Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blazers looking to trade #3

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Blazers looking to trade #3

Would you consider it? We could take whoever is left out of Scoot or Miller at #3, then at #14 we could take Lively for rim protection or go BPA. Portland does it as a dice roll that Zion stays healthy and to be competitive in Lillard's twilight years. Cam was just a throw in to make money work in their generator. The main framework is Sharpe + pick 3 FOR Zion.

Last edited by donato; 05-17-2023 at 09:05 PM.

I wouldn't do that.

I also wouldn't draft Miller at 3 but that's another question entirely.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Would you consider it? We could take whoever is left out of Scoot or Miller at #3, then at #14 we could take Lively for rim protection or go BPA. Portland does it as a dice roll that Zion stays healthy and to be competitive in Lillard's twilight years. Cam was just a throw in to make money work in their generator. The main framework is Sharpe + pick 3 FOR Zion.

Not a chance

Not tied to Zion or BI.

Would trade preferably BI for Simons and the 3rd pick tbh
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If I’m Portland I’m trading Dame and getting this rebuild started. Simons, Sharpe and whoever I take at 3 will be a nice foundation.

Yes, I would definitely do a trade if Scoot is still available. To not do it would be foolhardy in my opinion. Pelicans get to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here: solve the Zion issue and get a potential premier PG since McGollum is not one.
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-24-2023 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL1947 View Post
    Yes, I would definitely do it if Scoot is still available. To not do it would be foolhardy in my opinion. Pelicans get to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here: solve the Zion issue and get a potential premier PG since McGollum is not one.
    McGollum certainly has his flaws but I think his relentless determination for the ring is admirable and something that hopefully rubs off on the rest of the team.

Can someone explain to me why we seem to have collectively decided to call CJ McCollum ''McGollum'' now? Have I missed something?

He's not Gollum-esque at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    McGollum certainly has his flaws but I think his relentless determination for the ring is admirable and something that hopefully rubs off on the rest of the team.
    That's fair and I agree with you. He is one of the better veterans in the league at leading by example. I'm not saying that McGollum needs to be traded, only that he is not a lead playmaking PG cause he's more of an SG or combo guard... and he probably needs a different role on this team (i.e., leading the 2nd unit).
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-19-2023 at 04:57 AM.

Yes, I would definitely do it if Scoot is still available. To not do it would be foolhardy in my opinion. Pelicans get to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here: solve the Zion issue and get a potential premier PG since McGollum is not one.
    mccollum is definitely terrible at the position we force him in. Its very detrimental to our team.
    I'm a grinder

Why will you not spell his name correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If I’m Portland I’m trading Dame and getting this rebuild started. Simons, Sharpe and whoever I take at 3 will be a nice foundation.
    Agree.

For sure Portland should trade Lillard. The point is, if they're dead set on trading #3 instead, what you would be willing to do, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why will you not spell his name correctly?
    Cause I have a lisp, and that is how I pronounce it.

Just kidding, I think it's funny and he has been Gollum-esque about securing his bag. Told y'all it would be a mistake signing him to $30M+ per season. You now have $100M tied up in Zion, McCollum and BI... and only BI is worth what he's being paid.
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-19-2023 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    mccollum is definitely terrible at the position we force him in. Its very detrimental to our team.
    Tbf, we would much prefer Point Zion. I'm sure we went into the season thinking the three people handling the ball most would be Zion, BI, and then even Jose before CJ. We should just add a sitewide disclaimer to all CJ posts this off-season that the plan was to have him play off the ball more but he stepped up with long term injuries happening to both BI and Zion and then even Jose went down......and that CJ was playing injured for a lot of it.

CJ is still a great #3 if we can ever get our top 2 playing consistently. But planning for the future is never a bad thing.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-19-2023 at 05:12 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

CJ is still a great #3 if we can ever get our top 2 playing consistently. But planning for the future is never a bad thing.
    The next time you see CJ play defense will be the first time you see him play defense. He's awful.

For sure Portland should trade Lillard. The point is, if they're dead set on trading #3 instead, what you would be willing to do, if anything.
    I'd trade either Dame or the #3... I'm not trading both. If Dame is traded I'm taking either Scoot or Brandon Miller... whichever didn't go #2 because you need either.

I'd trade either Dame or the #3... I'm not trading both. If Dame is traded I'm taking either Scoot or Brandon Miller... whichever didn't go #2 because you need either.
    You misread it. It's from the Pels perspective as to whether or not you would want to trade for the 3.

You misread it. It's from the Pels perspective as to whether or not you would want to trade for the 3.
    My bad…. Nah if I’m the Pels I’m not trading to #3. I think we have a “health” problem more than a “talent” problem, but we can definitely use a couple players to add to our roster. We need a rim protecting big that can move his feet because JV is a defensive liability. And we need another shooter or 2 that can defend.

I don’t think we should trade any players/assets to move up to 3 because neither Scoot nor Miller gives us knock down shooting nor rim protection.

My bad…. Nah if I’m the Pels I’m not trading to #3. I think we have a “health” problem more than a “talent” problem, but we can definitely use a couple players to add to our roster. We need a rim protecting big that can move his feet because JV is a defensive liability. And we need another shooter or 2 that can defend.

I don’t think we should trade any players/assets to move up to 3 because neither Scoot nor Miller gives us knock down shooting nor rim protection.
    If we have a "health" problem then maybe we should trade some of the players with health problems. It's also an "intangibles " problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    If we have a "health" problem then maybe we should trade some of the players with health problems. It's also an "intangibles " problem as well.
    Agreed.

Zion for #2 (draft Scoot) makes so much sense for the Pels. Scoot has the intangibles.

It would only make sense for the Hornets if Zion loses a lot of weight, then stays healthy and has a long career.

Additionally...

A BI-Zion duo needs a PG who can play-make + shoot the three + defend. That is 3 things needed from 1 player. Not easy to find.

On the other hand... a Scoot-BI duo needs a PF who can shoot the three + defend. Easier to find. The Pels even have two players already on the roster who could play that role, LNJ and Herb.

Furthermore.....

I see the Hornets being more inclined to trade for Zion since he is from N Carolina, and he is on Lamelo Ball's time-line.

I am not sure if the Blazers and Dame will want to trade for Zion and put their desired title-hopes on his ability to be available. I could see them trying for Jaylen Brown, OG Anunoby or Siakam instead; players who can be counted on more. On the other hand, BigFoot did spend some time in Portland last year, didn't he? So maybe he has made some connections at their team... who knows?

Btw, I think Portland will not send #3 and Sharpe for Zion. They will send #3 and Simons instead.
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-24-2023 at 12:32 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I?d trade BI for 3 and Simons, and I love BI. But I don?t think we?ll get a better deal than that and this team doesn?t have a large enough sample size of success to feel good about where their cap sheet is headed. This resets the luxury tax clock a bit and that absolutely has to be on Griff?s mind with Herb and Trey needing to get slotted into the cap sheet.

Simons is an excellent fit with Zion. And either Scoot or Miller would fit as well with All NBA ceilings.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I?d trade BI for 3 and Simons, and I love BI. But I don?t think we?ll get a better deal than that and this team doesn?t have a large enough sample size of success to feel good about where their cap sheet is headed. This resets the luxury tax clock a bit and that absolutely has to be on Griff?s mind with Herb and Trey needing to get slotted into the cap sheet.

Simons is an excellent fit with Zion. And either Scoot or Miller would fit as well with All NBA ceilings.
    Simons would be a great get, but not at the expense of BI (unless multiple 1st are included). BI is still only 25.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don’t have any issues at all with BI. I just think the team is further along from a contracts coming due relative to salary cap standpoint than they are as an actual basketball team ready to contend. I want to keep Herb and Trey. I think Simons is a great young prospect that can either be kept or flipped. I don’t know if Miller or Scoot will reach their potential, but they are both outstanding prospects and reset the team building clock around Zion, Trey, and Herb.

Thread Information