Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: January 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Clippers - 21-14

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Desperately need a facilitator. Last night was a bit of an exposure that other teams will try and blueprint. I hope Willow has the answer. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Some will disagree. They will say it was the lack of Pelican offense and NOT the suffocating defense of the Clippers that resulted in last night's debacle.

I suppose all three of our 'so-called' Big Three all shot blanks last night at the same time all by themselves. You know what I mean, don't you? Our group of three is averaging over 72 points a game this year and last night, all by themselves, they only produced half of that (36 on 10 of 31 shooting). But, defense had nothing to do with it.

It looks like the gameplan to beat the Pelicans has been laid out for the league to follow, Take the ball out of BI's hands, watch CJ play ISO-Ball, and let the Big Guy do what he wants.

Point Guard, please!!

Sheesh!!
    You continue to think that missing a WIDE OPEN shot is good defense, it's NOT it's POOR shooting. Yes they doubled BI but if HJ and TM3 and CJ would have be shooting even just decent the double would have disappeared. It's easy to defend a poor shooting team

Just in time for Pelicans game

But they didn't!! They defended where they needed to and lived with the results. That's a defensive gameplan by any standard.

Look Pistol, you averaged 45 in college and won what? You were virtually unequaled offensively in the pros and what did all that offensive firepower get your teams?

Defense wins in every team sport and last night proved it. They took away BI, and the rest is history. From this year's average of 72 ppg from the Pelicans 'Big Three' to a season low of 36.

You humor me, Pistol...you really do.

But, Happy New Year to you nonetheless!!
    Bud , you simply don't get it. 1st Pete played on some really BAD teams and 1 player can't do it all. 2, When he played there was no 3pt line. if there was he would have been the better than Steph Curry. #rd you just refuse to understand that this is NOT the 90's NBA. ALL the rules and the way they call fouls are geared to the OFFENSE and having high-scoring games. It's 2024 C'mon bud. In today's game just 1 great shooter can pretty much take over a game NO MATTER how great a team is playing D.AND if they say " We're not gonna let him beat us " and double him if they have other good scorers it takes it easy for them to score at will. It's not football where a great D can win you a SB ( And that's not as true as it used to be) It's a shooters league and especially 3pt shooting . You can't win a ring without great shooting no matter how good your D is.
    And happy NY to you as well

To be fair the celtics are also in the top 3 best offensive team rating this year.

Of the top 4 teams in the east the celtics and sixers are both in the top 10 in offense and defense while the bucks and knicks are in the top 10 in offense but didn't make it in the top 10 defensively.

The top 4 teams in the west the thunder nuggets and clips all got in the top 10 in both offense and defense while the wolves are the top defensive team in the league and didn't make the top 10 in offense.

Yet we demolished minny rather easily even with
    us playing the 2nd day of a back 2 back. To be a contender though, teams should be good on both ends. Offense mainly matters in the regular season while defense is the key come playoff time.

Son, your knowledge of the game is quite limited, but I'm confident you are proficient in other areas that might interest you.

You do realize that our starters gave us 58 points yesterday while the bench gave us 37 last night. On the season, the starters are averaging over 83 per game and the bench is averaging just under 32. By my feeble calculation, last night the bench overplayed their average while the starters performed miserably against their norm. Why was that?

The Clipper Defense took it to the Pelicans opting to let anybody but Brandon Ingram control the Pelicans offensive flow and the starters folded like a broken lawn chair. In other words, they introduced a blueprint defensively to shut down the Pels.

We should hope the Pelicans trade for a competent PG before the trade deadline or that DD comes on like 'Gangbusters' because ISO-Ball CJ and Point 197 (or whatever you call it) is not an alternative to BI in running this team

BTW: Don't look now, but the # 3, Defensively Rated, Boston Celtics just crushed the top rated Offense in the NBA, (Indiana Pacers)...118 - 101 on the road.

It's.....

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!
    And you are clueless about TODAY"S NBA. You still continue to think that poor shooting is good defense. And you cherry pick and choose the parameters to fit your agenda LOL whay don't you tell me where Boston is ranked on offense before you cherry pick your post You are stuck in the 90's I'll bet you still listen to grunge

Thread Information