Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 16-11

Pelicans December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 16-11

Interesting game, this.

On the one hand, it's the Grizzlies, who are 6-19, have the league's worst offense, and who haven't won a game in almost 2 weeks. And they're still missing Marcus Smart, D Rose, Steven Adams, and Brandon Clarke, all of whom are out - even Bismack is doubtful.

On the other hand, Ja Morant returns, and if there's anyone who can help their offensive struggles it's going to be an all-star point guard, right? Normally you'd assume there might be a bit of rust integrating someone into the team this late in the season, with so many pieces missing, but it's also fair to point out that their entire offense was built around him so putting him back is more like righting the ship. Plus, it is typical Pels fashion for a returning player to be excellent against US and then experience rust next game instead.

Our own injury report is a bit unusual today:

- Zion Williamson is questionable due to Non-COVID illness
    - Naji Marshall has been upgraded from questionable to probable with a right ankle sprain.

Other than that, it's as usual; Nance, Liddell, etc, out. Kira with the Squadron.

Tonight should be a statement win. Returning home from a successful road trip, the Grizzlies are still weakened and we have the guys - Herb and Dyson - who should be able to make Ja's return very difficult for him. There is no reason to let the buzz surrounding his return impact our play. The Pels need to keep the foot on the gas here, whether Zion plays or not.

5th win in a row needs to happen. Guys need to be serious.

Let's see if they do it.
    Basketball.

I will add that if Zion is out, I want Trey to start, not Dyson.

If Dyson starts, Jaren Jackson will just sit in the paint and never move. Why would he? Need more than one shooter.

This is one of the games, even if we are favourites, i wouldn't be so mad if we lose. Ja is back and he will be motivated as it gets.
    That said, would be nice to have 5 game win-streak. We are playing at home much better and i hope we can use that to continue win streak.

Feed the Lithuanian!!!

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    This is one of the games, even if we are favourites, i wouldn't be so mad if we lose. Ja is back and he will be motivated as it gets.
    That said, would be nice to have 5 game win-streak. We are playing at home much better and i hope we can use that to continue win streak.
    I would.

He's back, but the team around him is still fatally flawed in a million ways. There's no way a team with aspirations like ours should bow out to them, even with Ja. I don't care how motivated he is. He's not in Memphis, the crowd shouldn't be on his side, and if they are, they suck.

A loss, if it happens, in a close game where both Ja and JJJ go off? Okay, I don't like it, but I can accept it, given a little bit of time.
    A clear loss, where the Grizz just win without their stars going nuclear? Unacceptable.

There are some games you just have to win if you're a serious team. Games against 6-19 opponents at home are included in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would.

He's back, but the team around him is still fatally flawed in a million ways. There's no way a team with aspirations like ours should bow out to them, even with Ja. I don't care how motivated he is. He's not in Memphis, the crowd shouldn't be on his side, and if they are, they suck.

A loss, if it happens, in a close game where both Ja and JJJ go off? Okay, I don't like it, but I can accept it, given a little bit of time.
    A clear loss, where the Grizz just win without their stars going nuclear? Unacceptable.

There are some games you just have to win if you're a serious team. Games against 6-19 opponents at home are included in that category.
    This....I agree with!!!

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

Basketball Guru
    the pels should drop 130 tonight....im 100% positive that i will leave the game very happy tonight.. it should be a beatdown from start to finish...

go pels..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the pels should drop 130 tonight....im 100% positive that i will leave the game very happy tonight.. it should be a beatdown from start to finish...

go pels..
    I assume JJJ will guard JV; so what do we do? Make him work; feed the Lithuanian. Never mind his numbers; it's been our ticket to success in December.

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Zion ain't available lol.

2 fouls already.

My god Trey murphy's defense/box out is horrible.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Horrible boxing out by TM3 to give up a rebound off a missed free throw.

lol this is why BI will never be an all-star.

Black and White when it comes to games.

Super star in one game.

Will shoot 4-16 in another game.

Is it just me or refs are killing us?

I have a feeling Dyson is going to be huge tonight.

Looks like the refs are hell bent on being garbage tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Is it just me or refs are killing us?
    Yep

2 early fouls on Zion that they would never usually call, a complete bogus call on BI, it's happening.

NBA sent out the message: Ja is intended to win his return game.

I feel like we won't win this game.

Let me get my daily, "I wish this team trades for CP3" post in.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I feel like we won't win this game.
    JV is the only one having success on offense... BI inefficient, CJ giving us nothing so far, Z benched in foul trouble. It looks like we are scrambling on both ends of the court. If this keeps up we definitely won't. One of our big 3 needs to put their stamp on it

STOP freaking living with BI's mid range. It is not good.

Jose giving us what we need. Pushing the ball up the court with pace and getting a transition bucket

Thread Information