Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 24-16

Pelicans January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 24-16

I got you Dae!

Let's just do what we did the other night and get out with another W.

Please Willie, play Hawkins more.

Thanks,
    The fanbase.

Back to the regular starters well.

There is only one thing Willie should do today. Get into locker room and yell as hard as he can: "ITS A TRAAAAAAAAAAAAP GAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOOOOYS"!!!

We need to play 100%, it is easy to lose games in NBA nowdays since there is so much talent. Our bench guys won us one game, lets not throw that away today. If we lose i would blame it on coaching. If we go out flat in first 5 minutes i would bench everyone untill halftime and then let them try at the start of the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I got you Dae!

Let's just do what we did the other night and get out with another W.

Please Willie, play Hawkins more.

Thanks,
    The fanbase.
    I completely missed how early this game starts today. They normally start at midnight or later here, and it's not even 8pm yet. My bad! Thanks PB
    Basketball.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but sometimes our starting lineup has trouble scoring.

Lively killing us on the boards. Scoring is bad right now, but BI had 2 ok shots which normaly go in. Have to pick up intesity. Its a TRAP game.

Full team yet struggling to score....

Yep, its just that type of game...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Not ready to play today and walking into sets is what does this.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    BI shooting with no legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    BI shooting with no legs.
    He's struggling badly right now. It's a shame to see because he's been pretty good lately. Hope he can shake it off before the game is completely lost.

No energy and no hustle so far on top with the ongoing struggle on offense

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Abysmal start but we're starting to fight back. Just need to stay within range.

Our energy is awfull, where is Jose?

Why do the players hate Hawkins? Dude been in for 5 minutes and the only time he touched the ball was shooting free throws on an off ball foul. They refuse to even look at him!

why is zion letting that ball and dyson has to jump? wtf?

3-17 from the field, 6 offensive rebounds for the Mavs. We are lucky they made some stupid fouls, otherwise it could be even worse. This is typical Pels game to float around that play-in spot before injury strikes. I'm out, cant watch this ********.

Good start on the 2nd quarter and we finally see a different bounce from the team

Halftime and it's all tied up at 59-59. Good response from the Pels after a super lacklustre first

Just keep that same energy.

What is with Trey lately. Over the last 5 games, he is shooting about 31% from 3. Very unlike him. Hope he catches fire in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What is with Trey lately. Over the last 5 games, he is shooting about 31% from 3. Very unlike him. Hope he catches fire in the 2nd half.
    Because he is only taking though shots. His normal shot is now 4 feet behind the line and he is not getting easy ones to get hot.

I hope we start strong 2nd half, i don't want to get into close game against kyrie(see Memphis games with Ja as an example what will happen).

We need more Naji and Jose instead of Dyson. Dyson and Herb together doesn't make sense this game.

Seems to me that GTA has fallen down the pecking order and rightfully so. Love Jose's heart, but his size scares me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Seems to me that GTA has fallen down the pecking order and rightfully so. Love Jose's heart, but his size scares me to death.
    Kyrie is killing us, i would at least try him for 2 minutes to try to get into his head.

Jones and Dyson on the floor at the same time, neither are money with the 3 ball, this is when I would put Hawkins out there or Trey. One of them needs to be there for scoring.

edit: They put Hawk and Trey in right after I posted. Both , Its feast or famine
    Last edited by Pierre Pelican; 01-15-2024 at 03:30 PM.

3 team fouls not even 10 min mark...

change that, 4th team foul not even 10 min mark..

Thread Information