Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: General Offseason News

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Random post but watching the Saints preseason game and hearing Joel's voice is like therapy.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Sounds like BI is falling off on the National team. Losing minutes to other players and not doing much when he is on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Sounds like BI is falling off on the National team. Losing minutes to other players and not doing much when he is on the floor.
    Shocker.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Interview with former Pels/Hornets FO exec Dan Purcell.
    https://youtu.be/wgBI0pbslCU

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    To me that is just more opportunity for him to get hurt and pointless for us so I’ll gladly take less wear and tear. Hopefully he isn’t becoming disillusioned with basketball though as some players go through that from time to time. We need he and Zion at their best.

Heard BI lost his starting spot on Team USA. It’s a bit troubling. The problem with BI is his style of play is too ISO, which isn’t going to play well when he’s playing with other stars. Unfortunately that doesn’t bode well with him being a good fit with Zion.

Rookie
    We should bring in Hollis Jefferson. He is looking like a Kobe clone.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    We should bring in Hollis Jefferson. He is looking like a Kobe clone.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Random post but watching the Saints preseason game and hearing Joel's voice is like therapy.
    Now people can realize who BI really is. He is really good at taking and making bad shots. But they are still bad shots, inefficient ball stoping shots. If this team wants to do anything, we need Zion to be clear #1 option.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Having a healthy Zion will give BI more space. I’m sure we’ll also stagger them as much as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Now people can realize who BI really is. He is really good at taking and making bad shots. But they are still bad shots, inefficient ball stoping shots. If this team wants to do anything, we need Zion to be clear #1 option.
    Yall just get on here and type any silly arse thing huh?

Tweet below jibes with what I've been saying (and forced to argue) when BI is on the floor. Clearly isnt being used in that role for fiba, for better or worse. He's barely shot or handled the ball at all.

But instead of wasting time explaining the dynamics of fiba play vs the nba, I'll just leave the tweet.

Last edited by luckyman; 09-01-2023 at 06:43 PM.

Haters hate, so hate away.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Tweet below jibes with what I've been saying (and forced to argue) when BI is on the floor. Clearly isnt being used in that role for fiba, for better or worse. He's barely shot or handled the ball at all.

But instead of wasting time explaining the dynamics of fiba play vs the nba, I'll just leave the tweet.

Makes you wonder then why he keeps jacking up long 2's.

You can always find some stat where player is overachieving. Reallity is that he is jacking long 2's too much and playing below average defense. If he was that good as you guys think, wouldn't he be able to carry this team to playoffs then? It's not like our role players are awfull...

While other teams are driving, drawing fouls and shoting 3's we are playing old style basketball with Ingram and CJ jacking up long 2's. This team can only go as far as Zion takes them since he playes efficient basketball. If Zion is injured we can only be a play-in team.

You can always find some stat where player is overachieving. Reallity is that he is jacking long 2's too much and playing below average defense. If he was that good as you guys think, wouldn't he be able to carry this team to playoffs then? It's not like our role players are awfull...

While other teams are driving, drawing fouls and shoting 3's we are playing old style basketball with Ingram and CJ jacking up long 2's. This team can only go as far as Zion takes them since he playes efficient basketball. If Zion is injured we can only be a play-in team.
    This logically makes no sense. If all a player does is jack inefficient long 2s, then why would the NBA double-team/triple team said player at such a high rate? 10th highest in the entire NBA?

This factually makes no sense because only 8% of his shots were, in fact, long 2s last year. CJ 14%.

I'm pretty sure, despite only playing 55 games 2 years ago (Zion playing ZERO), he did lead this team into the playoffs. That was with a bunch of rookies, half year of Josh Hart and a CJ addition in February.

I'm pretty sure, despite only playing 45 games last year (Zion a paltry 28), he damn near led this team back into the playoffs again with a winning 42-40 record. That was with a bunch of 2nd year players and a broken down CJ.

I'm not doing this retarded back and forth with people arguing with a bunch of bad faith non facts again. Have at it.
    Last edited by luckyman; 09-03-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    His skill at hitting contested long twos will be a great asset come important playoff games when defenses tighten up in big moments.

This logically makes no sense. If all a player does is jack inefficient long 2s, then why would the NBA double-team/triple team said player at such a high rate? 10th highest in the entire NBA?

This factually makes no sense because only 8% of his shots were, in fact, long 2s last year. CJ 14%.

I'm pretty sure, despite only playing 55 games 2 years ago (Zion playing ZERO), he did lead this team into the playoffs. That was with a bunch of rookies, half year of Josh Hart and a CJ addition in February.

I'm pretty sure, despite only playing 45 games last year (Zion a paltry 28), he damn near led this team back into the playoffs again with a winning 42-40 record. That was with a bunch of 2nd year players and a broken down CJ.

I'm not doing this retarded back and forth with people arguing with a bunch of bad faith non facts again. Have at it.
    Let him be, Lucky. He wants a guy who has played less than 38% of his teams games over his four year career to be 'the Man". Remember how 'The Enigma' has led the team to the multiple playoff berths? Me neither. Talkin' and doing are two different things. Brandon has. The other guy? Not so much.

With some, reason just doesn't work.

Enuff said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    His skill at hitting contested long twos will be a great asset come important playoff games when defenses tighten up in big moments.
    Exactly. He can make tough shots. Sometimes you are forced into those shots and he can take them and make them. It is an asset. If he was bad at them and taking them, I would understand the complaints. I would not be making a fuss over one of his best traits. If there was anything that discouraged me last year offensively it was that he was a little less clean handling the double teams and traps. I think the injury played a part in his struggles but it was noticeable.

BI gets demoted.

USA loses to Lithuania.

Kerr completely bungled that USA FIBA team. Sad to see my country lose but BI is vindicated in my book. Very poor showing from what should have been a great group.

Love to get Andreas Obst on Pelicans. We need shooting.

Top 5 trio? Sounds about right Greg Swartz, whoever you are.

Williamson, Ingram and McCollum have only logged a total of 335 possessions since coming together in February 2022, yet they have walloped opponents by nearly 20 points per 100 possessions in the process. When Williamson was lost for the season on Jan. 2, 2023, New Orleans was just a game out of first place in the West at 23-14 overall.
    The trio combined to average 71.6 points, 16.9 rebounds and 16.1 assists per game in 2022-23, with three-point averages ranging from 36.8 to 39.0 percent. There's enough offensive firepower here to carry New Orleans to the NBA Finals, and the defense with all three on the floor was at an elite level as well (104.1 rating, 99th percentile).
    Naturally, the NBA champion Denver Nuggets trio of Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray, and Aaron Gordon were No. 1 on the list. They were closely followed by the Phoenix Suns trio, then the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers respectively.
    https://www.si.com/nba/pelicans/bask...the-nbas-elite

It was a great semifinal...to see our Boys now in the final is so big for us here in Germany...Guys like D.Schrempf and clearly D.Nowitzki has opend the door for this Generation to play this great Sport that dont have a high standing here in Germany.

But as an longtime Basketball Fan... follow the NBA since the early 90s...its also a clear thing that if all countrys would start with the best Players, it would be a different Worldcup. So many NBA Players dont want play on that Tournament.
    I am sad about that. I know how hard a NBA season is and how important it is to stay healthy and that, but i would love to see more Superstars on this Cup to represent this great sport all 4 Years.

Any interest in the Pelicans signing Cam Payne? Pop is releasing him. He can't go directly back to Phoenix per the CBA.

Thread Information