Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April 7th - New Orleans Pelicans vs New York Knicks - 41-39

Once Trey's 3s start falling, watch out. He's got 20 already and he's only 1/5. 6/6 inside the arc.
    Basketball.

I like nance but I don’t think he should be logging more minutes than big Val

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I like nance but I don’t think he should be logging more minutes than big Val
    Nance has apparently played through a ton of injury stuff and you can absolutely tell. At the start of the season he was excellent but he's barely mobile at this point most of the time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nance has apparently played through a ton of injury stuff and you can absolutely tell. At the start of the season he was excellent but he's barely mobile at this point most of the time.
    yeah i like Nance too but the way he has looked lately Billy and Jax deserve opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    yeah i like Nance too but the way he has looked lately Billy and Jax deserve opportunities
    I think in a normal season it would've been fine because there would have been less need for him in certain situations (Zion) and opportunities for him to rest through the year, but given how many games we've lost to injury (40+ from Zion, 35+ from Ingram) he's had to log more minutes than usual and he's had to do that without sitting out for the injuries that he's had. If those guys are playing 70+ games this season, guys like Nance aren't as desperately needed and get more lenience on their own injury issues.

The consequence of this all is that over a full NBA season guys look 10 years older than they are.

Triggggggggggaaaaaaaaaa

A win here guarantees us home court in the play ins right?

I’ll say Zion and Brandon being hurt may have been a slight good thing I think 7 or 8 seed is good for us and without them two it’s given other guys to work on their game in real action

Herb is improving on his contested finishes

Basketball Guru
    its wild how last season willie went 11, 12 or 13 deep in the regular season and playoffs and had a fun successful season and 2 of the bigs who were part of that cant see the court now lol....

Dyson doesnt have confidence yet, he doesnt trust himself to score. Something that will come with maturity and experience hopefully.

Daniels looks like he's 4yrs away from being really useful SMH

If Dyson can't score when he is right in front of the rim then he needs to stay on the bench

Consecutive 30 point outings for Trey

Not sure we made the right pick with Daniels

Move the ball CJ

I'm so sick of games called UNEVEN

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    It's been one season, he's notably young even for his class, and he's mostly been good this year! Yeah ups and downs happen but he's been fine. Leave the kid alone

Basketball Guru
    I'm so sick of games called UNEVEN
    soon as hart went off on the ref and got his tech then the foul gates opened up on us...

Basketball Guru
    he is playable but you cant put him in that pressure cooker running the point in playoff games...let him play and focus on defense ...

Excellent defensive possession, great activity in the help

Good timeout, need a high percentage ATO here

CJ has been conceding #1 option to BI a lot more lately and it's helping both our offense and his shooting. I'm sure it got pretty mixed up with BI missing so many games, but this really is the best configuration for this Zionless lineup.

That foul call was silly

Herb is 7/7 from the floor, 1/1 from 3, and has 15

Thread Information