Pelicans Report

Thread: Team deer in the headlights

Pelicans Team deer in the headlights

Looked like the lights were too big for the guys. Team still young and this experience should bode well for them. First time for all our parts on the big stage. They know now what the atmosphere will be like. Have to crawl and walk before you can run. We were exposed and humbled which is a good thing. Now they can work on the shortcomings and hurt egos.

Big Baby 2.0 will never be able to handle the criticism he's getting from national media. He's been privileged and spared negative reviews of his game his whole life. While I acknowledge it could fuel him with the fire to take his craft seriously, I truly believe he will fold like a lawn chair. I truly hope I'm wrong, but other than his raw, God-given talent, what evidence do we have to the contrary?

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Big Baby 2.0 will never be able to handle the criticism he's getting from national media. He's been privileged and spared negative reviews of his game his whole life. While I acknowledge it could fuel him with the fire to take his craft seriously, I truly believe he will fold like a lawn chair. I truly hope I'm wrong, but other than his raw, God-given talent, what evidence do we have to the contrary?

Should have tanked last season for the Frenchman . Now we got him in our division for years to come.

I’m glad it happened in a tournament that is relatively pointless and not the postseason. There are some serious questions that need to be addressed whether it be coaching, attitude, etc. If the players are not inspired to come out and play on a national stage like that, blow this team up. It will only get worse in the postseason if it isn’t addressed. If they are scared, that is another massive concern. How does the coach not have them prepared to come out in a game like that? It’s not like we lack veterans with postseason experience. CJ and Jonas are very good players that have been there. All of this needs to be addressed immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m glad it happened in a tournament that is relatively pointless and not the postseason. There are some serious questions that need to be addressed whether it be coaching, attitude, etc. If the players are not inspired to come out and play on a national stage like that, blow this team up. It will only get worse in the postseason if it isn’t addressed. If they are scared, that is another massive concern. How does the coach not have them prepared to come out in a game like that? It’s not like we lack veterans with postseason experience. CJ and Jonas are very good players that have been there. All of this needs to be addressed immediately.
    We won the first quarter. The issue was not that we didn't come out to play, it's that they made a million shots and we pretty much laid down after we got down big.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

They are roasting him too. Everywhere I look has been Zion slander and he’s deserved it. Never seen someone loathe so much about everything on the court. Just acts like he’s forced to be out there 90% of the time. I saw a clip where he didn’t know who to guard yesterday many times and it led to 3s.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 12-08-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    the difference maker in that game was clearly Lebron. His intensity level in comparison to Zion is what jumps out. Idk if it's because of Z not having the conditioning, or the mentality, or both, but Lebron put on a masterclass and demonstrated to Zion what it means to be a champion.

It also can be age difference and experience. Lebron has x yrs against our team as a whole. Trey, Z, Herb, Jose and Dyson are all 24 or younger. Just stating.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240112_102401.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	6661

Don't you love it? Small market teams NO and OKC are schooling the 'big dogs'. We are prominently positioned in the......

"THE QUANDRANT OF WOW"!!!

Something to consider, though.....

I wonder where OUR offense would rank if we weren't getting a bushel full of points over turnovers over the last 10 games.

I love it a lot! Both teams I've been following and rooting for as well. While the big market teams are in a blame game within themselves, makes it even better.

Turnovers leads to easy points so that definitely helps, but we also have moved the ball well and have been hitting our 3 ball during our wins. Simply, it's a beautiful sight to see and hopefully it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I love it a lot! Both teams I've been following and rooting for as well. While the big market teams are in a blame game within themselves, makes it even better.

Turnovers leads to easy points so that definitely helps, but we also have moved the ball well and have been hitting our 3 ball during our wins. Simply, it's a beautiful sight to see and hopefully it continues.
    No doubt!! Our whole game is coming together.

Despite the refs screwing us. Found this article that shows we have the second highest percentage of blown calls going against us in the last 2 minutes of close games

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-fact-or...194545306.html

Thread Information