Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Trade Season/Signings !

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    This man said Brandon is inconsistent from mid range some statements just disqualify you to speak on certain subjects
    The Brandon Ingram slander is as dumb as it gets!!
    Dude is a top 2 SF under 30 years old behind only Tatum..
    The only guys you could say out of all the SFs who are currently above him is 39 y/o Lebron, 32 y/o Kawhi,
    and 34 year old Jimmy Butler..
    Kawhi is having a great season and badly outplaying BI
    while every GM in the NBA would take BI over Butler
    for the present and the future..
    He is just entering the prime of his career and these same people hating were likely the same idiots that still can’t admit they were wrong when we traded for him..
    I recognize a few names who swore he was the worst trade ever and would be a complete bust yet he did nothing but become an All Star..
    All of this right after he has arguably has his career best game while not even playing in the 4th.. His 5 straight possessions with made 3 pointers is the first time someone has done that since the 97-98’ NBA Season..
    Some people know how to write well like they know what they are talking about but really don’t..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-08-2024 at 05:13 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Ingram will still only be 26 by the start of next season. So there's also that...

Buddy traded

Potentially spooky trade. Don't know who was part of it. Could have been some fan favorites.

I figured Trey and JV was part of it. Hawks might have wanted Herb and it fizzled out

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I don't think the Pelicans were actually interested. Just not possible with salaries to make a Murray trade without giving up a player the pels shouldnt.

Think either the bird teams are just trying to put the squeeze on the Lakers, or the Hawks just desperately want herb.

Still a couple hours left.

I really think we're going to stand pat, or maybe dip into the buyout market.

I wouldn't want to part with Herb either.

Yeah ATL can go to hades we're not trading Herb.

Bucks want Naji. Can we pay him? If not we might have to ship him out.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Bucks want Naji. Can we pay him? If not we might have to ship him out.
    What are they offering that we would want? Other than open another roster spot and free up some money for the buyout market.

Im glad we didn't do anything stupid

Be grateful we got Grif. and Langdon to block that garbage deal by Atlanta. Demps would have signed off on it.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Yeah major W standing pat. They let Hill walk and will use that spot on Karlo to fill the roster.

Oh well I’m fine with no trade this season.. We aren’t winning a Championship this year.. This season is for growing and developing our young players while finding the best ways to use our talent.. Having a playoff experience and maybe even winning a series will be huge for these guys to experience.. You can’t replicate that type of environment or gameplay..
    This off season there will be much better deals on the table and the Hawks for example won’t be able to demand as much since its not necessarily trading from a position of power as the other team isn’t on a deadline or in a time of desperation while the Hawks also showed there hand willing to trade him then which usually means even more so at a later date.. This gives CJ and Jonas the chance to prove otherwise the rest of the season and playoffs while also building their values to the right teams showing they are worth keeping for us or another team believing they are a great fit.. I think we have a great trade partner with the Hawks this off season.. I think Pelicans and Hawks resume talks and get a deal done for Dejounte Murray and Onyeka Okongwu.. which imo are just perfect fits and allow this team to go to the next level.. We send out CJ, Jonas, and some picks where likely a 3rd/4th team are involved but CJ would be a very good veteran fit next to Trae..
    We are loaded at PG/SG/SF and need to start drafting heavy at the big man positions to try and potentially hit on our very own homegrown stud.. If we can land another Herb and Trey types of hits for a future starting Center and backup PF to Zion.. This is a building process for us and we have done it the right way and are so close to having a roster with no holes.. People are underestimating the amount of room this team and coaches still have to grow their own games and as a group.. A trade to address our 2 weaknesses in the starting lineup will be addressed this off-season imo with the Hawks.. Those talks were negotiated fast enough and will just have to continue at a later date.. Through the draft and trades the Pelicans are a top 4 seed next season..

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Oh well I’m fine with no trade this season.. We aren’t winning a Championship this year.. This season is for growing and developing our young players while finding the best ways to use our talent.. Having a playoff experience and maybe even winning a series will be huge for these guys to experience.. You can’t replicate that type of environment or gameplay..
    This off season there will be much better deals on the table and the Hawks for example won’t be able to demand as much since its not necessarily trading from a position of power as the other team isn’t on a deadline or in a time of desperation while the Hawks also showed there hand willing to trade him then which usually means even more so at a later date.. This gives CJ and Jonas the chance to prove otherwise the rest of the season and playoffs while also building their values to the right teams showing they are worth keeping for us or another team believing they are a great fit.. I think we have a great trade partner with the Hawks this off season.. I think Pelicans and Hawks resume talks and get a deal done for Dejounte Murray and Onyeka Okongwu.. which imo are just perfect fits and allow this team to go to the next level.. We send out CJ, Jonas, and some picks where likely a 3rd/4th team are involved but CJ would be a very good veteran fit next to Trae..
    We are loaded at PG/SG/SF and need to start drafting heavy at the big man positions to try and potentially hit on our very own homegrown stud.. If we can land another Herb and Trey types of hits for a future starting Center and backup PF to Zion.. This is a building process for us and we have done it the right way and are so close to having a roster with no holes.. People are underestimating the amount of room this team and coaches still have to grow their own games and as a group.. A trade to address our 2 weaknesses in the starting lineup will be addressed this off-season imo with the Hawks.. Those talks were negotiated fast enough and will just have to continue at a later date.. Through the draft and trades the Pelicans are a top 4 seed next season..
    Jonas is an expiring contract. Can't trade what you don't have.

Even better as the only value he had was being an expiring and we likely would have had to send out a pick to dump him..
    This summer we can work on a deal that brings in
    Dejounte Murray and Onyeka Okongwu
    while focusing on a big man in the draft..
    Future is very bright for the Pelicans!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-08-2024 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Even better as the only value he had was being an expiring and we likely would have had to send out a pick to dump him..
    This summer we can work on a deal that brings in
    Dejounte Murray and Onyeka Okongwu
    while focusing on a big man in the draft..
    Future is very bright for the Pelicans!!
    To dump him? He's definitely a positive asset and we may not be able to afford his next contract and risk him walking in FA. There's not much available in free agency regarding centers. It would be nice to have an upgrade at the position, but you can do way, way worse than Jonas. He's one of the better ones.

I heard on the radio a short time ago that Pels were trying to sign Dinwiddie... he got bought out. I just looked at HoopsHype and somebody tweeted the Lakers are the frontrunners (of course) to sign him.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    really glad we didn't lose Herb.

I'm fine with it. I do think maybe not trading Naji for a second rounder or two was a mistake? Maybe they plan on resigning him and moving him before the next deadline? IDK.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I'm fine with it. I do think maybe not trading Naji for a second rounder or two was a mistake? Maybe they plan on resigning him and moving him before the next deadline? IDK.
    Maybe they plan on competing in the playoffs and don't think it's worthwhile making the team worse right now to get a future second round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Maybe they plan on competing in the playoffs and don't think it's worthwhile making the team worse right now to get a future second round pick.
    If they plan on bringing back Jonas which I hope they do and need cap space for the 2024 pick, they will be over the cap to also re-sign Naji.
    Yes they can trade him in the season to get under the tax again, but teams will know that the Pels are over the tax and give you less for him.
    I guess its better than losing him for nothing, but I'd rather let him walk or use him in a sign and trade with the 2024 pick to upgarde the roster.

Same goes for Jonas.

Thread Information