Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: December 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 17-13

Idk what the hell is going on but Willie needs to make it a point for the players to hit Trey all game. Have to keep him engaged.

Fire Willie Green

Of course we bring Daniels in to guard their center instead.

Y?all really didn?t believe me when we lost to the rockets and I said, ?we could very well lose the next 10 games?

This team does not do well against Memphis, Utah, or Lakers.

What a pathetic arse team.

Talent, but such bad coaching.

You could tell Zion was hell bent on taking that himself. Zion’s weakness in crunch time is he gets impatient, while BI gets indecisive.

Is Dennis Allen coaching the Pels ?

Pathetic. We are letting teams grind out 5 allstar caliber scorers.

Of course CJ misses that. Dude is soft as anything. No reason to play him in crunch time.

Missed almost all of this OT because my dog needed me, come back to see us down 4 with a minute left.

Go Pels, Go
    Basketball.

How many games have we lost because we CAN'T SHOOT FREAKING FTS?

Yea, Willie. The five guys you want to bring a game home can’t. CJ is useless in close games. And there is no reason to have Zion and BI on the court together if they aren’t going to contribute while the other guy plays ISO.

I'd make every guy on the team be at the facility for 6am tomorrow, and they each shoot 5000 FTs. Not practicing jump shots, or 3ptrs, no defensive sets. JUST FREE THROWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Of course CJ misses that. Dude is soft as anything. No reason to play him in crunch time.
    CJ needs to be traded and Willie needs to be fired. This team is going nowhere with this current coaching staff. 13 point lead going into the 4th. How many times have we seen it. Can?t say ?pathetic? enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Y?all really didn?t believe me when we lost to the rockets and I said, ?we could very well lose the next 10 games?
    Predicting the team go to on a 10 game losing streak and then trying to get bragging rights before even one of those games has officially ended is top tier hubris, love it.

When we randomly get a win over Brooklyn, Mavs, and Kings during this run, I'm sure you'll be around for that too
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 12-26-2023 at 10:02 PM.

I'm SICK SICK SICK SICK OF WG

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I'd make every guy on the team be at the facility for 6am tomorrow, and they each shoot 5000 FTs. Not practicing jump shots, or 3ptrs, no defensive sets. JUST FREE THROWS.
    After every game, someone says this.

They all practice FT. Hundreds of them, every day.

Some players are just not going to hit them that well, and the players who missed today (CJ, for example, 1-3) are good FT shooters in general.

There are far bigger problems on this team than FTs. Yes it would be nice if we never missed any but it's not the key issue this team needs to address.

Of course CJ hits that one

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Predicting the team go to on a 10 game losing streak and then trying to get bragging rights before even one of those games has officially ended is top tier hubris, love it.

When we randomly get a win over Brooklyn, Mavs, and Kings during this run, I'm sure you'll be around for that too
    So far, i haven’t been wrong about my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    So far, i haven’t been wrong about my statement.
    I'm never going to die.

If I don't die in the next 5 minutes, I'll use that as proof that I'm right. After all, so far, I wouldn't have been wrong, would I?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    After every game, someone says this.

They all practice FT. Hundreds of them, every day.

Some players are just not going to hit them that well, and the players who missed today (CJ, for example, 1-3) are good FT shooters in general.

There are far bigger problems on this team than FTs. Yes it would be nice if we never missed any but it's not the key issue this team needs to address.
    But guess what? Hundreds are not cutting it. So you have todo something it's cost us TOOO many games

Not a good look no matter what angle you view it. We let another team hold us below 110 in succession. The offense was abysmal. They seemed to have no plan at all. I really think Hawkins needs to come back into the team. We miss his movement off the ball

Willie, Willie, Willie. Let me suggest this lineup in crunch. Either Zion or BI, whoever has it going. Both if you can get away without playing Jonas. Herb. The guy might be the only Pelican player whose play improves in the fourth quarter. Trey, just because we need a spot up shooter out there. And Dyson if the other team has a guard that they depend on for offense. In the alternative I’d try Naji. Because unlike CJ, he’s not a **********.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1840 View Post
    CJ needs to be traded and Willie needs to be fired. This team is going nowhere with this current coaching staff. 13 point lead going into the 4th. How many times have we seen it. Can?t say ?pathetic? enough.
    Agreed. Jonas and CJ both need to go. I’d think about moving BI as well. This team is going nowhere fast.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Lost 2 games to the Grizz by a combined 3 points.

Just failures at the end of the game. Dozen things you can point to if you want to nitpick, but overwhelmingly it just comes down to this: this team doesn't play consistently, doesn't play smart, doesn't maximise advantages, doesn't push when the opponent falters, and plays conservative when it needs to be imposing its own will.

Most of that comes down to coaching. Yes, players can be better there's no doubt about that, but when the gameplan is designed for a different squad than is actually playing, you're going to get times where it just doesn't work.

We have a TOTALLY confused HC so we have a TOTALLY confused team. He has no clue in close games and neither do they

Thread Information