Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 21-15

I wonder if there is a stat somewhere that says how many games this season the Pels have gone up by at least 20 points in the game, whether it ended up being a win or a loss. I feel like in almost every game (the ones where they weren't completely blown out from the start) they have been winning by at least 20 points. And one thing that grinds my gears. is there a better site than ESPN to look at some sports news that I dont know about? I'm getting tired of the Pels blowing teams out routinely and I have to scroll for 3 minutes just to see a small one highlight video at the very bottom of the page on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by drortego316 View Post
    I wonder if there is a stat somewhere that says how many games this season the Pels have gone up by at least 20 points in the game, whether it ended up being a win or a loss. I feel like in almost every game (the ones where they weren't completely blown out from the start) they have been winning by at least 20 points. And one thing that grinds my gears. is there a better site than ESPN to look at some sports news that I dont know about? I'm getting tired of the Pels blowing teams out routinely and I have to scroll for 3 minutes just to see a small one highlight video at the very bottom of the page on ESPN
    If you want highlights, YouTube is the best. Honestly there's a bunch of channels on there that have great commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If you want highlights, YouTube is the best. Honestly there's a bunch of channels on there that have great commentary.
    Not necessarily looking for highlights. I usually watch some when Bally is being super trash. I guess just any kind of recognition that the Pels even played a game would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    It was Fox's own POOR shooting that and missing wide open shots held him to 3 pts , PLUS our GREAT OFFENSE that blew them out and sat him early
    The 90's NBA called and they want you back, they even have a flannel shirt for you
    DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE, BABY!!!!

Note: Unlike you, Pistol, I will not resort to insults!!!

Happy New Year!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    In case there is anyone left here still doubting BI's middy... I just saw the numbers and he is ELITE. Like, the best in the NBA. The only guys taking more mid range shots than BI are Derozan and KD and his percentage is way better than them. The only high volume player shooting as well as BI from mid range is SGA, on fewer attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by drortego316 View Post
    I can't help you with your particular question about 20 point leads, but.....

Thus far this year we have lost 15 games. In eight of those games, we have held double digit leads; that's over 50% of our losses to date.

I guess the other team shut us down defensively after they got behind....

-OR-

we couldn't adequately defend them well enough to maintain our advantages.

It's....

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-08-2024 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    In case there is anyone left here still doubting BI's middy... I just saw the numbers and he is ELITE. Like, the best in the NBA. The only guys taking more mid range shots than BI are Derozan and KD and his percentage is way better than them. The only high volume player shooting as well as BI from mid range is SGA, on fewer attempts.
    AMEN!!!

He's the best player on this team.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/1...n-jordan-poole

Sorry to see Halliburton go down. He's got superstar talent.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE, BABY!!!!

Note: Unlike you, Pistol, I will not resort to insults!!!

Happy New Year!!
    LOL thought you'd see it as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    LOL thought you'd see it as a compliment
    DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, PISTOL!!!

Thread Information