Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 25-18

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It’s either me or AISI, but I don’t really type paragraphs so I eliminated myself. But, I had to look over my posts recently, and I haven’t been that toxic. Definitely been more accepting of Willie. . To be fair, not as much to post about when they score 153, other than saying they shot the leather off the ball.
    Some are negative.
    Some are positive and some are realists.

I'm in-between negative and a realist.

Maybe I just expect more from a team I have followed since 1993. I've had fun teams. I want contender.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I think the negatives are just Michael McNamara posting under different usernames. I'm just being a realist here.

This is just the way the NBA is going. You have to balance the floor. The biggest issue with the game right now (that affects us very directly) is you cannot put the game in the hand of the officials. It?s the unfortunate truth that they favor certain players and will let absurd amounts of contact go because they can’t go over their ?quota.? By opening up the floor with spacing, we make it easier for our guys to get easier buckets. When you have THIS many offensive weapons, it shouldn?t really run through any one player unless they are the only weapon on the floor.

And let?s look at the way this roster is built. You have a great shooter in CJ. You have great shooters in Trey and Hawk. Herb is getting much better at his 3 point game. Even the supposed non shooters on this team can hit the 3 ball (Jose, Naji in the corner). BI is certainly capable of making them and it?s just getting over the mental hurdle for him. Zion can make them when he bothers to take them. Jonas is capable of making them. The fact is, we can make the jump. We can have a triple threat game (Hawk, Ingram and CJ are essentially 3 level) Zion and Jonas are huge interior threats and we have tons of capable 3 point shooters. I?ll be honest we should be the best offensive team in the league by a country mile. We can reach that with the right tweaks.

Point Zion while he's in the game needs to be utilized. He's not getting many rebounds anyway haha. He is more than happy to defer to others and does a great job of finding guys. Open shots for others will be there, and if he sees an opening he can take it himself.

Herb Jones is now at 39.6% from 3 on 3.4 shots per game on the season. Amazing increase. Let's see if he can slightly increase his quantity (and stop stepping on the line, which he's already greatly reduced). Interestingly, Jose Alvarado is also at 39.6% from 3 on 3.4 shots per game!
    Last edited by donato; 01-24-2024 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I think the negatives are just Michael McNamara posting under different usernames. I'm just being a realist here.
    I wouldn't say he's negative. He just rubs up people the wrong way at times, but he knows what he's talking about

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Herb Jones is now at 39.6% from 3 on 3.4 shots per game on the season. Amazing increase. Let's see if he can slightly increase his quantity (and stop stepping on the line, which he's already greatly reduced). Interestingly, Jose Alvarado is also at 39.6% from 3 on 3.4 shots per game!
    Man if Herb can keep hitting those corner threes, the Pelicans are a serious problem for the league

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Some are negative.

Maybe I just expect more from a team I have followed since 1993. I've had fun teams. I want contender.
    If the only think that will make you happy is a clear cut championship, you may be miserable for a while. And then when you actually get there, you will have missed the fun times in getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It?s either me or AISI, but I don?t really type paragraphs so I eliminated myself. But, I had to look over my posts recently, and I haven?t been that toxic. Definitely been more accepting of Willie. . To be fair, not as much to post about when they score 153, other than saying they shot the leather off the ball.
    It's not you. You know who it is. Homie spams game-threads that we lose in in a manner in which he just basically asks AI to re-work his already written BS about 15 different ways and then adds "Defense, defense, defense" as a signature to each post. Super cringe.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Some are negative.

That’s exactly how I feel. I get giddy when they are good and really down when they are bad. The one thing that remains consistent is I hate losing to these super teams and until they stop doing that with their own so called big three, I will be bitter. Lol

I wouldn't say he's negative. He just rubs up people the wrong way at times, but he knows what he's talking about
    Remember that time he was the one arguing that Kira Lewis was a top 10 pick in that draft?

Yeah, he's never wrong.

Edit: just went back and checked, he also had LaMelo 27th in that same draft and Anthony Edwards below Killian Hayes.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 01-24-2024 at 05:02 PM.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Man if Herb can keep hitting those corner threes, the Pelicans are a serious problem for the league
    It's not even corner threes in general.

Herb is shooting below league average from the left corner.

He's just shooting 65% from the right corner. It's the right corner and the left wing, those are the only spots he's shooting well from 3, but he's blistering from there.

Here's his shot chart:

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

He's just shooting 65% from the right corner. It's the right corner and the left wing, those are the only spots he's shooting well from 3, but he's blistering from there.

Here's his shot chart:

How odd. Well... whatever works! He sure does look good in that spot

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If the only think that will make you happy is a clear cut championship, you may be miserable for a while. And then when you actually get there, you will have missed the fun times in getting there.
    LOL since 1993 I have been more miserable...

Remember that time he was the one arguing that Kira Lewis was a top 10 pick in that draft?

Yeah, he's never wrong.

Edit: just went back and checked, he also had LaMelo 27th in that same draft and Anthony Edwards below Killian Hayes.
    No. I don't really get involved in hypotheticals prior to the draft.
    Sometimes it comes down to opportinity.
    If Lewis didn't get injured or went to a team that had more playing time, would he have been as bad?

Maybe, but maybe not.

Does Maxey beome the playey he is if he went to the Pels over Philly?

Here's his shot chart:

Quite weird that he is so good from the right for a left handed player.

Quite weird that he is so good from the right for a left handed player.
    Was going to say the same thing. I'm left handed myself, and its just more natural from the left corner than the right corner.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Was going to say the same thing. I'm left handed myself, and its just more natural from the left corner than the right corner.
    Yeah I don't have a left hand as I shoot most of my shots from the right, so yes it is quite strange.

Superb TEAM WiN! That’s how You win regular season games at home !

LOL since 1993 I have been more miserable...
    Might wanna pick a new team.

Thread Information