Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: January 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 20-14

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It feels like when we have trouble with this team its because Ant completely takes over the game and runs wild. If we can manage to avoid that we should be good

CJ is doing is best to stop us from the early 3rd quarter collapse

Edwards wants to have them look at that play, but it sure looked to me like he fouled Herb on the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Willie got T'd up for going nuts on the refs after no foul call on a Zion drive
    Must have been aliens inhabiting WG's body

Midway thru the 3rd. Pels look sharp. Whole team tonight so far

That drive by zion against towns was the same as the edwards drive against jonas and they called a foul on jonas but didn't call towns for a foul.

Give Zion his props. Offensive rebound put back and then went sky high for the help block against Ant... threw his shot so hard... damn!!! that was extra

Lead hits 20 for the first time tonight.

Pels extending a lead in the 3rd? What on earth is happening?
    Basketball.

BI stopped Ant Edwards on a fast break with that long wing span. Guys are really struggling to drive on BI these days

Refs calling it all on Naji right now

Zion with the steal and dunk

Absolutely nasty, smart assist from Zion to Nance. This is a complete game from Z

Antman to the line again. Refs are determined to give him 15FTs regardless of what actually happens in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Antman to the line again. Refs are determined to give him 15FTs regardless of what actually happens in the game
    those last couple calls against Naji and Jose were super friendly for him

those last couple calls against Naji and Jose were super friendly for him
    The fact that he's in double digit FTAs is the only reason this isn't a 30 point deficit right now, tbh

Edwards basically leans over every damn time and gets the calls. He also leads with his elbows and have caught herb at least 2 times in that 3rd quarter

19 fouls against the Pels to only 11 against MIN. Sure doesn't seem like MIN has played that clean of a game.

Pels up 21 going into the 4th quarter, on the road, on the second night of a b2b, against the 1 seed.

Really strong outing so far from everyone.

Just gotta keep it together for even just 6 more minutes. Keep the lead around 20 for that long and they'll probably concede.

I don't know what it is, but Zion just hates Minnesota. He kills them basically every time we play.

Actually, I think it's Gobert in particular because he did it in the games he played against the Jazz too when Gobert was there.

He just hates Rudy.

Zion has more points in the paint than anyone in the NBA except Giannis... if he can stay healthy he's going to pass him up too. Nobody is better at scoring in the paint than Zion

All-Star
    wolves have been 7-0 after a loss...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't know what it is, but Zion just hates Minnesota. He kills them basically every time we play.

Actually, I think it's Gobert in particular because he did it in the games he played against the Jazz too when Gobert was there.

He just hates Rudy.
    yes, AD said earlier its Rudy's presence that causes Zion to bring his A game

CJ has been on fire from 3 lately

yes, AD said earlier its Rudy's presence that causes Zion to bring his A game
    It sounds petty but I honestly think it goes back to when Zion was entering the league. The main line of criticism for him was ''sure, he was doing that in college, but he'll never do it in the NBA against real rim protectors like Rudy Gobert'' - Gobert had just won DPOY his second year in a row at that point, so it he was the name everyone went to.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it felt like Zion came in with Gobert being the ''prove it'' figure, and he's just never really let that go.

Thread Information