Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion and Jonas for CP3 and Deandre Atyon

Zion and Jonas for CP3 and Deandre Atyon

Since it’s that time of the year to speculate on trades that will never happen, what about this one? Zion and Jonas for CP3 and Ayton. Basically trading two first overall picks that have been a little disappointing, and trading two vets. Trading CP3’s recent injury history with Zion’s constant injury history. Trading a player with a known ceiling in Ayton, with a player with an unknown ceiling, in Zion whose injury history may keep him from ever realizing his full potential. Would we do it? Would Phoenix do it?

Why would we do it? Terrible trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    That's a big no thanks from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Since it’s that time of the year to speculate on trades that will never happen, what about this one? Zion and Jonas for CP3 and Ayton. Basically trading two first overall picks that have been a little disappointing, and trading two vets. Trading CP3’s recent injury history with Zion’s constant injury history. Trading a player with a known ceiling in Ayton, with a player with an unknown ceiling, in Zion whose injury history may keep him from ever realizing his full potential. Would we do it? Would Phoenix do it?
    Yeah, I love the idea of a broken down 38 yo point guard growing with the youth on this team. Tell me; if CP3(8) couldn't ride on the coattails of Booker, Durant, and Ayton. what makes you think an older CP3 would fit better with BI, 3M3, and Ayton?

On the other hand, surely, PHX would make your proposed trade in a nano-second.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yeah, I love the idea of a broken down 38 yo point guard growing with the youth on this team. Tell me; if CP3(8) couldn't ride on the coattails of Booker, Durant, and Ayton. what makes you think an older CP3 would fit better with BI, 3M3, and Ayton?

On the other hand, surely, PHX would make your proposed trade in a nano-second.
    The trade is basically Ayton for Zion. Jonas is thrown in because PHX would need a replacement for Ayton, and Ayton and Jonas would be redundant. CP3 would be thrown in to help with veteran leadership with the team, and the fact that he plays well with Ayton.

So the question is, have we given up on Zion being able to play an NBA schedule given his injury history, and thus replace him with someone we can rely on to suit up and still give us decent numbers and perhaps better defense. Or are we still holding out hope that Zion’s injury issues are a thing of the past, and we’ll get the guy who was on pace to have an MVP type of year prior to his injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    The trade is basically Ayton for Zion. Jonas is thrown in because PHX would need a replacement for Ayton, and Ayton and Jonas would be redundant. CP3 would be thrown in to help with veteran leadership with the team, and the fact that he plays well with Ayton.

So the question is, have we given up on Zion being able to play an NBA schedule given his injury history, and thus replace him with someone we can rely on to suit up and still give us decent numbers and perhaps better defense. Or are we still holding out hope that Zion’s injury issues are a thing of the past, and we’ll get the guy who was on pace to have an MVP type of year prior to his injury?
    If Ayton is the best you think you can get for Zion, we are in trouble. Ayton is a nice player, but not a defender and not worth his contract. Pass.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I am glad this bored can stand united with a big HELL NO to this idea

Yall gotta wait at least 8 hours after you last snort to post these trade ideas.

Cocaine being stepped on with anything these days.

Weed done got too legal. Cafeful out there OP.

Thread Information