Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Play-In Game One - New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Hall of Famer
    remember when the pels were going to swap picks with the terrible lakers

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Tough end to the season. We fought hard there and had a chance but too much going against the Pelicans this game.

Refs giving Pelicans no respect at home
    CJ not hitting shots like CJ
    Jose and Nance replacements were a big drop off
    Star player “not feeling like himself”

Still feel this team has a super high ceiling we just didnt live up to the full potential this season.

Zion hope you get to feel like Zion again, loser

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    For some reason coach never plays JV at the end of games
    Pelicans are 27th in the NBA in clutch time rebounding and this is the primary reason why.

Willie Green refuses to use JV properly. It's a legitimate, systematic problem.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    We desperately need a smart point guard, an athletic big that can change shots, and someone to come off the bench who can shoot .400 from 3.
    You got your wish and the Pelicans lost, I bet you feel like celebrating

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    If Zion and Jose play we blow this team out.

No excuse why either of those guys are medically cleared and not playing.

I'm not going to call for a new coach because I'm one of those people who thinks that coaches can improve just like players can, and sophomore coaches who have dealt with masses of injury problems get a little bit of extra leeway.

But Green needs to seriously reconsider his assistants this summer, and next season he should be under extremely close inspection. He needs to decide what style he wants to play and he needs to

A) Inform the FO, so that the appropriate players can be moved/acquired
    B) Actually instill that philosophy in training camp

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    If Zion and Jose play we blow this team out.

No excuse why either of those guys are medically cleared and not playing.
    Zion said he isn't playing unless he feels 100 %

Zion not feeling like himself mentally to play in a must win game is a huge issue that we will never get full answers for. This is going to be a recurring issue.

Oh well.

Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pelicans are 27th in the NBA in clutch time rebounding and this is the primary reason why.

Willie Green refuses to use JV properly. It's a legitimate, systematic problem.
    You are right, dae. I'm sure JV could have won us between three to five more games just by being on the court in the fourth. Your numbers support this.

At least this pathetic ending to the season will force people to admit how bad the season went, instead of acting like they see a glimmer of a diamond shining within the steaming pile of poo

So do 27 teams in the league.

What we really need is a coaching staff that can actually identify advantages and use them instead of just letting players default to improv at all times.
    WG need some kind of offensive help an offensive guru coach that he will listen to. But that won't happen cause he's too stubborn. he's Monty lite

Had they won who would have been looking forward to Friday? BI hobbled. JV hobbled. CJ been hobbled half the year. Zion doing Zion things.

This was for the best. Lottery odds slotted for 12th or 13th now?

I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    For some reason coach never plays JV at the end of games
    They were working on JV's ankle no?

Hall of Famer
    Zion said today unless he feels 100 percent he isn't suiting up, not even in the pels biggeest game of the season

Anybody buying season tickets going forward for this is crazy

You can see it in the body language. Willy never even acknowledges JV when he's being subed-out. No 'Good job' or high-five. But when JV makes mistakes, Green is on his case stating the obvious. No love.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Zion not feeling like himself mentally to play in a must win game is a huge issue that we will never get full answers for. This is going to be a recurring issue.
    Live shot of Zion at home:

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    You can see it in the body language. Willy never even acknowledges JV when he's being subed-out. No 'Good job' or high-five. But when JV makes mistakes, Green is on his case stating the obvious. No love.
    Willie Green: ''I'm not about calling people out, I call people up.''

Willie Green when JV commits a foul:

Willie Green might be the worst coach in the league. No exaggeration. Can you think of anyone worse?

I have not been impressed with Willie for some time. He will really need to turn it around next year or he might be in trouble.

Willie was a better coach last yr and we were a better team last yr. We started awful and got better last yr BI missed 28 games last yr and we were still better. We start out on fire and BI goes out and we play ok til Z goes out. Even when BI comes back we are still not the same team we were without Z last yr. Green got worse and his buddy-buddy thing was not reaching the players and we played awful for a while. WG has to change things. And DG needs to make him change

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I have not been impressed with Willie for some time. He will really need to turn it around next year or he might be in trouble.
    I sympathise to some extent because no coach is going to have an easy year when both of their best players miss 40+ games and they have multiple other players in and out of the rotation with ailments and injuries, and of course that is exacerbated by being a young coach without a ton of experience.

But what I can't grasp about him is why he takes 30, 40, even 50 games to realise things that everyone else realises within 5. Every adjustment has to be clawed from him, tooth and nail. It's like he plans his lineups, rotations, and playbook in September and tries as hard as he can to avoid changing any of it for as long as he humanly can stand it.

Guys, I think it’s time to realize Zion’s step daddy who is advising him wants him out of NO. They took the max deal for the money with every intention of asking out at first opportunity. By sitting out now when physically able to play, they are hoping Pels will be amenable to moving him sooner rather than later. The guy is a big baby. He won’t work to get into shape and stay in shape. What a failure as a professional athlete. He takes the money but refuses to put in the time and work to maximize his value.

Thread Information