Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 12th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 23-15

It is my fault for thinking Zion was going to be the next Lebron.

I legit thought this at one time when we drafted him

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Give me Hawkins. its a 15 point game with 4 min to go we can bomb some threes and be within distance

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post

It's pretty hard to think any rookie coming in will be the 2nd best player of all time. That's ridiculous. He's been slightly disappointing for sure. But still productive and it's not over.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Trey Murphy has 6 points in 24 minutes. Is he a scorer?
    Love him, but buddy cannot create his own shot.

And when he drives to the rim, it looks silly as fudge.

This is not one of his better games and he still has 28 points, 5 assist, 6 rebounds. He's like the only reason this game is as close as it is.

edit, make that 30 points and counting, 18 in the 4th quarter
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 01-12-2024 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    This is not one of his better games and he still has 28 points, 5 assist, 6 rebounds. He's like the only reason this game is as close as it is.
    It?s not the points

Is the difference or lack of difference in regards to impact on the game

I don?t know how to word it, but I feel like prime LeBron, with the same amount of points scored on this team would have resulted in a different scoring game right now

Trey and BI putting up brick on top brick

It’s not the points

He impacted the game. We need someone besides him to play well.

Good coaching by the Denver coach, he is all over his team for not closing the game well

It?s not the points

I don?t know how to word it, but I feel like prime LeBron, with the same amount of points scored on this team would have resulted in a different scoring game right now
    Again, you're comparing him to the second best player of all time. That's ridiculous. Your expectations were way, way too high realistically.

Jordan Hawkins should ask for a trade. He's better than everybody coming off the bench not named Trey

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Jordan Hawkins should ask for a trade. He's better than everybody coming off the bench not named Trey
    Reel it in lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    LMAO!!! You know how silly you sound?

You humor me, Pistol.

Ask BI if Denver plays good defense.

Remember, it's....

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!
    Do you know how dated and out of touch you sound??? You STILL think that a missed WIDE OPEN shot is the other team playing good defense, It's just POOR SHOOTNG
    SHOOTING SHOOTING SHOOTING

And BI will say that he needed to make shots, he has before
    SHOOTING SHOOTING SHOOTING

DD is a wasted #6 pick Can't make 2 FT,
    But oh wait he missed them because Denver played great defense SMH

Zion and Larry were the only ones who made their presence felt. JV was understandably overmatched, CJ didnt put his stamp on the game, the Nuggets are too tall for Jose, Hawkins didnt get an opportunity. But above all, we simply cannot expect to win if Trey and BI are going to have 15 points combined with +60 minutes on the floor.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 01-12-2024 at 11:43 PM.

All-Star
    Dyson is not a wasted pick 6.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    It's pretty hard to think any rookie coming in will be the 2nd best player of all time. That's ridiculous. He's been slightly disappointing for sure. But still productive and it's not over.
    The entire social media hyped him up to be the next LeBron.

Let’s get off of our high horse.

This is team is good.

But, I can’t believe anyone who says this team is actually a championship caliber team.

They are missing 2 pieces.

I can’t quite but my finger on it.

But, it’s looks a PG + C

I'm not mad about this loss. These are games we are expected to lose. If we win, its nice, if we lose move on to the next one.
    I'm just mad about the fact that no1 in our FO or coaching staff didn't realize that tomorrows game is much more important than this one. We should have rested at least Zion and probably Ingram too. I don't care about the fine it's smart decision.
    Now we are either going without one of our best players into important matchup tomorrow, or risking big injury. I would rather do the first one considering our luck with injuries. I hope they don't test it, we all know how will it end up.

Mavs are without Luka and it should be a must win game, but considering that we are on b2b and on the road and that we didn't rest any guys tonight, i don't like our chances...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I'm not mad about this loss. These are games we are expected to lose. If we win, its nice, if we lose move on to the next one.
    I'm just mad about the fact that no1 in our FO or coaching staff didn't realize that tomorrows game is much more important than this one. We should have rested at least Zion and probably Ingram too. I don't care about the fine it's smart decision.
    Now we are either going without one of our best players into important matchup tomorrow, or risking big injury. I would rather do the first one considering our luck with injuries. I hope they don't test it, we all know how will it end up.

Mavs are without Luka and it should be a must win game, but considering that we are on b2b and on the road and that we didn't rest any guys tonight, i don't like our chances...
    To be fair, they pretty much rested. Definitely didn’t put in full effort.

We had to lose some time. Take care of the next one. No skids

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post

Then again, are division games really that important any more? Its not like in the past, where winning the division guaranteed you a 4 seed. If you lose the division by a game, chances are you're going to be right behind the division winner in the seeding anyway. They kind of killed the whole purpose of divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    Dyson is not a wasted pick 6.
    I get it he's a fellow Aussie, but he can't shoot, he's a liability on offense teams don't guard him and are able to cheat on other players. He has to learn to shoot before I say he's not a wasted pick

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    DD is a wasted #6 pick Can't make 2 FT,
    But oh wait he missed them because Denver played great defense SMH
    Just to set you str8....

He was the 8th pick of the 22 Draft, not the 6th.

Always happy to help you out.

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

Thread Information