Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Play-In Game One - New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Hall of Famer
    Letting lu dort score 27 ...

I'm not going to overreact. But making the playoffs as an 8th seed this year was pointless.

They've got massive issues to fix with this roster.

When your best players are injury prone, you unfortunately have to build the deepest team in the history of sports.

Griff has his work cut out and they need all the help they can get.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Willie Green might be the worst coach in the league. No exaggeration. Can you think of anyone worse?
    Silas on the rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Silas on the rockets
    ?? That was an obvious rebuild job. He's going to be hired again pretty quickly.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    ?? That was an obvious rebuild job. He's going to be hired again pretty quickly.
    No he isnt he's really bad

No structure on offense at all

You can rebuild and look somewhat competent. I'm not talking win and loses.

Rockets players look clue less

Even John wall said the coaching is awful

Shame that's how the season ends. Time to wait for next season and see how things are.

Griff is a big part of the problem. His moves have been horrible esp hiring a young coach and the handling of Zion has been disgusting to where it now looks like Zion has the organization over a barrel. My opinion is he wants out and by his lack of effort while here will force the Pels to move him as his value has diminished. And Griff has let this go on from day 1. His lack of conditioning should have been addressed day 1. Fire Griff now!

Rookie
    Fire Coach Green….we shouldn’t need Zion to beat OKC. Rotations were horrible and we didn’t take advantage of the size discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    Griff is a big part of the problem. His moves have been horrible esp hiring a young coach and the handling of Zion has been disgusting to where it now looks like Zion has the organization over a barrel. My opinion is he wants out and by his lack of effort while here will force the Pels to move him as his value has diminished. And Griff has let this go on from day 1. His lack of conditioning should have been addressed day 1. Fire Griff now!
    100% agree
    I'm a grinder

Basketball Guru
    things happen for a reason...the damn pick just might turn into something good...

I have to say, while obviously I'm not pleased, I'm not a big fan of this portion of the year where all the hot takes come out.

My predictions for the next hot takes will be that someone is going to say we need to hire Jeff Van Gundy as a coach, and someone else will say we need to try and bring Boogie back because he can shoot.
    Basketball.

Perfect way for this season to end. It really summed up how this season has been for us.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I have to say, while obviously I'm not pleased, I'm not a big fan of this portion of the year where all the hot takes come out.

My predictions for the next hot takes will be that someone is going to say we need to hire Jeff Van Gundy as a coach, and someone else will say we need to try and bring Boogie back because he can shoot.
    lol....dae, the board is not that far gone lol...

I'm refraining from saying the majority of this fanbase is downright pathetic when it comes to situations like this.

I'm used to this. Team had too many issues, onto next year. I'll give Willie next year to fix these mistakes.

Cheer up, I want Nikola Mirotic. He's only 32. LOL

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    Guys, I think it’s time to realize Zion’s step daddy who is advising him wants him out of NO. They took the max deal for the money with every intention of asking out at first opportunity. By sitting out now when physically able to play, they are hoping Pels will be amenable to moving him sooner rather than later. The guy is a big baby. He won’t work to get into shape and stay in shape. What a failure as a professional athlete. He takes the money but refuses to put in the time and work to maximize his value.

You are right ! Alvarado was also eligible to resume basketball activities and didn’t play. Let’s get rid of him also, but let’s fire Coach green 1st. Because we shouldn’t need Zion to beat Okc and the rotations were horrible.

Another game and another disappointment. We just gave up in our house 123 points to OKC - I know that SGA is a All-Star but We just let Lu Dort scores 27 points … yes - 27 ! And another 31 to Giddey?? Bad defence , way to many offensive rebounds and bad tournovers … BI needs some help - so let’s use those f…. Picks Griff!!! It’s Time to make a BIG move in Summer break.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Man that had to be one of the most disappointing seasons of all time. I learned never to have expectations of this organization.

I sympathise to some extent because no coach is going to have an easy year when both of their best players miss 40+ games and they have multiple other players in and out of the rotation with ailments and injuries, and of course that is exacerbated by being a young coach without a ton of experience.

But what I can't grasp about him is why he takes 30, 40, even 50 games to realise things that everyone else realises within 5. Every adjustment has to be clawed from him, tooth and nail. It's like he plans his lineups, rotations, and playbook in September and tries as hard as he can to avoid changing any of it for as long as he humanly can stand it.
    While I sympathize to an extent as well he still had enough to work with to get the bare minimum done and he didn?t do it. What hurt Willie more than anything is he let things get completely out of control after that Nets game and allowed the players to down tools for a sizable portion of the season. For a coach who?s MO as a motivator that is a tad concerning. Some of his lineups at times have me scratching my head as well. Sometimes he really struggles to adjust on time and it costs us. Other (more experienced coaches to be fair) would have gotten the victories necessary to secure safety in a very even West.

As you said part of it is a systematic problem. He doesn?t use Jonas properly. Even til this day I?m not sure what type of team he wants to build. It?s obvious that shooting is often a key to victory so maybe he should pick up on that by adding talent there in addition to TM3. I wish we had fired Gentry when we had the chance and hired Green to give him a fair four year new coach evaluation. But all in all Green fell short. There is no denying it for me

Thread Information