Pelicans Report

Thread: Jose Injury Update

Pelicans Jose Injury Update

Feels a bit strange to make a new thread for it but there wasn't any currently-open thread that seemed appropriate, so here it is.

Jose is on the road back! He won't be a figure in the play-ins but if we make the playoffs he could appear at some point during the first round.

This team has missed Jose so much, I'm glad to see him (apparently) on the path to an imminent return. He's a fan favourite for a reason.
    Basketball.

Full report is here, though it contains nothing really of note.

My interest in this season might perk up if the Lakers lose tonight. That would be kinda important.

If they win and avoid the lottery then nah. Jose and Zion need to look forward to September.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    My interest in this season might perk up if the Lakers lose tonight. That would be kinda important.

If they win and avoid the lottery then nah. Jose and Zion need to look forward to September.
    Id rather the Lakers win tonight. I feel like we matchup better against Minnesota.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Id rather the Lakers win tonight. I feel like we matchup better against Minnesota.
    Disagree. A Lakers loss guarantees us a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Disagree. A Lakers loss guarantees us a lottery pick.
    what is the net number of spots you expect the Pelicans to move up in the draft if the lakers lose?

what is the net number of spots you expect the Pelicans to move up in the draft if the lakers lose?
    We would have to beat the Lakers or Minnesota on the road anyway. Both are tough. Now, the pick swap doesn't matter.

Minnesota proving once again the be the dumbest basketball team on the planet. Did not need to chuck a 3 after that steal. But thats them.

And you just lost to that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Minnesota proving once again the be the dumbest basketball team on the planet. Did not need to chuck a 3 after that steal. But thats them.

And you just lost to that.

That why I wanted them to lose against the Lakers. I truly believe we can beat them in a best of 3 series on the road even without Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    We would have to beat the Lakers or Minnesota on the road anyway. Both are tough. Now, the pick swap doesn't matter.
    The pick swap already didnt matter. What matters now is making a run in the playoffs.

The pick swap already didnt matter. What matters now is making a run in the playoffs.
    It would've mattered if the Lakers lost last night and we beat OKC and Lakers.

It also could've mattered if we lost to OKC and OKC beat the Lakers.
    Last edited by donato; 04-12-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Thread Information