Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 25-18

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    CJ has been a comically good shooter this year
    Must feel nice to have that shooting hand and shoulder back to health

Denver didn?t win because of 3pt shooting they won because of quality looks and size
    The bucks didn?t win because of 3 pt shooting they won because of defense and size
    Golden state is the only team that has won championships based on there 3pt shooting
    Prove me wrong ?

its got to be a season high of lobs attempted this game. Maybe from those extra practices during the time off. Keep it up fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Denver didn?t win because of 3pt shooting they won because of quality looks and size
    The bucks didn?t win because of 3 pt shooting they won because of defense and size
    Golden state is the only team that has won championships based on there 3pt shooting
    Prove me wrong ?
    If Golden State is the only team that has won championships based on 3pt shooting, then that's a pretty good endorsement for 3pt shooting in the playoffs given that they've won 4 of them in the last decade.

Also, Denver were a top 5 3pt% team in last years playoffs. So were the Heat, who made the finals. And so were both of the finalists the year before that.

Turns out 3pt shooting is not the only important thing in the playoffs, but it does help to be good at it. Acting like it's just completely unworkable in the playoffs is ridiculous.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    its got to be a season high of lobs attempted this game. Maybe from those extra practices during the time off. Keep it up fellas!
    This is a bloodbath.

Making up for those losses to the Jazz earlier in the year.

Franchise record in points scored!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Franchise record in points scored!
    And with 22 made 3s in a game where Trey went 2/10 from deep.

How crushing for Utah to somehow lose a game where you scored 124 points by 30.

You got great points but how many Steph’s and klays and Durants in the nba those are hall of famers
    I’m not saying it’s not important but when people say we need to trade Brandon because he don’t shoot them or people say Zion needs to shoot atleast 2 a game like that’s the only way to be a winner I disagree a team playing together passing the ball taking quality shots playing defense in more important to me I’m sure majority of those teams had top defenses as well

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    When we score a franchise high, there sure are fewer posts. Amazing how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    When we score a franchise high, there sure are fewer posts. Amazing how that works.
    Every time we win. Like clockwork. A certain someone will swear they post in every gameday thread win or lose....

Must be my eyes though, because I only see them spam cringe stuff in the game threads we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    Every time we win. Like clockwork. A certain someone will swear they post in every gameday thread win or lose....

Must be my eyes though, because I only see them spam cringe stuff in the game threads we lose.
    13-3?

CJ has been so amazing this season. Love his shot diet especially.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post

What a great game. I'm sure certain posters will still say that it was our defense that held Utah to ....... 124 points? That's not the kind of defense that wisn many games. Now the offense, on the other hand .... If you could score 150 every game, I doubt you'd lose many.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    13-3?
    No. The toxic one who regurgitates the same paragraphs across 15 different posts in every game thread that we end up losing.

I've seen enough. Time to blow it up. Its obvious Willie has lost the team and we need more alphas. I mean, it like the first or second best record ever for the franchise at this point and they scored a franchise record in points. Obviously, changes need to be made. More defense is definitely needed.

Zion had only 3 rebounds.... but its not his fault that we don't freaggin miss

Isn't it? Sad

I'll bet AISI HATED this game and stayed away. 150+

SCORING, SHOOTING SCORING , SHOOTING SCORING SHOOTING Wins everytime

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Zion had only 3 rebounds.... but its not his fault that we don't freaggin miss
    There are defensive rebounds to grab also.
    Great shooting night(outside Trey, i think he is struggling to find his rythm last couple of weeks, more then half of his shots are just not good shots, even for him).

Now comes the though stretch of games. I dont expect us to win a lot of these games but we need to start playing good in close games. Winning by 70 against Utah doesn't mean anything if we are going to lose next close game again. I still think Willie is not the coach for this team because he is players coach and we need a almost Europien type of coach who will hold player accountable for everything. Some people are here to watch us play one playoff series, i'm here to watch us win a championship, that is why i look into things that great teams do and we don't and i don't get blindsided by hot shooting nights. We have the talent, we don't have the will and we dont have the knowledge. Knowledge comes with learning and time, but will comes only if someone(or yourself) can wake it up from you and for some guys it never happens. I hope im wrong, but i'm pretty sure i am right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Great shooting night(outside Trey, i think he is struggling to find his rythm last couple of weeks, more then half of his shots are just not good shots, even for him).

Now comes the though stretch of games. I dont expect us to win a lot of these games but we need to start playing good in close games. Winning by 70 against Utah doesn't mean anything if we are going to lose next close game again. I still think Willie is not the coach for this team because he is players coach and we need a almost Europien type of coach who will hold player accountable for everything. Some people are here to watch us play one playoff series, i'm here to watch us win a championship, that is why i look into things that great teams do and we don't and i don't get blindsided by hot shooting nights. We have the talent, we don't have the will and we dont have the knowledge. Knowledge comes with learning and time, but will comes only if someone(or yourself) can wake it up from you and for some guys it never happens. I hope im wrong, but i'm pretty sure i am right.
    Don't say anything negative after a win it's frowned apon.
    Let's see against OKC if they "just had a bad shooting night" happens

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Hope it’s not fools gold. Every time I buy in like last year they implode.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 01-24-2024 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post

Spot on bro. Aspirations should always be a championship. You have to hope they are looking to build around Willie at this point. He seems to understand what needs to be done. He had a great post game press conference after the Suns game. I don’t really think the Starters are “Willie” guys outside of Herb, so he has been frustrated watching them play defense.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 01-24-2024 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    13-3?
    It’s either me or AISI, but I don’t really type paragraphs so I eliminated myself. But, I had to look over my posts recently, and I haven’t been that toxic. Definitely been more accepting of Willie. . To be fair, not as much to post about when they score 153, other than saying they shot the leather off the ball.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 01-24-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Thread Information