Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 16-11

Gotta quit entering panic mode. Simple as that. Personally I would have tried to force someone else to make a play at the end instead of Ja, but it is what it is. Another blown game. With everyone healthy

That's the problem with having Zion. You would almost have to build a perfect team just to compensate on his weaknesses.. and boy does he have a lot of it, can't space the floor, can't defend, can't rebound. Right now we have shooters that can't defend or rebound, a big that can rebound but can't challenge shots and is slow footed and who is also not a big threat further out. Then you have a good defender but is a shaky shooter and a career 4 reb per game guy and Zion's partner who is mostly a mid range type person who averages around 5 reb a game. The lineup makes it harder for everyone else but then you add a coach who makes the situation even harder or even worse.

It's still a good team, but it needs a good coach who can press the right buttons and make the right adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    That's the problem with having Zion. You would almost have to build a perfect team just to compensate on his weaknesses.. and boy does he have a lot of it, can't space the floor, can't defend, can't rebound. Right now we have shooters that can't defend or rebound, a big that can rebound but can't challenge shots and is slow footed and who is also not a big threat further out. Then you have a good defender but is a shaky shooter and a career 4 reb per game guy and Zion's partner who is mostly a mid range type person who averages around 5 reb a game. The lineup makes it harder for everyone else but then you add a coach who makes the situation even harder or even worse.

It's still a good team, but it needs a good coach who can press the right buttons and make the right adjustments.
    Can't disagree with any of this. I've been saying he's a one-trick-pony since the Summer of 2019. He has done nothing...nada...zilch to expand his game in the five years he's been on the payroll, but seems to have made remarkable strides in expanding his waistline. He's lazy, either can't or won't play a lick of defense, pouty, and his maturity on (and off) the court is sketchy (I'm being extraordinarily kind here).

The criticism he's drawn from National commentators recently is well-placed and well-deserved. Being critiqued by someone sitting behind a computer screen is one thing...but when it comes from one of your own (some Hall of Famers) it's a whole other matter.

Finally, you are right:

"You would almost have to build a perfect team just to compensate on his weaknesses"

Problem is: There is no such thing as a 'perfect team'.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Can't disagree with any of this. I've been saying he's a one-trick-pony since the Summer of 2019. He has done nothing...nada...zilch to expand his game in the five years he's been on the payroll, but seems to have made remarkable strides in expanding his waistline. He's lazy, either can't or won't play a lick of defense, pouty, and his maturity on (and off) the court is sketchy (I'm being extraordinarily kind here).

The criticism he's drawn from National commentators recently is well-placed and well-deserved. Being critiqued by someone sitting behind a computer screen is one thing...but when it comes from one of your own (some Hall of Famers) it's a whole other matter.

Finally, you are right:

"You would almost have to build a perfect team just to compensate on his weaknesses"

Problem is: There is no such thing as a 'perfect team'.
    I just want them to make any trade that needs to be done to get Trey into the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    If Ja gets reffed the same way for the rest of the year, they may not lose a game.
    Agree. He got at least 2 bail out calls when he slipped or traveled.

I just want them to make any trade that needs to be done to get Trey into the starting lineup.
    I'm afraid we are boxed in by his contract and his trade value has never been lower. Nobody will take on that monster contract, but if you can find someone who will...dump him.

We may just have to cut ties per the terms of his contract and get nothing in return.

Say what we will about Anthony Davis...he showed up every night on the court (and he had far less to work with).

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'm afraid we are boxed in by his contract and his trade value has never been lower. Nobody will take on that monster contract, but if you can find someone who will...dump him.

We may just have to cut ties per the terms of his contract and get nothing in return.

Say what we will about Anthony Davis...he showed up every night on the court (and he had far less to work with).
    I’d trade Zion for AD right now and never look back. The Pels built a great roster around Zion in which they could never fully do around Jrue and AD. Zion is a role player and that’s about all he will ever be if all he can do is barrel into the paint and pray the ref blows the whistle every time he misses the layup.

I’d trade Zion for AD right now and never look back. The Pels built a great roster around Zion in which they could never fully do around Jrue and AD. Zion is a role player and that’s about all he will ever be if all he can do is barrel into the paint and pray the ref blows the whistle every time he misses the layup.
    Again...I can't disagree.

She is back too. We opened a can of worms with that loss last night. Memphis is going to rise and here comes Moriah

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...ketball-career
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-20-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    She is back too. We opened a can of worms with that loss last night. Memphis is going to rise and here comes Moriah

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...ketball-career
    My God that women is gross.
    I can only imagine the hail damage she has on those butt cheeks.

That was after a foul he was mad at refs not at willie...

At least we got some help tonight. Lakers, Rockets and Mavs all lost.

Ja Morant is everything we wanted from Zion . We have yet to see it.

Thread Information