Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: January 17th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets - 24-17

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Man, that's only BI's 3rd career triple double? He's like 6 '10 and has a crazy long wingspan. His passing does look much better this year though. I can see more in his future if they play this Borrego ball movement offense where every bucket is off of an assist. Fun to watch everybody moving the ball.

We gotta improve offensive rebounding though. That was atrocious seeing them multiple times getting 3 chances on one trip down the court.

Happy for BI. He NEEDED that. Been rough for him lately. Glad we actually used our shooters tonight too.

And let me say this. When you have this many stars, sometimes they forget that one guy that will make you pay for not taking them seriously. Other teams can only cover so many guys so sometimes you have to rely on that other option. Hawk is a legit scorer. Teams will learn it sooner rather than later.

I just watched first half, i think we played like high school basketball team. Running all over the floor, no organized plays and no defense. Allowed quite a few offensive rebounds also. And what i need to notice, Trey is taking some duuumb shoots lately, not sure if his shot quality in 2nd half was better, but first was questionable to say the least. If we play like this(i repeat, i watched only 1st half) against Suns they will destroy us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I just watched first half, i think we played like high school basketball team. Running all over the floor, no organized plays and no defense. Allowed quite a few offensive rebounds also. And what i need to notice, Trey is taking some duuumb shoots lately, not sure if his shot quality in 2nd half was better, but first was questionable to say the least. If we play like this(i repeat, i watched only 1st half) against Suns they will destroy us.
    I agree; the first half was awful. And you are right; 3M3 is not playing like this is a contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Tim Hardeway Jr currently 0-7 from three tonight, 12pts total. Kyrie 0-3 from three so far, 9 points. Dallas trailing Lakers by 17, late in the 3rd.
    But of course.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Love to see BI break out of his slump, it was only a couple of weeks. He's too good to be down for long, but the fact that he did it from behind the arc makes it special. Trey and Jordan both with double digit 3 point attempts is a recipe for success

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Love to see BI break out of his slump, it was only a couple of weeks. He's too good to be down for long, but the fact that he did it from behind the arc makes it special. Trey and Jordan both with double digit 3 point attempts is a recipe for success
    BI was 1 of 8 on2-point shots which are normally his bread and butter. I don't understand it, but I would not say he is out of his slump until he gets closer to 60% on his mid-range and shows a bit more concentration on the defensive end....

Thread Information