Pelicans Report

Thread: If Scoot to CHA, Trade for Rozier?

If Scoot to CHA, Trade for Rozier?

What would Pels have to give up?

Our dignity, I think, would be the biggest sacrifice.
    Basketball.

Would be difficult to match his contract. Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lol

His contract makes it a definite pass. $75M left including 2023-24 season. Not only will it be difficult to match for a trade, but he does not play up to it either, and he will be hard to move off at a later time because of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Haha, nice.

Lol, you guys shot down my buy-low suggestion on Brogdon suggestion last year, now shooting down buy-low opps on proven NBA players in Ayton or Rozier.

Rozier is an solid, skilled NBA player, at a position we desperately need. Worried about "our dignity"!? lol we lost that when we embarrassed ourselves the second half of the year and fell flat on our face losing the play-in game to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Lol, you guys shot down my buy-low suggestion on Brogdon suggestion last year, now shooting down buy-low opps on proven NBA players in Ayton or Rozier.

Rozier is an solid, skilled NBA player, at a position we desperately need. Worried about "our dignity"!? lol we lost that when we embarrassed ourselves the second half of the year and fell flat on our face losing the play-in game to OKC.
    Explain how we would acquire him. How do we match his $23.2 million salary?

Hayes s/t (something like 2/20), and filler, e.g.Willy and Kira. Can take back 125% of what is sent out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Hayes s/t (something like 2/20), and filler, e.g.Willy and Kira. Can take back 125% of what is sent out.
    That doesn't come close salary wise. Adding Kira or someone else just makes it worse.

Jaxson would be 10, Kira is 5.7, and Willy is 2.5. That's 18.2, 125% of which is 22.75. Rozier is 23.5.

Trade machine says it works as is, but regardless, that potential 750k could be tacked on Jaxson's new contract.

I guess my overall point is that the roster needs to lose fringe guys and projects, and bring in a bonafide nba player, and is worth losing the Milwaukee 2025 1st

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Jaxson would be 10, Kira is 5.7, and Willy is 2.5. That's 18.2, 125% of which is 22.75. Rozier is 23.5.

Trade machine says it works as is, but regardless, that potential 750k could be tacked on Jaxson's new contract.

I guess my overall point is that the roster needs to lose fringe guys and projects, and bring in a bonafide nba player, and is worth losing the Milwaukee 2025 1st
    My bad. I don't know what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    My bad. I don't know what I was thinking.
    Not a fan of Rozier. He is a chucker on a bad team. Not sure we need any more small guards. Whose playing time does he take? Granted, Hayes, Kira and Willy would not be missed and if the 1st was well protected, we would not be giving up much. Just don't think he is worth his contract and making that trade would push us close to, if not into the tax area. He would not be worth paying the tax.

Thread Information