Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: January 10th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 22-15

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Willie better not apologize for this
    He might lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We've been a top 10 defense since November 13th lmao
    In fact, just checked this.

According to NBA.com, since Nov 14th (that is, post ''team meeting'') the Pels have a DRtg of 110.5, which is the best in the NBA in that span. Wolves have been 2nd with a DRtg of 110.8.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Sorry Naji...
    i notice this game naji was not off the bench early...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Naji is playing hard in garbage time like he knows his minutes are at risk lol

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i notice this game naji was not off the bench early...
    yeah it seemed like Naji was having some off games lately. They went with Hawkins instead and that firepower was overwhelming. With those results it does seem like Hawkins is going to have to get the first look and Naji can come in later depending on how it goes

8 players in double figures tonight, 57.4% from the field, 47.5% from 3 on 19-40.

Pels since Christmas:

- MEM: -1 loss
    - UTA: +7 win
    - LAL: +20 win
    - BRK: +27 win
    - MIN: +11 win
    - LAC: -16 loss
    - SAC: +33 win
    - GSW: +36 win

According to NBA.com, since Nov 14th (that is, post ''team meeting'') the Pels have a DRtg of 110.5, which is the best in the NBA in that span. Wolves have been 2nd with a DRtg of 110.8.
    Say it again, dae!!!

11-4 since the loss to the Lakers in Vegas.

This stretch of 15 games may collectively be the best this franchise has ever performed.

Of the 11 wins, 9 have been by double digits, 7 have been by 19+.

Of the 4 losses, 3 have been by a total of 5 points.

Its not unconceivable that we could easily have been 14-1 in this stretch, with only the Clippers game as a clear loss.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Everyone seems to have found a role. Team is getting it together.

Pels since Christmas:

- MEM: -1 loss
    - UTA: +7 win
    - LAL: +20 win
    - BRK: +27 win
    - MIN: +11 win
    - LAC: -16 loss
    - SAC: +33 win
    - GSW: +36 win
    Those Memphis lossess hurt.
    Imagine they split the Mem and Houstan games.

They would be 4th right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Those Memphis lossess hurt.
    Imagine they split the Mem and Houstan games.

They would be 4th right now.
    We have lost the following games this season:

- Rockets by 3
    - Wolves by 1
    - Jazz by 2
    - Grizz by 2
    - Rockets by 2
    - Grizz by 1

That's 6 games decided by a total of 11 points. For comparison, we've already lost more close games (that is, games lost by 1 basket or less, 3 points) than the Kings did last year and their final record was 48-34. We've had more heartbreaker close losses in 19 fewer Ls.

What is with the Pelicans' issues against Grizz and Rockets? Is it a match up problem?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    What is with the Pelicans' issues against Grizz and Rockets? Is it a match up problem?
    For Memphis is 100 percent a Ja Morant problem. Neither Herb nor Dyson can handle him 1 on 1, we need a better defensive game plan. I'd like to see BI matchup against Ja, with double team help at times.

The Rockets are just a much better team than they get credit for, when their starting 5 is healthy its a really well built unit. Sengun in particular is an all star in the making but VanVleet - Green - Brooks - Smith - Sengun is solid 1 thru 5, well rounded and complementary pieces with no weak links.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    For Memphis is 100 percent a Ja Morant problem. Neither Herb nor Dyson can handle him 1 on 1, we need a better defensive game plan. I'd like to see BI matchup against Ja, with double team help at times.

The Rockets are just a much better team than they get credit for, when their starting 5 is healthy its a really well built unit. Sengun in particular is an all star in the making but VanVleet - Green - Brooks - Smith - Sengun is solid 1 thru 5, well rounded and complementary pieces with no weak links.
    I also think coaching could be the problem in those games

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Say it again, dae!!!

Just to support the your assertion with proof, pal!! You know, there are a lot of non-believers in here.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/defe...ort=DEF_RATING

I also think coaching could be the problem in those games
    I definitely blame the coaching for failing to adjust to 1 guy singlehandly killing us in the Memphis games.

Welll in 3 weeks we went from wanting to fire Willie to crowning him.

I think Willie is doing a great job defensively and the players are buying into the Borrego effect. Now it's all about health.

Barring injury, no mid-year trades this year involving top ten players on the roster, PLEASE!!!!

The Franchise
    Yes I believe it’s match up problems. IMO

I still want him gone.
    The team has exceeded his credentials.
    He did his job, they now need a higher profile coach that can take them further and not jeoperdise games in a 7 game series by his stupid 5 non shooter defensive lineups.

It's not hard with a full roster, ensure at all times that this team has two or more shooters on the court at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Just to support the your assertion with proof, pal!! You know, there are a lot of non-believers in here.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/defe...ort=DEF_RATING
    Just to clarify, since Nov 14 we have played only 3 teams in the top 10 in scoring, the highest being #6 the 76ers , the Kings @ #8 and the Clipps @ #9. When you play against mediocre to bad offensive teams of course your defensive stats are going to be great. Not to diminish our D ranking but let's be realistic.
    SCORING SCORING SCORING

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Just to clarify, since Nov 14 we have played only 3 teams in the top 10 in scoring, the highest being #6 the 76ers , the Kings @ #8 and the Clipps @ #9. When you play against mediocre to bad offensive teams of course your defensive stats are going to be great. Not to diminish our D ranking but let's be realistic.
    SCORING SCORING SCORING
    Since New Years Day:

Held Brooklyn to 85 and they average 114.9 for the year (W) (Held them 29.9 points below their avg)
    Held Minnesota to 106 and they average 113.1 on the year (W) (Held them 7.1 points below their avg)
    Held Clippers to 111 and they average 117.5 on the year (L) (Held them 6.5 points below their avg)
    Held Sacramento to 100 (W) and they average 118.2 on the year (W) (Held them 18.2 points below their avg)
    Held Golden State to 105 (W) and they average 116.8 on the year (W) (Held them 11.8 points below their avg)

Our defense held every one of those teams below their YTD average. Meanwhile, during that same stretch, the Pelicans Offense FAILED to hit their YTD average of 116.4 points (11th Ranked) twice, otherwise we would be undefeated in the new year.

---

I know the casual basketball fan is all about offense. So I understand they don't understand that offense comes and goes (ask # 197). But when defense is your constant, you're always in the game. So you see, Pistol, it's....

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE...

Posted this in another thread. We have the second highest percentage of blown calls going against us in the last 2 minutes of close games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-fact-or...194545306.html

Thread Information