Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Lakers - 18-14

Jose is a beast

Be prepared. These last 4 minutes, we're going to have to beat LeBron, the Lakers, and the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Be prepared. These last 4 minutes, we're going to have to beat LeBron, the Lakers, and the refs.
    YA THINK??

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    YA THINK??
    I don't THINK. I KNOW.

I feel like this team doesn't have enough plays in the playbook or something sometimes...Like, is it just me or does it seem like they don't know what they are doing sometimes and just passing the ball randomly?

....and LaTurd couldn't hang around to shake hands. What a F...!!!!

We may be one Laker injury away from a Lottery Pick.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    ....and LaTurd couldn't hang around to shake hands. What a F...!!!!
    He always seems to do that. I would have thought that leaving courtside just because you're pissed you're about to lose would be against league policy.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    He always seems to do that. I would have thought that leaving courtside just because you're pissed you're about to lose would be against league policy.
    If he won he would be sticking around saying happy new year to everyone.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Happy New Year everyone. Even the eternal pessimists who disappear after every impressive win.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Got back from the game. Bi enjoyed this one. I enjoyed it as well. Jose was really fun to watch.

Lebron went to the locker room before the game was over. I wonder what the inner hatred is about.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    If he won he would be sticking around saying happy new year to everyone.
    And giving hugs.

Just rewatched most of the game - attention kinda divided so I can't pretend to have given it 100% focus - but it seems pretty good. A few ugly turnovers from Zion, especially early, and BI started the scoring slow, but Zion picked up the handle after the first quarter and BI started scoring in the second half, so they mostly made up for it. Great defensive game from BI - he's done that a few games in a row now, where his scoring has started slow but he's compensated by increased defensive work, which is great to see.

Strong start from CJ then he went cold for the 2nd and 3rd quarters mostly.

JV solid. Nance continues to look better than he has since February at least. Jose was on full ''irritating pest'' mode, in the best way possible.

Great win to close the year out, solid performances from everyone, happy new year to the board.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    What an incompetent play
    How's that 10 game losing streak going?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just rewatched most of the game - attention kinda divided so I can't pretend to have given it 100% focus - but it seems pretty good. A few ugly turnovers from Zion, especially early, and BI started the scoring slow, but Zion picked up the handle after the first quarter and BI started scoring in the second half, so they mostly made up for it. Great defensive game from BI - he's done that a few games in a row now, where his scoring has started slow but he's compensated by increased defensive work, which is great to see.

Strong start from CJ then he went cold for the 2nd and 3rd quarters mostly.

JV solid. Nance continues to look better than he has since February at least. Jose was on full ''irritating pest'' mode, in the best way possible.

Great win to close the year out, solid performances from everyone, happy new year to the board.
    Happy New Year. dae!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I feel like this team doesn't have enough plays in the playbook or something sometimes...Like, is it just me or does it seem like they don't know what they are doing sometimes and just passing the ball randomly?
    The offensive playbook leaves a lot to be desired. The really good news is Nance is playing more like his old self so we are allowed to go small ball and cause teams problems. What stood out to me though is shooting- we were 12-22 early and that really allowed us to establish ourselves. We need to be consistent from beyond the arc and be willing to take more shots. That starts with getting guys like BI more comfortable spotting up and stepping into 3’s. Hopefully Jose and Herb keep improving there and we find a way to utilize Trey with everyone healthy. It’s been really inconsistent.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Not much to add. Hawkins had a few looks from deep he passed on that I think he should’ve let fly.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Happy New Year everyone. Even the eternal pessimists who disappear after every impressive win.
    It's New Years Eve. I had things to do.

Don't look now, but the Pels have just moved into sixth place in the West compliments of the Jazz.

Thread Information