Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 13th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 23-16

I don't know who's feeding Joel the stats, but Hawk's high is 31 points against Denver in early November.

Maybe the plan all along was to not play Hawkins at all last night because Willie knew we'd have to use him heavily tonight? I know that's probably giving Willie too much credit.....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jose with back 2 back threes and then an alley oop to Nance! Love seeing the lobs

All-Star
    thanks for your service naji

Irving has played almost 31 minutes already.

All-Star
    this club has to free up hawkins for more minutes. type of guy that gets bums on seats. what an exciting player.

Jonas is balling! Boxing out, diving to the floor for a loose ball, finding a great pass and the running down the floor to get back on defense. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Jonas is balling! Boxing out, diving to the floor for a loose ball, finding a great pass and the running down the floor to get back on defense. Damn!
    Did I read....

"DEFENSE"?

Man if yall can watch this game and think the Pelicans need a center, I just dont know what you are looking at

I honestly slept through this entire game, just woke up and looked at the box score and lmao

No Zion, BI, Trey, or CJ and Hawk is just like, fine I'll do it myself.

Shout out Jonas for the near triple double
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Did I read....

"DEFENSE"?
    yeah its part of the game. just because nobody else obsessively repeatedly beats a dead horse about it every single post and discounts the importance of shooting, doesnt mean we dont want people to play on the defensive side of the ball.

Something Hawk did that made me so happy is he passed up the glory and opted to run the clock out multiple times towards the end. He easily could have tried to extend his scoring record but he did the mature thing and we put the game to bed. Stoked for him. Great game

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Great job. It all worked out even if it did seem pretty moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    yeah its part of the game. just because nobody else obsessively repeatedly beats a dead horse about it every single post and discounts the importance of shooting, doesnt mean we dont want people to play on the defensive side of the ball.
    LOLOLOLOL

Willie, play the rookie regularly.

It is impressive that the Pelicans were able to win without Zion, BI, CJ, and Trey. It was a good team effort with 7 guys in double figures, but obviously the story is Hawkins career high... he's going to be stealing minutes from guys starting right now.

Irving and Hardaway played 40+ and 39+ respectively; Monday's game can't come fast enough.

Irving and Hardeway are better than anyone we had available to play today, and we still dug deep and ground out a victory. Great win.

Even Dyson filling up the stat box -- 10 pts, 6 reb, 7 asts.

At halftime we were only shooting about 42%, 28.6% from three, we ended the game at 49.4% and 40% from three.

I don't know how Willie can keep Hawk out of the game like last night against the Nuggets. We could have used those 3's in that game. Man is a scoring machine.

We sent this guy to the G-League. He's had games like this before that happened, let that sink in.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Games like this make you think maybe we should sell high on Trey and sell on Zion too. You could get an awful lot with those two I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    We sent this guy to the G-League. He's had games like this before that happened, let that sink in.
    Have you considered that he may have benefited from his time in the G League and its helped his development

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Games like this make you think maybe we should sell high on Trey and sell on Zion too. You could get an awful lot with those two I'd think.
    Naw keep Trey

Thread Information