Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: February 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Clippers - 29-21

Pelicans February 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Clippers - 29-21

Huge game last time out, in which BI had his best 3pt shooting night of the season and had a 40 point outing. CJ also hit well from deep, and there were solid contributions from others too.

Some concerns linger, as Trey's cold streak continues, but altogether we've won our last 3 and are looking pretty good.

Tonight we're on the road, and we're playing the Clippers. Roughly a month ago, the Clippers trashed us badly and it was a horrible look - tonight will be an opportunity to see if the team can get themselves a win back for that. It won't be easy, as the Clippers have been on a run for a little while now, currently sitting as the 1 seed in the West despite a slow start: they are 15-3 in 2024, and only one of those losses was by double digits. They're 3rd in the NBA in offense, 13th in defense, and 3rd overall in net rating.

Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm excited for this game. Even though the Clippers are a championship contending team I feel like we should matchup well against them for the most part. Was surprising to see the Pels blown out last time we faced that team, it seemed like Russ was the difference maker. He pushes the pace with such force, the 2nd unit was not prepared for him to impose his will like that. Interested to see if we are able to adjust to what we saw last time.

I want to see this team take another step. That would require beating a top 4 team from either conference. So far they have not been able to make that happen for since maybe the Wolves a while ago. (Don't quote me on that.) In any case, its been a good while since they beat a top team. Tonight would be a good time to start. Maybe Willie will finally figure out that he doesnt need to bench Hawk or Jose and instead he give them each some early minutes. Then ride the hot hand.

Basketball Guru
    herb setting the tone on harden....i hope we keep posting herb up on harden...

Hopefully he just got wind knocked out

Basketball Guru
    just like the last game against them..they doubling ingram and we dont have a plan b for it...

Impressive so far

Basketball Guru
    trey getting hot..

Trey Murphy picked a good game to get to his old sharp shooting ways! Also like that Jose baited Westbrook into a charge, thats a good way to use his speed and power against him

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Hopefully he just got wind knocked out
    Looked more like he got his bell rung...

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    the vast majority of this board can't be happy about this showing so far. But never fear, they can still blow it and all will be well with PelsReportWorld.

Now clippers are flopping

The NBA has called in during the commercial. Informed officials we can’t win this game. At least that is what it seems

Great hustle from Herb to run the court and get back on defense stopping a wide open fastbreak layup from Paul George!

Surely we won’t blow this lead ? Right?

We need halftime now

CJ can be a liability at times

Please don’t get Detroit Lions stupid

Classic Pels when having a lead. Couple stupid plays before the break to let them get back and then they will get stomped after the break... How many double digit leads did we lose this season?

Basketball Guru
    the last 3mins, we just didnt know what to do on both ends..

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Classic Pels when having a lead. Couple stupid plays before the break to let them get back and then they will get stomped after the break... How many double digit leads did we lose this season?
    I mean what is wrong with you, seriously. this board is freaking miserable, it's no wonder there's so little traffic

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Please don’t get Detroit Lions stupid
    lmao...

Ingram needs to shoot when he gets a good look. Passing is great but scoring is better. Passing off to guys who miss buckets are not going to win this

Have to watch and see if JV is ok. I thought someone landed on his foot, but then I saw on Twitter that he went to the locker room with some sort of knee injury.

Last edited by RobertM320; 02-07-2024 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I mean what is wrong with you, seriously. this board is freaking miserable, it's no wonder there's so little traffic
    Lets talk in hour and a half.

Thread Information