Pelicans Report

Thread: Ja for Zion?

Hall of Famer

Pelicans Ja for Zion?

who says no

We were just talking about this yesterday in our fantasy football text thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    who says no
    Before all of Ja's recent issues (and apparent unwillingness to change), I would have said the Grizzlies would say no. Now, the Pelicans may say no. Morant is such a talented player and seems to be pissing it away.

Let's roll the dice and trade Cj, Daniels, and picks for Morant. Him and Zion have said they want to play together. Maybe this could be the way to make it happen.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    Let's roll the dice and trade Cj, Daniels, and picks for Morant. Him and Zion have said they want to play together. Maybe this could be the way to make it happen.
    That would be sick. I'm all for it!!!

I would say no to Zion straight up for Ja.

Ja has that same stat padding MVP winner that will never win a championship aura around him that Harden, Westbrook, and AI had.

No thanks.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Being able to swap Zion for Ja Morant is an easy YES... or it should be, since Morant has unexpectedly come to a buy-low scenario that should reverse itself soon... whereas Zion is a perpetual health disaster and injury risk.
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-16-2023 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL1947 View Post
    Being able to swap Zion for Ja Morant is an easy YES... or it should be, since Morant has unexpectedly come to a buy-low scenario that should reverse itself soon... whereas Zion is a perpetual health disaster and injury risk.
    What tells you that Ja's issues will reverse themselves?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Obviously it’s bc there’s no gangs in New Orleans.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Seriously. I'd bet on Zion overcoming issues over Ja being stupid again. Besides, if they're both healthy, Zion is clearly the cheat code. That being said, if I could pry Ja, I'd go all in.

Well, I said "should reverse" and not "will reverse". The hope should be that Ja will mature mentally as he ages, instead of remaining an idiot... which is more likely to happen at this time (but is not guaranteed) than Zion's knees holding up as he ages while carrying all that weight.

By the way, is liposuction an allowed treatment for athletes? If I were Zion, I would do that and hope it allows him to get a jump start into staying healthy and lean. He should not worry about the optics but should worry about losing that weight quick before it does more damage to him. If I were Dave Griffin, I would sign Zion up for it and have the organization pay for it.
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-17-2023 at 07:47 AM.

This is a top ten most unhinged thread. All the evidence that we currently have says that Ja is so much better and will continue to be better than Zion ever will be even if he continues to be an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    This is a top ten most unhinged thread. All the evidence that we currently have says that Ja is so much better and will continue to be better than Zion ever will be even if he continues to be an idiot.
    He would have to avoid suspensions to do so and there is the thought that he could face a very lengthy one this time.

Basketball Guru
    He would have to avoid suspensions to do so and there is the thought that he could face a very lengthy one this time.
    its all the same with those two...ja suspension...zion games that he's going to miss.....

even trade lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I mean, that's just flat out not true.

The argument for Ja over Zion is entirely health based. When both are playing, Zion is more impactful player.

I get that Ja shoots threes and jaws a lot mid-game, so it kinda looks like he's doing more, but Zion is very comparable in most impact metrics to Ja and better in several of them, as well as being more efficient overall.

Preferring Ja over Zion because of health/availability or positional preference (guards have an advantage in today's game) is entirely fair, but the idea that he's ''so much better'' in some kind of abstract totalising way is just not based on reality.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, that's just flat out not true.

The argument for Ja over Zion is entirely health based. When both are playing, Zion is more impactful player.

I get that Ja shoots threes and jaws a lot mid-game, so it kinda looks like he's doing more, but Zion is very comparable in most impact metrics to Ja and better in several of them, as well as being more efficient overall.

Preferring Ja over Zion because of health/availability or positional preference (guards have an advantage in today's game) is entirely fair, but the idea that he's ''so much better'' in some kind of abstract totalising way is just not based on reality.
    And while I'd certainly take Ja's injury history over Zion's, his size and playing style don't exactly spell out a durable and long lasting career. Obviously could change how he plays but the ground is undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL1947 View Post
    Well, I said "should reverse" and not "will reverse". The hope should be that Ja will mature mentally as he ages, instead of remaining an idiot... which is more likely to happen at this time (but is not guaranteed) than Zion's knees holding up as he ages while carrying all that weight.

By the way, is liposuction an allowed treatment for athletes? If I were Zion, I would do that and hope it allows him to get a jump start into staying healthy and lean. He should not worry about the optics but should worry about losing that weight quick before it does more damage to him. If I were Dave Griffin, I would sign Zion up for it and have the organization pay for it.
    Why do surgery when ozempic is cheaper and non-invasive? /s

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Obviously it’s bc there’s no gangs in New Orleans.
    Buncha kids riding bikes and smashing windows. Nothing to see here except a four-wheeler riding down the wrong way of the one way road.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Buncha kids riding bikes and smashing windows. Nothing to see here except a four-wheeler riding down the wrong way of the one way road.
    Little bird told me that not too long back a certain large Pels superstar who wasn't feeling like himself was seen gunning four-wheelers in his neighborhood with his crew, upsetting the block. Some in-person fence mending had to be done the next day...

Thread Information