Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: February 10th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - 30-22

So why did we pay a second rounder to get rid of Kira when his salary would have been useful? For that matter, why did we pay 4 second rounders to dump Devonte last season? It's mismanagement of assets.

Gafford is 25 and under contract for two more seasons at a good number. Jonas is 31, not what the Pels want at center, won't stay on the floor in the playoffs and is an expiring contract. Trade Jonas and a pick for him. Heck, trade Jonas for Tyus Jones and solve your back up PG problem with a guy shooting over 40% from the arc. Just don't let Jonas walk for nothing. That's mismanagement...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    So why did we pay a second rounder to get rid of Kira when his salary would have been useful? For that matter, why did we pay 4 second rounders to dump Devonte last season? It's mismanagement of assets.

Gafford is 25 and under contract for two more seasons at a good number. Jonas is 31, not what the Pels want at center, won't stay on the floor in the playoffs and is an expiring contract. Trade Jonas and a pick for him. Heck, trade Jonas for Tyus Jones and solve your back up PG problem with a guy shooting over 40% from the arc. Just don't let Jonas walk for nothing. That's mismanagement...
    Exactly! Moves could have been made to improve this team. The goal should never be just to get the 6th seed. Sounds like absolute non sense. Fans are so used to being bad that they will accept mediocrity from the best Pels roster we have ever had. One or two small moves could have been made to sure up the glaring hole at point guard and backup center. Larry wouldn?t get a minute on most of the contenders.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Can't believe with PJ Washington and Daniel Gafford both available for cheap that we didn't look into one of those guys.
    Never fails

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post

Jonas won't walk. He'll be had for MLE.
    I agree with you, but I don't think Gafford is a big upgrade.

They have the offseaon to add guys where they can sign and trade guys too. Doubt it happens, but its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It's one game from Gafford. Let's see after 5 games if he was worth what they gave up.

Remember the Pels needed to match salaries (Gaffords 12M) so that would mean losing a core piece and not adding Gafford for scraps.
    You consider Nance a core piece?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You consider Nance a core piece?
    Nope.
    Only Dyson, Hawkins, Trey and Herb.
    Couldn't care about the others.

I'm not making those decisions. Griff considers Nance a core piece.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Nope.

I seriously doubt Griff considers Nance, who is 31 years old, under contract one more year, plays 18 minutes a game, a core piece. He may like him more than some other options, but pretty far from a core piece.

Nope.

I don't think so. I would not have minded giving up Nance and a protected 1st or Nance, Liddell and a protected 1st for Gafford.

Thread Information