carry you entirely: your offense has to be at least serviceable. As a result, despite being a top 10 defense, they are a bottom 5 Net Rating on the season.

Let's see if we can take advantage of that - if we win, we'll be 10 games clear of .500 for the first time in what feels like forever but is actually just since last year.
    Basketball.

Last time we were 10 games over .500 was Jan 4th, 2023, the first game after Zion got injured. We were 24-14. Unfortunately, Dyson is now out indefinitely with a meniscus tear. Isn't that what Embiid has? Fortunately, he's only 20 and doesn't weigh 285 lbs, so hopefully his recovery progresses well.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Grizz are nothing without Ja Morant. Side note the announcers just said an interesting stat, Pelicans are last in the league when it comes to winning 1 possession games in the clutch

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    When are we going to see Karlo?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This is catastrophic.

CJ awful again. 4-15. Trey 26 minutes and 9 points. Hawkins has played zero minutes. What are we doing?
    Last edited by donato; 02-12-2024 at 09:22 PM.

4 points in the 4th quarter so far with 3 mins left to play.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Escaped. Sheesh.

Trey Jemison would have been nice.

Pels are so frustrating . Why can't they be more consistent?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    Pels are so frustrating . Why can't they be more consistent?
    No leadership.

Last game Trey scored well. But this is becoming pretty clear he's maybe not just in a slump and can't be counted on. Additionally, he needs space. In the playoffs especially he won't have that luxury. We still have a lot of games, but it might be a good idea to package CJ and Trey (and picks) to get a more consistent difference maker.

Despite the 2 wins against tanking teams in portland and memphis, the way we have played is quite concerning. Why can't we show the same effort like that games against the clippers?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    This team is a top 10 team imo. Probably 10th. Part of the problem is how inconsistent they can be. I am glad they?re winning and I think they?ll probably win 49 or 50 games. I do think we need to give Hawkins minutes. I?m so disappointed about Dyson. We will have to be extra aggressive with rebounding. I also want to see Liddell come into the game soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win is a Win but this 4 quarter was a disaster …

Thread Information