Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: April 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 40-39

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's on pace to become the Pels all-time 3 point leader by the time he's 25, which some might argue is pretty cool.

Only player in the NBA to be having a season where he's shooting 60% from 2, 40% from 3, and 90% from the FT line.
    In the entire league right now, where do you rank Trey Murphy as a 3pt shooter, not made 3s or contested 3s or this or that, just plain pure stroke 3pt assassin

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    In the entire league right now, where do you rank Trey Murphy as a 3pt shooter, not made 3s or contested 3s or this or that, just plain pure stroke 3pt assassin
    Set shooting, he's top 5. When he take motion shooting into account, probably lower - more like top 10, maybe top 12, because he's actually not a crazy dynamic motion shooter (though he is improving) but when his feet are set or he's in the corner it's absolutely money. He's a machine.

edit: I might be being slightly hyperbolic, but I'm in the moment and I believe in him. When he shoots, I trust it's going in. Every time.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 04-05-2023 at 11:06 PM.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Set shooting, he's top 5. When he take motion shooting into account, probably lower - more like top 10, maybe top 12, because he's actually not a crazy dynamic motion shooter (though he is improving) but when his feet are set or he's in the corner it's absolutely money. He's a machine.

edit: I might be being slightly hyperbolic, but I'm in the moment and I believe in him. When he shoots, I trust it's going in. Every time.
    I agree with you and have him top 5. I haven’t had this much faith in a 3ball going in since Peja

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Back from the Blender and I still can't believe what I just saw. It was with the price of admission, that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Have been wondering for a while now.... Can the team keep all 3 of BI, Herb and Trey? And all of them be happy? It feels a bit like one has to go eventually.
    Check out the new CBA.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-05-2023 at 11:45 PM.

Would be nice to have Zion off the bench Friday then start on Sunday.

Probably a pipe dream though. He won't be able to fight out of that pelicans bubble wrap in time.

Where tf is Jose?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Would be nice to have Zion off the bench Friday then start on Sunday.

Probably a pipe dream though. He won't be able to fight out of that pelicans bubble wrap in time.

Where tf is Jose?
    Hopefully both of them can return imminently.

Sadly though, wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Caution can become over-caution, which is eerily similar to self-sabotage, and the Pels seem to love dancing on that line.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Check out the new CBA.
    Sure but do you think any of those 3 guys want to be a bench player?

Kevin McHale came off the bench for Boston in the 80s and I think his career survived.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Those 3 guys seem to genuinely enjoy playing together. Having all 3 on the court together works just fine, although staggering them is cool too. If the salaries can be figured out I don?t think it will be an issue basketball fit wise.

The 6th man is a severely undervalued spot. They're often more important than the 4th and 5th best starter. That's why I like TMIII as a 6th man.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 04-06-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

If we lose that challenge, we also lose the time-out to advance and the prayer to hit a shot with 0.4s. That's why no challenge. I think that was a good call. Refs would not have over-turned it.

Can't wait to see what the officiating report says about the last two minutes. Herb's challenge on the Brooks three sure looked a lot like an offensive kick-out foul. DB extended his non-shooting arm in a Nazi salute fashion and hooked Herb's shoulder as he was flying by. There was no contact on the shooting hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    If we lose that challenge, we also lose the time-out to advance and the prayer to hit a shot with 0.4s. That's why no challenge. I think that was a good call. Refs would not have over-turned it.
    Well that's a fine thought to have, but they also specifically asked Willie why he didn't challenge it, and that was not his logic at all.

His reasoning was that he didn't see it and nobody else told him to do it. That's it.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Lol well I guess the source is good enough there.

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    Can't wait to see what the officiating report says about the last two minutes. Herb's challenge on the Brooks three sure looked a lot like an offensive kick-out foul. DB extended his non-shooting arm in a Nazi salute fashion and hooked Herb's shoulder as he was flying by. There was no contact on the shooting hand.
    Turns out the only call they decided was incorrect in the last two minutes was a non-call. They said Ingram travelled at the 51 second mark of the 4th, but it wasn't called. Everything else they felt was a correct call or non-call.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    JJJ put it on them again tonight, becomes 1st player in NBA history to have consecutive games with at least 35 points, 3 blocks, and 3 made 3s... getting DPOY mentions as well.

Thread Information