Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 16-11

Free throw disparity wasn’t as bad as I thought. But it did seem that the Grizz were shooting in the penalty pretty early in both the 3rd and 4th. I’d like to see a break down by each half.

I’m sorry, but Zion was giving us empty points and had a general lack of energy. If he’s sick fine. Then do what they did in Charlotte with BI and sit him and try to get Dyson to slow Morant down. Morant is a bad matchup for Herb.

And CJ just isn’t good in the clutch. We need to design plays to get it to Brandon when he has a shooting game like he did today.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Are you for or against trading Zion?

I thought he was going to be like the next LeBron.

My god was I wrong.
    I get that you're not on the board posting that frequently, but you are talking to As I See It.

He's for trading Zion even after Zion's best games. I'm pretty sure he'd trade Zion for like, three 2nd round picks and a ham sandwich.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    No matter how you slice it we blew a 24 point lead.
    Thank you.

How bad is that coaching? Hey guys spread out so Mirant can get to 3 feet in front of the basket possession after possession including the game winner. Could not have made it any easier for Ja. Pels going nowhere with Willie. He’s learning on the job.
    Did the commissioner call and “arrange this game?
    The game was too big for CJ. Two friggin airball threes late. Wow.

My god was I wrong.
    lol. He’s probably for cutting Zion. He’s never hated anyone so much in his life.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That is an incredibly bold prediction.

Jokic, Doncic, Wemby, Chet, Haliburton, Giannis, Booker, Maxey, and Tatum are all under 30. And they're all either clearly better, or debatably better than Ja right now.
    It's a bold thing to say but I've seen it too many times now. Morant is a one man game breaker

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    So sick of CJ. Don't get me started with the refs. But CJ has to go.

I get that you're not on the board posting that frequently, but you are talking to As I See It.

He's for trading Zion even after Zion's best games. I'm pretty sure he'd trade Zion for like, three 2nd round picks and a ham sandwich.
    Oh. I didn’t know that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    How bad is that coaching? Hey guys spread out so Mirant can get to 3 feet in front of the basket possession after possession including the game winner. Could not have made it any easier for Ja. Pels going nowhere with Willie. He’s learning on the job.
    Did the commissioner call and “arrange this game?
    The game was too big for CJ. Two friggin airball threes late. Wow.
    Can't play any defense on him. They'd have called a foul anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    It's a bold thing to say but I've seen it too many times now. Morant is a one man game breaker
    Maybe we should plant a gun in his car. Just joking. I guess.

My god was I wrong.
    I can't say, because someone will go whining to the moderators if I told you what I really think.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    So sick of CJ. Don't get me started with the refs. But CJ has to go.
    He was 6 of 9 from 3 point today FYI

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This one here was a head scratcher. I?m not sure I can explain it other than it seemed exponentially rigged. This story was written three days ago. Nothing more rigged than this one right here. The Pels could not play defense at all in the second half. We?re not allowed to. They really need to try a little harder but this one was fixed boys. Let it rest. What can a team do when they are not allowed to defend but are also allowed to be hacked. It’s demoralizing and not fair but they were chosen as the beating pin for a Ja Morant story. Don’t let anything fool y’all.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 12-19-2023 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Can't play any defense on him. They'd have called a foul anyway.
    Exactly.

And the question for how it's on coaching? Simple: if they will not allow you to play defense, and you keep applying a defense-only gameplan, you are making a mistake.

If the refs are straight up telling you that defense is not allowed, then the only way to win is to outscore them.

So refusing to play Trey and refusing to draw up plays to generate 3s for him is a problem.

I should not be this angry… I knew we were going to lose this game the day I saw it on the calendar… But yet, it is still hitting me like I didn’t expect it

I kind of had a bad feeling in the start of the half. We came out with no energy and spent too much time trying to get Zion going and our team kind of lost their rhythm.

Which makes his two wide open misses from three when it counted inexcusable.

and was a usual choke artist with chucker shots at the end and no defense all game. get him outta here.

I know it’s just one game, but I truly don’t think this current roster is a championship team

it’s not like wine where aging with time it’s just going to somehow magically help us become a championship team…

The roster needs a shake up

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I kind of had a bad feeling in the start of the half. We came out with no energy and spent too much time trying to get Zion going and our team kind of lost their rhythm.
    They got the halftime memo. Believe me. Sports are in a very bad place.

Just to let you know, I've lodged a complaint. Taking a cue from 'Hugh'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This one here was a head scratcher. I?m not sure I can explain it other than it seemed exponentially rigged. This story was written three days ago. Nothing more rigged than this one right here. The Pels could not play defense at all in the second half. We?re not allowed to. They really need to try a little harder but this one was fixed boys. Let it rest.
    Basically.

And for the ''this is a tragedy, we need to blow it up'' people: we are 4-1 over our last 5 games including a win over the 1 Seed, we are 7-3 over our last 10, and we're on pace to win 47 games, which would be the most this franchise has won since 2017-18, and last year would have been enough to secure the 4th seed in the West.

We're fine. Sucks to lose, not happy about it, but that game was not meant to be, clearly.

So refusing to play Trey and refusing to draw up plays to generate 3s for him is a problem.
    Trey got 21 minutes that's about right for him. He just wasn't very effective with his time. I agree they need to draw up looks for him more intentionally because teams aren't leaving him open and he can't get himself open. Maybe he should focus on off ball movement more.

If the NBA is rigged, how come no retired referees ever came out in public about it? Did they sign some sort of death contract?

You would think someone by now would’ve said something in regards to spilling the beans

Something would have leaked by now

Thread Information