NBA 2024 Trade Season/Signings !

It has started

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It has started

Great trade for new yorkt
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    And Toronto wanted a minimum of 3-4 1st and a young player last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    On the other hand, bad trade for Toronto! Sort of. I like Quickly and Barrett doesn't completely suck, but as PelicansFan pointed out, they should have sold when the value was way higher.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    That was an amazing offensive possession. The ball was moving quickly, we got up 3 different good looks and missed them but got 3 offensive rebounds and finally a dunk. They are working out there

Would y'all trade:

Larry + Naji + 2 1st round picks for Lauri Markkanen?

Not saying that this trade will happen like this straight up.

But if another team is involved in a 3 way trade, then maybe something could be worked out.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 01-14-2024 at 03:07 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Would y'all trade:

Larry + Naji + 2 1st round picks for Lauri Markkanen?

Not saying that this trade will happen like this straight up.

But if another team is involved in a 3 way trade, then maybe something could be worked out.
    Utah isn't taking that. Not nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Agree. Saw this, which is interesting-

Do we even have a 2nd round pick? I know we traded a lot of it with the graham trade.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I would throw in Herb too then.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Do we even have a 2nd round pick? I know we traded a lot of it with the graham trade.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I would throw in Herb too then.
    Blasphemy!

Kira went to the Raptors
    Looks like a trade to avoid Tax.

Take care Kira

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I hope he finds a role somewhere.

For the young man, he couldn't go to a worse team. Toronto already gives minutes to Quickley, Barnes, Schroder, and Trent in the backcourt and now Bruce Brown and Kira will be fighting for what's left. Hopefully, Toronto isn't through dealing for Kira's sake.

It's kira for haliburton right?

I'm disapointed by this trade mostly because I feel there could be quality role players in the second round in this draft.

I think we got the lesser of the 2024 2nd rounders back in this trade. Between our 2nd rounder and Chicago's. If so, not bad considering this trade saved us 18 million.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    It's kira for haliburton right?
    Keep dreaming!

Farewell to Kira Lewis. He never really did much of anything for the Pels, but then, he wasn't given the best luck or situation either. Hopefully he's better elsewhere than he was here and has a good career.

We all knew a tax move was coming, many speculated it would be a Kira thing, but now we know for sure.

Will the Pelicans do anything else, or just stand with what they've got? Find out next time on Dragonball Z.

Hard to justify keeping Val if you don't have him signed to an extension. Letting him walk for zero compensation is malpractice. I understand his value and what he brings to the team in terms of toughness and culture, but if we value that get him signed. If, on the other hand, the front office views him as a slow, throw back in the pivot who doesn't fit the modern game and doesn't figure in our plans beyond this season, then you deal him before the deadline.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Hard to justify keeping Val if you don't have him signed to an extension. Letting him walk for zero compensation is malpractice. I understand his value and what he brings to the team in terms of toughness and culture, but if we value that get him signed. If, on the other hand, the front office views him as a slow, throw back in the pivot who doesn't fit the modern game and doesn't figure in our plans beyond this season, then you deal him before the deadline.
    Deal him for what? How much is his expiring contract worth, because if it's not something that makes the team better it's not worth ruining our chances in the post season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Deal him for what? How much is his expiring contract worth, because if it's not something that makes the team better it's not worth ruining our chances in the post season this year.
    It's a tough situation. We've actually got several decisions to make, which is rare for us - usually we're scrambling for anyone playable to fill huge roster gaps.

Val and Naji are the obvious question marks. Both expiring, both probably due a pay raise in the summer. Either one getting a significant bump in pay will make us a tax team. Probably comes down to picking one.

Unless you can package them both to make a blockbuster trade, but that's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's a tough situation. We've actually got several decisions to make, which is rare for us - usually we're scrambling for anyone playable to fill huge roster gaps.

Val and Naji are the obvious question marks. Both expiring, both probably due a pay raise in the summer. Either one getting a significant bump in pay will make us a tax team. Probably comes down to picking one.

Unless you can package them both to make a blockbuster trade, but that's unlikely.
    Not sure Val gets a significant jump in salary at 32. Naji will get a raise. If we do not make a bigger deal, would not be surprised to see him dealt for a couple of 2nds.

Thread Information