Pelicans Report

Thread: Lakers are 2-8 in last 10 Games

Lakers are 2-8 in last 10 Games

Don't look now, but the Lakers are imploding. Lebron is starting to look his age and aside from AD, defense is non-existent. If the current trend persists, Pelicans could be getting a 2024 lottery pick courtesy of the Lakers, separate and apart from whatever their own pick turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Don't look now, but the Lakers are imploding. Lebron is starting to look his age and aside from AD, defense is non-existent. If the current trend persists, Pelicans could be getting a 2024 lottery pick courtesy of the Lakers, separate and apart from whatever their own pick turns out to be.
    Would be nice and could be a nice asset to trade for a proven player if the trend continues.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Question for all: Considering it's supposedly a weak draft (?), what pick would be your personal threshold for keeping it instead of deferring to 2025?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Question for all: Considering it's supposedly a weak draft (?), what pick would be your personal threshold for keeping it instead of deferring to 2025?
    I think you have to strike when the iron’s hot. If the Lakers end up having a decent lottery pick you take it, because you can’t count on the league allowing the Lakers to go into an extended slump.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Depends. It is a fairly weak draft (no Wemby, Chet, Zion, Luka, or Ja level prospects in it) but that doesn't mean there aren't a few guys who look like they have real all-star potential.

If the Lakers truly combust and then get fairly good draft luck and they come out with a top 5 pick, I'd probably keep it unless you could parlay it into a trade for a real difference maker. If it was just late lottery, I'd move it much more readily if there was a good ''piece'' available.

I'd probably not defer it, just because I'm sceptical of its future.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I do think they have some decent center prospects in Edey, Kalkbrenner, and Clingan.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 01-04-2024 at 04:31 PM.

And the funny thing on top of that is that AD and Bron have been relatively healthy this season and are still struggling. I still hated how they were able to turn it around last season and messed up our pick swap option.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    And the funny thing on top of that is that AD and Bron have been relatively healthy this season and are still struggling. I still hated how they were able to turn it around last season and messed up our pick swap option.
    I feel like this has been an irritating constant for Lebron's career (outside of his time in Miami) but he's just missing key pieces on the team and it's forcing him to carry them a lot.

The problem is, as the media will constantly remind you, he is now 39 years old. He's played the 2nd most minutes in NBA history and over 1400 games. He can't do it anymore. He's not 2008 Lebron or even 2016 Lebron anymore. On any given night he can still put on a masterclass, but expecting it from him every night is no longer an option and the Pelicans know better than anyone that you can't really count on AD to be that guy for you either.

They need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel like this has been an irritating constant for Lebron's career (outside of his time in Miami) but he's just missing key pieces on the team and it's forcing him to carry them a lot.

The problem is, as the media will constantly remind you, he is now 39 years old. He's played the 2nd most minutes in NBA history and over 1400 games. He can't do it anymore. He's not 2008 Lebron or even 2016 Lebron anymore. On any given night he can still put on a masterclass, but expecting it from him every night is no longer an option and the Pelicans know better than anyone that you can't really count on AD to be that guy for you either.

They need some help.
    Here's hoping they don't get any.

I noticed both AD and LeBron have been playing 38-40 minutes consistently the past couple of weeks. Wonder how long they can go like that before one of them breaks down?

Thread Information