Pelicans Report

Thread: January 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 26-21

Pelicans January 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 26-21

Pelicans currently on a skid as they emerge from one of the roughest sections of the schedule so far this year.

The upcoming stretch is much more forgiving (next 10 games include Toronto, Spurs, Wizards, and Blazers for example) but it does take place mostly on the road. That presents its own difficulty.

Time for the Pelicans to really show if they can bounce back. Road games suck, but they need them now. Let's see what they can do.
    Basketball.

Coach we have VS coach we need. I wouldn't bet on the Pelicans tonight. We already lost 2 close games to them, is it time for 3rd? We already lost 2 double-digit leads to them, is it time for 3rd? Only time will tell.

Every time I put money on this team Zion sits out. Now I have to rely on Willie's coaching.

It's time to trade Zion. He will never be healthy enough to finish out a session

Hall of Famer
    One word

LOSS

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Coach we have VS coach we need. I wouldn't bet on the Pelicans tonight. We already lost 2 close games to them, is it time for 3rd? We already lost 2 double-digit leads to them, is it time for 3rd? Only time will tell.
    you talked me out of it......was going to make some side bets because zion is out and the team will not have him to force the ball to...

i did bet hawkins making 3+ three pointers....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Dyson on pace for 40 points.

Basketball Guru
    i should have went with cj hitting five 3s...

CJ hot early. Not uncommon. Should probably sit him the rest of the game. Chucking incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Dyson on pace for 40 points.
    Yup 40 pts , For the YEAR

Basketball Guru
    jonas plus shooters are killing the rockets... then here come trey with the dumb long 3pt miss to kill the drive....

Up by 7 at half. Outrebounding them 25-13, but we're being killed by turnovers. We've made 11, they've made 2. Cant win like that.

15-0 run by the Pels to start the 4th. Rockets get their first points of the quarter at the 6:07 mark.

The Franchise
    Surprise......Zion was out again today. Isn't this becoming a common theme now......one game on and two games off for Zion. The dude should only be paid a 1/3 of his salary.

Jose had a better +/- than CJ. According to hornetsrebirth that means Jose is a better player.

In any case, good win.

Beat the Rockets for a change.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Needed W.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    Surprise......Zion was out again today. Isn't this becoming a common theme now......one game on and two games off for Zion. The dude should only be paid a 1/3 of his salary.
    Better for him to be out one game at the time during the season, then miss 4 straight months.

Didn't watch the game, have to rewatch it before i comment anything. From the boxscore i see that we killed them on the boards and that trey is still struggling.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I missed the game but looking at the box score it would seem the biggest factor was Jonas winning the matchup against Sengun. Sengun is a beast, and Jonas outscored him by a large amount while also out rebounding him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Jose had a better +/- than CJ. According to hornetsrebirth that means Jose is a better player.

In any case, good win.
    No clue what you mean by this. I do want to see Jose get his 10-15 minutes, and it looks like he helped the team win.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I missed the game but looking at the box score it would seem the biggest factor was Jonas winning the matchup against Sengun. Sengun is a beast, and Jonas outscored him by a large amount while also out rebounding him.
    it helped that willie had all shooters around jonas so he could go one on one....i think jonas took this one personal..

Nice win guys !

That's the Zion I wanted to see.

Amazing win!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    That's the Zion I wanted to see.

Amazing win!
    Lolz

Thread Information