Pelicans Report

Thread: Pels hire Borrego

Pelicans Pels hire Borrego

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

What's your thoughts?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Doesn't matter who's offensive philosophy we use we need to (relatively) consistently make open shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    What's your thoughts?
    Well, going into the off-season I think most of us agreed that other than the training staff/health situation, the biggest area of focus in terms of staffing/coaching was offensive - the defense was good last year regardless of our injuries, it was fine all year. So bringing in Borrego, who is widely regarded as a good offensive mind, is a good step forward in that.

He's also had several years of HC experience and many other years as an assistant so hopefully he brings a little bit more experience to the staff and might be able to help Green with some of his dodgy rotations/substitutions, though we'll see how far that goes.

Combine this with the Nelson move, I think the biggest thing to takeaway is that Griff wasn't just blowing smoke in the interviews at the end of the season when he said things weren't going well and needed change. He obviously believes that and is open to actually making attempts to fix things.That's a positive, I think.

Lol at Christian Clark Confirming the news from Woj like he's more official.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

James Borrego bring us the gift of actually shooting 3s and running stuff to open up Trey Murphy, please I beg of you

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I mean outside of his history here, is this a good move?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I mean outside of his history here, is this a good move?
    Biggest problem this team has had outside of health is that our offense is predictable and outdated.

Borrego was the HC of a team that ran a profoundly modern offense and had success in that field.

Seems like it makes sense to me - bring in the guys who know how to do the things you're struggling with.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Lol at Christian Clark Confirming the news from Woj like he's more official.....
    It is hilarious. I guess he wants so badly to be relevant.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Biggest problem this team has had outside of health is that our offense is predictable and outdated.

Borrego was the HC of a team that ran a profoundly modern offense and had success in that field.

Seems like it makes sense to me - bring in the guys who know how to do the things you're struggling with.
    yep, and a very, very good hire in my opinion.... just need to keep from moving while setting many screens....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information