Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 17-14

Pelicans December 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 17-14

Pels have a lot to prove and not much time left before the season gets real sticky. Need wins right now. Can they do it? We all have doubts.

Let's find out.
    Basketball.

Face it, athletically, all the tick marks favor the Pelicans up and down the lineup against the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (refuse to use the 'J' word) in this match-up just as it did twice, earlier this season when the Jazz were missing key players. But there's other things to consider like....

....Heart
    ....Basketball IQ
    ....Discipline
    ....Chemistry
    ....Coaching
    ....and, of course-------------------

"DEFENSE...DEFENSE....DEFENSE"

We are a team that (can't, won't, aren't allowed) to get out of their own way. We are 0-6 in games decided by three points or less. The 'clutch' in this jalopy simply isn't working.

We've just gone through a stretch of 3 loses where we averaged 107.7 ppg against good to great defensive juggernauts after averaging over 124 for the rest of December and 115 for the season. In all three of those losses, we've squandered double digit leads, having done so eight times already this year. I seriously doubt that a CP3 or Rajon Rondo like leader would allow this to occur.

Either the team digs deep within to save itself from itself, or there is a massive implosion on the horizon.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-28-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Just a reminder to all that when we inevitably see the same CJ/Herb/BI/Zion/JV starting lineup, that lineup is a -6.8 in 172 minutes so far this season.

It's also the only 5 man lineup we have over 100 minutes of so far this year.

It's rough. I'd like to give you the numbers for that same lineup but with Trey instead of Herb, but unfortunately I can't because we haven't used that lineup according to NBA Stats.

Hawk sent down to the G league.
    Made it to the top 5 in rookies to watch and now down to Birmingham.

What happens when everyone gets healthy and there no more minutes I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markid View Post

This right here is the sign of a very badly run organization. Not only does he not deserve to be there. He deserves to be on the court with them tonight with about 18-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This right here is the sign of a very badly run organization. Not only does he not deserve to be there. He deserves to be on the court with them tonight with about 18-20 minutes.
    18-20 minutes? Whose minutes are he taking? I prefer he stay with the Pels to be a sparkplug if needed, but he has not been good on the court lately. I think he defensive issues are not offset enough by his potential offense it appears (in the coaches minds). I would prefer to have him available if needed.

fire willie

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    18-20 minutes? Whose minutes are he taking? I prefer he stay with the Pels to be a sparkplug if needed, but he has not been good on the court lately. I think he defensive issues are not offset enough by his potential offense it appears (in the coaches minds). I would prefer to have him available if needed.
    Well he isn’t any worse than CJ, and probably shoots a lot better than Dyson, probably could take a few of Jose’s and Najis minutes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just a reminder to all that when we inevitably see the same CJ/Herb/BI/Zion/JV starting lineup, that lineup is a -6.8 in 172 minutes so far this season.

It's also the only 5 man lineup we have over 100 minutes of so far this year.

It's rough. I'd like to give you the numbers for that same lineup but with Trey instead of Herb, but unfortunately I can't because we haven't used that lineup according to NBA Stats.
    We definitely have used that lineup it's the one that has been failing to score at the end of games

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Hawk to the G League?

Gayle is letting idiots stay in charge of her teams. There won't be any change for a while. I'm guessing years.

Hello apathy my old friend.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markid View Post

Bro you gotta upgrade that phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    We definitely have used that lineup it's the one that has been failing to score at the end of games
    ''According to NBA stats''. I'm not making proclamations on any particular lineup, just saying it isn't on BBall Ref or NBA Stats and so I can't give any numbers for it. According to them, that lineup does not exist (there is a chance I missed it on NBA stats, but it's definitely not on BBall Ref).
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 12-28-2023 at 07:10 PM.

CJ with a much better start to the game than last time out

He’s also getting torched on defense and making the Pels collapse.

Nance is first off the bench with Naji. Trey bumped further down the line.

Hope to god Nance is better than he's been for the last 11 months.

Naji hot early

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Naji hot early
    Naji minutes are good for us. He's been scoring and he has the dog in him unlike most of our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Naji minutes are good for us. He's been scoring and he has the dog in him unlike most of our roster.
    Naji is a really good 9th man, he's going to get paid this summer. Not by us, but still.

CJ's hot hand continues from 3

What is this team doing? Geez man this is putrid.

This brand of basketball will almost always lead to an L.

Just running down the court and turning it over and then looking lost on defense is always the way they play after a tough loss.

This coach is an absolute trash can. What the fu** is this stupid a** lineup.

These guys must shoot good in practice cause he’s still surrounding Bi and Zion with no shooters for three and four minutes at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    These guys must shoot good in practice cause he’s still surrounding Bi and Zion with no shooters for three and four minutes at a time.
    And when we play shooters, we run nothing for them.

Trey has played 9 minutes so far and has taken 0 threes. It's partially on him for not making them happen, but it shows the team is running nothing specific to create them.

Thread Information